ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Do UK Scoobs have an issue with condensation (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/963098-do-uk-scoobs-have-an-issue-with-condensation.html)

scooby_slippers 23 January 2013 09:34 PM

Do UK Scoobs have an issue with condensation

I have two weeks of Scoob ownership under my belt (RB320) and despite being absolutely chuffin delighted I have noticed some worrying wet patches in the boot. One is on the wheel arch on right and the other centre left of the main boot compartment. I know there are issues with lights leaking but these dont seem to be where that would create a damp patch. Do the cars suffer from condensation in cold weather or do I have to do the locate leak shuffle starting with light clusters!

:wonder:

Mcintyre19 23 January 2013 09:37 PM

Boot seal?

marshall332bhp 23 January 2013 09:39 PM

Both the ones av had suffer from a steamy rear window in the cold.

scooby_slippers 23 January 2013 09:40 PM

Hmmm could be - I think it may need to go back to dealers to address...

Fonzey 23 January 2013 09:44 PM

Boot seal or spoiler bolts from what I've read.

I've never had any damp patches as such... But the boot always seems like the air inside is heavy with moisture... If that makes sense.

nyscooby 23 January 2013 09:47 PM

I got one of them moisture trap boxes in the boot and the parcel shelf... helps alot.

Your gonna get a little moisture.

marshall332bhp 23 January 2013 09:54 PM

[QUOTE

Your gonna get a little moisture.[/QUOTE]

Nowt wrong with a little moisture! :-)

LVC 23 January 2013 10:06 PM

My Hawkeye had condensation problems on the back window and damp patches in the boot - the water was leaking in via the WRX spoiler mounting points.

When I put on the STi spoiler I ran a bead of Tiger Seal either side of the bolt holes - result, no more wet patches nor condensation.

Pramas 23 January 2013 11:09 PM

my hawk sti has condesation on the inside of the front and rear windows if cold, but never in the boot, id be checking the seals

IggyRB320 23 January 2013 11:22 PM

Definitely take it back to the dealer! Haven't heard any reports on the RB320oc of this.

nobafett 23 January 2013 11:59 PM

My recently purchased Hawkeye Sti is going to the dealers to have a new boot seal fitted. Noticed a few damp patches and actually saw some water dripping through. My blob Wrx had the same issue. I have also had some condensation at the bottom of the rear window.

alcazar 24 January 2013 09:30 AM

Condensation inside the car isn't rare in tghis sort of weather. The inside soon warms sufficiently to evaporate any moisture during a sunny day, but at night, back it comes as condensation in the coldest place: the bottom of the windows. Same as in a house really.

You can help by:
Running it with the airconditioning on to dry the air.
Running it with heaters on full hot until it's almost too hot inside, then opening the windows to allow the warm, damp air out and cold drier air in.
Mopping the condensation with paper towels before a journey, and put them in a bin, NOT inside the car;)
Leaving one of those moisture traps inside the car: don't forget to follow instructiuons or they don't do anything.

However, any sign of moisture in the boot should be dealt with: the most common culprits are well documented;)