ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   SOCOM Subaru Owners Club Of Manchester Section (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/962582-socom-subaru-owners-club-of-manchester-section.html)

r6nick 01 February 2013 05:49 PM

anyone know how to make this thread a Sticky? ?

f1_fan 01 February 2013 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by r6nick (Post 10970833)
anyone know how to make this thread a Sticky? ?

You need to ask the mods. Send a PM and they will hopefully do it.

M2RTXhawkeye 01 February 2013 06:33 PM

It was good meeting you guys yesterday I'm sure this will grow into something big for us mancs :D :thumb:

Martin

r6nick 01 February 2013 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10970872)
You need to ask the mods. Send a PM and they will hopefully do it.

Done it....fingers crossed :thumb:

r6nick 01 February 2013 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by M2RTXbugeye (Post 10970899)
It was good meeting you guys yesterday I'm sure this will grow into something big for us mancs :D :thumb:

Martin

Martin how have u done that socom thing at the bottom of ur posts? ?

r6nick 01 February 2013 11:47 PM

silly me done it lol

M2RTXhawkeye 02 February 2013 08:50 AM

Sorry nick just seen your post but you've sorted it now :D

So when's the next meet?

Martin

r6nick 02 February 2013 10:09 AM

Morning mate, Gonna keep the meets to the last Thursday of every month so this months will be the 28th...gonna stick with the Unicorn and hope they can sort the lighting out.

GAZZA 02 February 2013 08:49 PM

weekend run out

anyone interested in a summer drive out to watch a bit of drifting http://www.driftone.co.uk/about-drif...-drift-circuit

its about 36 miles form the (Subaru owners club of Manchester) pub meet.
its only an idea at the moment seeing as were a new club and testing the water to see what everyone fancy's doing .

no dates as yet , food is available on site, it will be a weekend, and hopefully summer will be warm good excuse to wash & polish the scoob's and take it for a run on the back roads.

DISCOUNT MIGHT BE AVAILABLE FOR GROUP BOOKINGS BUT WE'LL LOOK INTO THAT

PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

Rbon91 02 February 2013 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by GAZZA (Post 10972413)
anyone interested in a summer drive out to watch a bit of drifting http://www.driftone.co.uk/about-drif...-drift-circuit

its about 36 miles form the (Subaru owners club of Manchester) pub meet.
its only an idea at the moment seeing as were a new club and testing the water to see what everyone fancy's doing .

no dates as yet , food is available on site, it will be a weekend, and hopefully summer will be warm good excuse to wash & polish the scoob's and take it for a run on the back roads.

DISCOUNT MIGHT BE AVAILABLE FOR GROUP BOOKINGS BUT WE'LL LOOK INTO THAT

PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

Count me in for this one :)

r6nick 02 February 2013 09:38 PM

Sounds good anyone else? ?

M2RTXhawkeye 02 February 2013 09:44 PM

I'm in guys

Martin

GAZZA 02 February 2013 10:31 PM

anyone know i add more photos of my car in the garage area ?
i can only find the edit photos tab but no add from computer of photobucket thingy....... ive done it once before but ive slept a couple of time since

r6nick 02 February 2013 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by GAZZA (Post 10972607)
anyone know i add more photos of my car in the garage area ?
i can only find the edit photos tab but no add from computer of photobucket thingy....... ive done it once before but ive slept a couple of time since

Avin similar problems tryna post pictures on threads:cuckoo: help please guys :D

r6nick 04 February 2013 08:57 AM

There doesn't seam to be much interaction going on between members on here...really hope there's no need for concern??
I will be starting a new thread shortly to create a list of those that are coming to next months meet. If you could all post your name and your car ie: Nick -99 Blue Classic
That was I can keep a track of numbers but also we all have a rough idea of who will be there.
Also the NBO is an obvious event we want to attend....now to have our own club section we need 12 Cars so your continued support is vital.
We should be getting some club stickers made up maybe by next meet but definitely by March....These will not incur you guys any costs as I have found a company who are willing to put our nsme alongside theirs kind of like assponsorship. ...would you guys be willing to give a bit of free advertising? ??
The sponsorship company is call RAW AUTOMOTIVE check out thier website.!!!
I want to keep fee's and costs for the club minimal guys so the sponsorship seams ideal to me.
Anyway if you can all keep up the good work with the ideas and all add your name to the list when it's created that would be great.
Thanks Nick

f1_fan 04 February 2013 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by r6nick (Post 10974317)
There doesn't seam to be much interaction going on between members on here...really hope there's no need for concern??

Yeah I think you're all c**ts ;) Nah just been busy with work mate. I'm here :D

Originally Posted by r6nick (Post 10974317)
We should be getting some club stickers made up maybe by next meet but definitely by March....These will not incur you guys any costs as I have found a company who are willing to put our nsme alongside theirs kind of like assponsorship. ...would you guys be willing to give a bit of free advertising? ??
The sponsorship company is call RAW AUTOMOTIVE check out thier website.!!!
I want to keep fee's and costs for the club minimal guys so the sponsorship seams ideal to me.

