ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Where to go for our next holiday? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/963887-where-to-go-for-our-next-holiday.html)

EOEUMC 30 January 2013 02:15 PM

Where to go for our next holiday?

Hi folks :luxhello:

Well in October this year were hoping to go away abroad in the school holiday (last week in October/beginning of November) but not sure as to where to go :confused:
We want abroad and are looking for somewhere warm with things to do (basically the place isn't shut as out of season) and I want to relax on this holiday, so spitting distance from a beach is a must. Or at least a 5 minute walk to it :Whatever_

So has anyone here got any good destinations that you can recommend (personally been or know people who have been there)? Nothing that I would have to pay an arm for though :nono:

Thank you :D

CarBen Fibre Creations 30 January 2013 02:17 PM

Im off to Egypt next month, hotel has a private beach and water sports plus there is a reef at the end of a jetty off the beach which is perfect for snorkeling :)

donny andi 30 January 2013 03:14 PM

I went to Cyprus last October .......red hot mate :thumb:

EOEUMC 30 January 2013 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by BenC (Post 10967870)
Im off to Egypt next month, hotel has a private beach and water sports plus there is a reef at the end of a jetty off the beach which is perfect for snorkeling :)

My girlfriend said about Egypt and one of her work collegues is going, but somewhere that has never took my fancy tbh :(

Originally Posted by donny andi (Post 10967943)
I went to Cyprus last October .......red hot mate :thumb:

We went there about 4 years ago in June and it was hot then. Wasn't a bad place tbh and I had my first car crash there :freak3: lol. I had a brand new car and driven it about 3 miles and some plonker pulled out in to the side of me :brickwall

Anymore places peeps?

marshall332bhp 30 January 2013 03:34 PM

Mexico. I love the place. Warm that time of year still and prices shouldn't be mental.

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 30 January 2013 03:54 PM

Algeria might be quite cheap.

lordharding 30 January 2013 04:00 PM

Sunny beach Bulgaria
Palma nova majolica
Barcelona Spain
Lovely beach and city to look around

k9l3 30 January 2013 04:07 PM

dont goto egypt its a stinky place and must be very carefull with food plus they are bad pervs and could get on your nervs ( if you with the women) i going to cyprus soon cant wait. gran canaria is nice. majorca is nice aswell bit tacky round the magaluf part.
or instead of egypt goto turkey.
portugal was nice but bit boring i found

magepaster 30 January 2013 05:31 PM

I'm off to Hawaii for my next holiday and Peru after that to see where my girlfriend was born.

alcazar 30 January 2013 06:22 PM

Barbados.

Jamie 30 January 2013 06:29 PM

Syria is a blast.

stiscooby 30 January 2013 09:22 PM

I'm off to Thailand next Saturday if that helps :D

stonejedi 30 January 2013 09:25 PM

Butlins:D

Shaid 30 January 2013 09:25 PM

Don't go anywhere Arab! It's rough round there as they are busy with their Spring.

I would suggest Pakistan. Nice weather and you can play with guns :)

marshall332bhp 30 January 2013 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by stiscooby (Post 10968474)

Balls deep in brass eh?

lordharding 30 January 2013 09:58 PM

I went to Australia last September for a month
3weeks in Adelaide stopping with the boy then a week in Sydney
Without a dout the best city in the world especially the harbour and the bridge walk and the ferry to manly and hireling a car and driving TI te home and away beach
Back via Singapore where you can pay 175k for a mobile phone and a woman for a tenner

This year going to phillipines to our villa for three weeks and a stop over in Singapore again

Niagro falls is worth a visit
Not a beach person prefer the cities and touristy things

LeeMac 30 January 2013 09:59 PM

Went to Malta in Oct, good temperature, nice place

flew Ryanair as well

OP asked for none arm n leg prices yet looking at some posts its look where im going and where ive been

Matteeboy 30 January 2013 10:47 PM

LOL at the people just boasting about where they've been. Do you actually READ threads at all?!!

If it's Oct/Nov it might have to be fairly far South - the Med is still warmish but the weather can be unpredictable.

Canary Islands maybe? All near the beach, warm all year around, a four hour flight, decent food, cheapish. Been to Lanzarote three times and Gran Canaria once - all good. Just avoid the REALLY tourist resorts (unless you like that sort of thing)!

