ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Any one had their impreza wrapped? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/964287-any-one-had-their-impreza-wrapped.html)

howellsy42 03 February 2013 09:11 AM

Any one had their impreza wrapped?

My car needs some paint touching up and I'm thinking of have it wrapped Matt black its black at the mo have had a quota of £1000 for seamless wrap with guarantee what do you lot think? Worth it or just get the paintwork sorted that will cost £750

dukeoffenland 03 February 2013 09:16 AM

I was told painting a car satin black is cheap and easier than normal

Dale17 03 February 2013 09:22 AM

Iv seen good things with vinyl wrap but didn't know it was that expensive

craigyp 03 February 2013 09:44 AM

been qouted around 1200 mark for my blob eye, from one of best wrappers in the business. . pwpro in Mansfield Woodhouse. go to his web page and check some of his work out..

Markfey 03 February 2013 10:03 AM

IMO matt black is not a good look on a subaru. However, why not get in done in white :)

I did look into it myself when i was bored but my quotes were coming in closer to £2k as they were saying spoilers, splitters, vents, spats etc all had to be removed making the cost rise massively.

Are you aware of prodriverules on here? He has some awesome results of his spray work. Might be worth dropping him a PM for his expert opinion.

j976rna 03 February 2013 10:16 AM

ive heard you still need imperfections taken out of your original paintwork, before fitting the wrap, as wont it show up through the wrap? Like rust bubbles?

dukeoffenland 03 February 2013 11:03 AM

I wrapped a roof in carbon was quite easy with 2 if you and taking time I wouldn't want to do a whole car mind

MattyB1983 03 February 2013 12:10 PM

If the paint work underneath isnt perfect then it will show up in the wrap.
If your intent on wrapping then don't go with matt black, ive seen a few cars done and it really looks crap. Go for a colour that will increase the desirability of your car, and with a newage its white.

Me, personally, id get the car painted. When you come to sell the car it will be a massive bonus if the paint is spot on compared to a wrap.

chocolate_o_brian 03 February 2013 01:06 PM

I was tempted to look into it. Mainly as my bodywork needs a bit of attention. So rather than re spraying bits, get them level and prepped with a nice vinyl wrap above. Think I'll be my cars last owner so not fussed what's underneath shade matching wise. Car is silver so regards under bonnet and door shuts, I could live with it as a neutral colour.

Dave-W- 03 February 2013 01:44 PM

i looked in to wrapping but the places i went had done a half arsed job on their own cars that they show to customers :nono:

so i am having a full makeover with ryan (prodriverules) in the next few weeks can't wait :D

Dave Y 03 February 2013 01:50 PM

you won't be dissapointed,he did mine top job.Have alook in the projects Ryan also did a good write up.

Dave-W- 03 February 2013 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Y (Post 10973182)
you won't be dissapointed,he did mine top job.Have alook in the projects Ryan also did a good write up.

looked at his threads a lot thats why i picked him :thumb:

irondrew 03 February 2013 03:49 PM

Have a friend that wraps cars and I just think it looks taccy to say the least. Of course its your choice, but I think it will bring down the value of the car. Can't understand why people wrap ferraris and Lambos myself, it looks like DFS got hold of it and lent it to Halfords! Plus if it's cheaper to get paintwork done. .. it's a no brainer! You will lose that wow factor after a nice clean/wax and eventually it degrades after rain/heat.

tubbytommy 03 February 2013 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-W- (Post 10973208)
looked at his threads a lot thats why i picked him :thumb:

what you having done gayve?
a full respray?

Dave-W- 03 February 2013 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 10973315)
what you having done gayve?
a full respray?

yes m8 full re-spray and lots of carbon fibre ordered :thumb:
just ordered a burger flap aswell :D
and a private plate

you will have more stickers on yours than i will on mine you chav :hjtwofing

StevieL81 03 February 2013 04:36 PM

I had a car wrapped, never again, looks rubbish and peels off and looks worse! Spend your money on some good paint work.

howellsy42 03 February 2013 07:20 PM

Looks like it will be going to Prodriverules then !

Dave-W- 03 February 2013 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by howellsy42 (Post 10973687)
Looks like it will be going to Prodriverules then !

get in the queue :D