ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The General Election Tomorrow ... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/963961-the-general-election-tomorrow.html)

pslewis 31 January 2013 08:42 AM

The General Election Tomorrow ...

... well, there isn't - but - if there were, where would your vote go?

Not looking for a political debate really - just an open and honest indication of how the SN Members would vote.

I realise that SN was mainly Tory up until the last Election, but the demographics of Scooby ownership has changed somewhat since, plus we have had a Tory/Lib Government in power for over two years now.

It will be interesting to see what the snapshot is now.

Graz 31 January 2013 08:53 AM

Unfortunately whoever is in charge aren't going to sort this mess out overnight. I'd tend to want to stick with the Conservatives (with a LibDem pact if required) so that the effects of their measures can be seen :)

Tidgy 31 January 2013 08:57 AM

cant be bothered to vote, being a couple with both working, who dont claim benefits we get shafted on all sides, that and the fact that there all bent and looking after themselves, whast the point?

Felix. 31 January 2013 10:19 AM

I think Keith Chegwin is doing really well - so i'm voting for him :)

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 31 January 2013 10:25 AM

What does "try and get another coalition" mean. Don't remember seeing that on the voting slip!

David Lock 31 January 2013 10:53 AM

I'd go for the put-down-geriatric-posters party :thumb:

dl

pslewis 31 January 2013 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 10968966)
I'd go for the put-down-geriatric-posters party :thumb:

dl

Feck Off :lol1:

Osimabu 31 January 2013 11:39 AM

It is quite depressing that none of the main parties seem to have anyone in charge of them with a proven record of running a successful large business. But then, why on earth would anyone in such a position want to become a politician?

Miniman 31 January 2013 11:53 AM

There should be a "don't know" option. I honestly don't know if it happened tomorrow.

While I know the economy downturn wasn't all Labour's fault, they certainly didn't prepare well and some of their other policies were plain wrong. However I think the current Con/Dem work getting the economy back on it's feet isn't working. I'm all for action now not at some point in future (even if it turns out to be wrong at least we/they are trying). But there are some other things they are doing right. So it's not enough for me to condem (excuse the pun) the current government and still not too long ago that I can forget all the wrong things Labour did.

Actually I think that leaving this government another couple of years to try and sort it out the economy is the best way as we can really take stock - but I guess that' why 4/5 year terms are a good thing.

Dr Hu 31 January 2013 11:59 AM

I have voted UKIP since they were formed - all those doorsteppers telling me it was a wasted vote is finally coming home to roost...

It wasn't a wasted vote, as I was giving support to a party that was never going to win *that* year, but has grown support over the years, as people could see that they were gaining votes, which is finally paying off. I believe with every party there is always a 'tipping point' where they become voteable.

Thats the problem in politics - short sightedness!

Martin2005 31 January 2013 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 10969018)
I have voted UKIP since they were formed - all those doorsteppers telling me it was a wasted vote is finally coming home to roost...

It wasn't a wasted vote, as I was giving support to a party that was never going to win *that* year, but has grown support over the years, as people could see that they were gaining votes, which is finally paying off. I believe with every party there is always a 'tipping point' where they become voteable.

Thats the problem in politics - short sightedness!

If they win 1 seat it would be a surprise

jods 31 January 2013 02:12 PM

They have 3 in the House of Lords

Leslie 31 January 2013 02:20 PM

It is no surprise to see UKIP being ahead in the Sn poll.

Les

f1_fan 31 January 2013 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 10969047)
If they win 1 seat it would be a surprise

A very pleasant one, 10 would be better :thumb:

Everyone tells me I am wrong not voting so given I think the Tories, Lib Dems and Labour are all greedy self serving lying tw4ts as evidenced by their governing of the country over the last 30 years I shall have to vote UKIP.

At least they appear to stand for something they actually believe in.... not something the main parties can truly say without laughing!

pslewis 31 January 2013 05:48 PM

Interesting that UKIP tops the poll presently.

Not surprising that the LibDem's have a big fat zero - they have sold their souls to have some power ...... I doubt they will ever recover from this devastation.

Looks like the LibDem votes have switched to UKIP?

hodgy0_2 31 January 2013 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 10969399)
Looks like the LibDem votes have switched to UKIP?

nice try,

I suspect the reality is that quite a few labour supporters will vote UKIP,

Certainly an order of magnitude more than libdem voters

pslewis 31 January 2013 06:05 PM

You could be right, but I suspect that the LibDem defectors will outnumber the Labour defectors by 5:1.

The Tory vote is only strong because of the fake promise that we will have a referendum on the EU (it won't happen).

tubbytommy 31 January 2013 06:06 PM

the sooner we get out of the eu the better.

stop spending our taxes on freeloading immigrants.

^Qwerty^ 01 February 2013 12:22 PM

Protest vote to UKIP from me. Single issue, the Child Benefit **** up.

stilover 01 February 2013 12:25 PM

Tory. They are the only ones to get us out of this mess.

f1_fan 01 February 2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 10970407)

Cool, let us know when they make a start :thumb:

f1_fan 01 February 2013 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 10969417)
The Tory vote is only strong because this is SN and BNP weren't an option on the poll

EFA :thumb:

Martin2005 01 February 2013 12:51 PM

There's a beautiful irony in all this:

A vote for UKIP helps Labour win and therefore means no referendum. Only a Tory win delivers a vote on Europe.
So all those who don't want a referendum should vote UKIP!:cuckoo:

Oh the joys of our batty electoral system:cuckoo:

pslewis 01 February 2013 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 10970407)

Priceless :lol:

While the Tories borrow more than Labour ever did!!!!

I would actually vote Tory if they clamped down on benefits - it SHOULD be a struggle if you are on benefits, it's how it should be!!

Martin2005 01 February 2013 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 10970459)
Priceless :lol:

While the Tories borrow more than Labour ever did!!!!

I would actually vote Tory if they clamped down on benefits - it SHOULD be a struggle if you are on benefits, it's how it should be!!

Yeah because most people on benefits are living the life of Riley:cuckoo:

Sometimes Pete you are an utter friggin knob

f1_fan 01 February 2013 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 10970442)
Only a Tory win delivers a vote on Europe.

Excellent analysis except the vote won't happen.

pslewis 01 February 2013 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 10970475)
Yeah because most people on benefits are living the life of Riley:cuckoo:

Sometimes Pete you are an utter friggin knob

It's the one's who ARE living a life of Riley I want stamped out! NOT those struggling, as that's how it should be.

alcazar 01 February 2013 01:49 PM

UKIP are the next LibDems.

They will promise the moon, knowing full well they they are never going to have to deliver, then sit on their nice fat MP salary and collect their even fatter MP pensions.

warrenm2 01 February 2013 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10970523)
UKIP are the next LibDems.

They will promise the moon, knowing full well they they are never going to have to deliver, then sit on their nice fat MP salary and collect their even fatter MP pensions.

Thats a bit cynical, along the lines of "Don't vote, it only encourages them!" Are they going to be any worse than the current lot? No. Is there a possibility they could be better? Yes. Do their policies actually seem sane to you? Well I know they get my vote...

There is an accepted argument in political circles (say on the Daily Politics show) that the referendum promise is down to UKIP's campaigning, so without any seats they are already influencing and changing UK politics. It is a view I subscribe to as well. So there is more subtle things happening even as Martin keeps wittering on that they have no HoC seats

paulr 01 February 2013 03:31 PM

Very, very, very reluctantly.........................Tory.