Ellie* 30 January 2013 10:48 PM

^^ isn't it just!

Niagara Falls?? Wtf?! How is that warm in october or near a beach??!!

Barbados?! Australia? Coz that won't be an arm and a leg!

My suggestion would be Barcelona, though I'm not sure how warm late October is? It's warm enough to swim in the sea at 7.30pm in September though. Some nice hotels along the beaches and you're only a 10min metro ride from the centre. Lots to see and do too.

What about Marrakech? I've never been or even looked into going but it sounds like it might be nice? Should be warn there.

ScoobyWon't 30 January 2013 10:56 PM

Spent years living in Tenerife. October is warm and dry, but like most places, half-term means a price rise.

There are lots of beaches to choose from. I'd just recommend not staying too close to Veronica's.

pacenote 30 January 2013 11:12 PM

21:35 out of Heathrow ;)

lordharding 30 January 2013 11:19 PM

Barcelona will be ok in October
Nice beach but if your looking at prices not that cheap with the euro now
We were spending 20 euros per meal and 5 euros a drink
What about Tunisia ?
Friend went in an all inclusive there for £400 and never spent any extra cash
We all know all inclusive are dearer but it depends if you are a heavy drinker and eater

saints_forever 31 January 2013 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by LeeMac (Post 10968539)
Went to Malta in Oct, good temperature, nice place

Malta is lovely, especially if you like heritage. Is generally warm though wont have the beach that he's after, only one decent beach on Malta, the majority are rock (not pebble) based.

Canaries are a great shout. We are heading to Tenerife in November, hopefully. Been warm there when I've been for winter heat before. Staying in Playa Das Americas; lively with lots to do, Siam Park water park close by and the beach right next door, plus restaurants, bars and shops a plenty.

If you want cheaper, then mainland Spain is priced well. We had an all inclusive deal for £200 in early Oct to Salou, Costa Dorada. Though the weather isn't gaurunteed.

EOEUMC 31 January 2013 09:14 AM

No not really :razz: I would be drooling over the lovely ladies and I do mean ladies and not lady boys :norty:

Originally Posted by lordharding (Post 10968536)
I went to Australia last September for a month
3weeks in Adelaide stopping with the boy then a week in Sydney
Without a dout the best city in the world especially the harbour and the bridge walk and the ferry to manly and hireling a car and driving TI te home and away beach
Back via Singapore where you can pay 175k for a mobile phone and a woman for a tenner

This year going to phillipines to our villa for three weeks and a stop over in Singapore again

Niagro falls is worth a visit
Not a beach person prefer the cities and touristy things

Done Australia, many years ago now though :( Had 3 months in Victoria over Christmas time. What a different place, Imean doing Christmas shopping in 112f degrees :lol1: and not exactly cheaper than an arm :(

EOEUMC 31 January 2013 09:20 AM

Thanks to the peeps who are bringing the ideas back down to my sort of level :thumb:

Was thinking of Malta, Canaries etc was also thinking of Sardinia. Anyone been there yet? Been to Barcelona/Spain, but that dosen't mean we wouldn't go back. Was a nice place but don't things shut early October time there?

As said, any reccomendations of places aswell as countries would be nice :thumb:

Oh and I did mention abroad so you can shove Butlins where the sun don't shine! :sleep:

EOEUMC 31 January 2013 09:30 AM

Just checking the what the weathers like in Sardinia in October, maybe we wont go there :( Could do with being a tad warmer, although I don't like it too hot.

Ray T 31 January 2013 10:20 AM

Do consider Sharm el sheikh , we stayed at the savoy , own beach reef "kids" club and a sanitized shopping/resturant area outside, we were there the week before xmas 23C though need a jumper in the evening.

alcazar 31 January 2013 12:31 PM

We did Barbados two weeks for under £3500, all inclusive, drinks etc all day.

dpb 31 January 2013 12:35 PM

Sun city Joburg., everything you need

We didn't so we beeen staying top end drackensburg,just got back

davyboy 31 January 2013 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by EOEUMC (Post 10968871)
was also thinking of Sardinia. Anyone been there yet?

Yes, I've been in March/April a few times, generally pretty nice. Although I am usually only travelling to Corsica, which is better.