Sounds a great idea to me, they get a bit of sponsorship and we get free stickers. If it falls through cointact Rob Day on here as he makes stickers as part of his business. He will doubtless help us out if we need it.

One thing we could also do is get some small business card sized cards made up as if you see a nice Scoob parked up around Manchester you can stick it under their wiper or if you see the owner give it to them.

That's how LADS found me many moons ago.

scoobyverysoon 04 February 2013 04:29 PM

Stickystuff on here used to do our smacs stickers

also drop some club info into the likes of prosport etc cards are a good idea along with a sticker in the window in there as Pete doesnt mind

another one to top is get your club logo on the nurburgring like ours :D were even in the game gran turismo :lol1:

Rbon91 04 February 2013 05:37 PM

Tatton park doing couple of shows this year might be a good day for a stand :)

GAZZA 04 February 2013 11:13 PM

R.AF WOODVALE CAR SHOW

ALSO RAF WOODVALE was a good day out Sundays the best day to do ,we used to get good weather. i went last year and there was a Subaru stand with about 15/20 or so cars.

i still have a contact number for the guys in charge i'll see whats happening.

GAZZA 04 February 2013 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rbon91 (Post 10974987)
Tatton park doing couple of shows this year might be a good day for a stand :)

i think tatton park was a Andrew Greenwood show ,

GAZZA 04 February 2013 11:18 PM

just found some photos of the THE BIG ONE SUBARU MEET from back in 2002 that i attended i would put some photos up but it still wont work,

GAZZA 05 February 2013 12:59 AM

check out FACEBOOK for the photos
https://www.facebook.com/subaruownersclub.manchester

r6nick 05 February 2013 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon (Post 10974879)
Stickystuff on here used to do our smacs stickers

also drop some club info into the likes of prosport etc cards are a good idea along with a sticker in the window in there as Pete doesnt mind

another one to top is get your club logo on the nurburgring like ours :D were even in the game gran turismo :lol1:

That would be so kool to get the club name on something like the nurburgring and gran turismo.....especially when it's something I have started. Keep the tips coming :thumb:

And members just think a bit of effort from us all and we can make SOCOM huge:luxhello:

r6nick 05 February 2013 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by GAZZA (Post 10975770)
ALSO RAF WOODVALE was a good day out Sundays the best day to do ,we used to get good weather. i went last year and there was a Subaru stand with about 15/20 or so cars.

i still have a contact number for the guys in charge i'll see whats happening.

15/20 cars.......I hope to see that next meet :hjtwofing

M2RTXhawkeye 05 February 2013 08:42 AM

Mate of mine has a garage in Stockport where plenty of subaru owners (some on Scoobynet) take there cars to him (taylormotors) sure if we could get some cards made up he'd give them out to them.

Martin

scoobyverysoon 05 February 2013 10:05 AM

I can also vouch for Rick at taylor motors - hes an ex subaru owner who knows his stuff - runs a very good setup. give him a try :thumb:

infact ive got my service there tomorrow ready for oulton park

GAZZA 05 February 2013 12:42 PM

TRUSTED SCOOBY GARAGES.

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon (Post 10976030)
I can also vouch for Rick at taylor motors - hes an ex subaru owner who knows his stuff - runs a very good setup. give him a try :thumb:

talking of garages HDC ,
OLD TOWN MILL,
WORDSWORTH,
HEBDEN BRIDGE
W YORKSHIRE
HX7 8SW

ASK FOR HOWARD.

I KNOW ITS NOT REALLY IN OUR AREA BUT HE'S VERY GOOD HE RALLY'S A SCOOB AND HAS THE KNOWLEDGE TO BACK HIS SKILLS.

HE HELPED ME WHEN I WAS I'LL AND HAD NO ONE TO TURN TO FOR HELP,
HE GOT ME BACK LOVING MY SCOOB AGAIN

GAZZA 05 February 2013 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by r6nick (Post 10975862)
That would be so kool to get the club name on something like the nurburgring and gran turismo.....especially when it's something I have started. Keep the tips coming :thumb:

And members just think a bit of effort from us all and we can make SOCOM huge:luxhello:

RIGHT BEHIND YOU MATE....

M2RTXhawkeye 05 February 2013 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon (Post 10976030)

Top lad is Rick shame he's in a focus rs now :cuckoo: :lol1: done loads of work on my car and knows it inside out :D

Give him the heads up when you see him mate am sure he'll be glad to help us out :thumb:

Nick were all here ready to help where needed to make a success of SOCOM :notworthy

Martin

GAZZA 05 February 2013 02:45 PM

looks like ive got a replacement for my import classic's boot decal

http://thestickerstar.com/p/23/impre...d-replacements ive been looking for ages