ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   syvecs (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/962331-syvecs.html)

awdpower 16 January 2013 10:14 PM

syvecs

syvecs whats it worth second hand, found it in a subaru of mine it was inside a standerd g4 ecu case plus a recept from tdi lakeside £1650 :eek: not trying to sell just need more info on this ecu please and is it worth keeping any links would be grate, anybody using a syvec.

wrx271 16 January 2013 10:25 PM

Keep it if you want one of the best I run the syvecs if you need any info give bob rawle a shout he knows the score

Regards

Dave

JTinnovations 16 January 2013 10:28 PM

Syvecs is one of the best ECUs you can fit for that sort of money...keep it and be confident that your car will run well and safely :)

Loads of safety features you can configure, as long as you have sensors wired in (such as oil pressure and temp) and even better if you have a wideband lambda, allowing closed loop fuelling even on boost :D

jura11 16 January 2013 11:09 PM

Hi there

As above Tim@JTinnovations said is the best ECU for money and really is worth to keep it

Running this ECU and I wouldn't swap this ECU,with right sensor and wideband is really great ECU,any other ECU with similar function cost twice or thrice more than Syvecs

Just search and you will see almost everyone who running high bhp,running only Syvecs(minority running SimTek/AlcaTek)

About the sensors/wideband speak here with Tim@JTinnovations and have look too on Toucan

Jura

awdpower 16 January 2013 11:32 PM

thanks people for the info how would i tell if i using a wide band or any over stuff that go with this ecu :wonder: my car is a version 2 sti forged angine build by api also my car as a delay in start up, my m8 said its part of the syvec its been mapped that way any truth in that ?

JTinnovations 16 January 2013 11:36 PM

Download the Syvecs software from their website, connect your laptop and download the map, and take a look. If you want to email it to me, I'm happy to take a look :thumb:

awdpower 16 January 2013 11:39 PM

wow ive got a lap top what leads do i need m8

JTinnovations 16 January 2013 11:41 PM

Ethernet cable - usual practice when installing a Syvecs is for an Ethernet cable to be ready-connected and tucked away somewhere, maybe in the glovebox.

If you can't find it, take look at the ECU in the passenger footwell, and you will see it has an Ethernet socket on it :)

awdpower 16 January 2013 11:46 PM

yep it as, cant see the cable in the car ,me wife said we have a spare one somwere ill use that i dig it out now and get on the syvec and down load it now if i dont have any luck ill send to you see what you can find m8 thanks

awdpower 16 January 2013 11:50 PM

ive got a s6 syvecs been on the web page to down load and there is loads of Default Calibration what one do i down load :confused:

JTinnovations 16 January 2013 11:53 PM

You don't need any default calibrations - just download the software suite:

http://www.syvecs.co.uk/forum/viewto...79b5a0862148f7

awdpower 17 January 2013 12:05 AM

not sure if i have down loaded the correct stuff but i have a load o syvecs data like a blue sceen awaiting for me to plug my ecu into the lead ? fingers crossed hope i dont mess it up lol

tweaks 17 January 2013 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by awdpower (Post 10948392)
thanks people for the info how would i tell if i using a wide band or any over stuff that go with this ecu :wonder: my car is a version 2 sti forged angine build by api also my car as a delay in start up, my m8 said its part of the syvec its been mapped that way any truth in that ?

Running syvecs myself,the cranking before firing is another safety feature on the ecu and it does this to make sure the crank and cam signals are in sync (belt not slipped etc.)before it lets the car start.
Its the same on them all.

Tim

tweaks 17 January 2013 01:30 AM

Running wideband also on mine and if yours is there should be a wiring harness plugged into the back of the ecu or possibly using an external type like innovate,aem etc.

Tim

JTinnovations 17 January 2013 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Run SCal, and then with the Ethernet cable connected to the ECU choose "Device" and then "Connect" from the menus. You should see this:

Attachment 68744

As t'other Tim says, you can also take a look at the back of the ECU - there is the Ethernet socket, a smaller "modem" type socket (for Toucan, for example), a thermocouple socket, a 12 way expansion connector and a 6 way connector for a wideband.

See what's plugged in and that will tell you if you have a wideband or EGT. Otherwise, connect using SCal and once connected, you can save to your laptop the "calibration" that was loaded up from the ecu when you connected to it, and look at it "offline" and/or email it to someone for a look-see.

HTH.

Dutch Scooby lover 17 January 2013 10:05 AM

Be sure to use a crosslink type Ethernet cable, not a straight one, as the straight one will not work.

banny sti 17 January 2013 10:33 AM

Reading on 22B.com that it is possible to connect to syvecs via wifi, negating the need for an ethernet cable

JTinnovations 17 January 2013 10:40 AM

Needs an adapter - not sure if it's off-the-shelf or a custom item from Syvecs?

dazdavies 17 January 2013 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dutch Scooby lover (Post 10948617)
Be sure to use a crosslink type Ethernet cable, not a straight one, as the straight one will not work.

You do not need a crossover cable for this to work. Any ethernet cable will do.

awdpower 17 January 2013 11:53 AM

does the computer have to be connected to the internet when syvecs is connect to the computer, i cant do both as i only have one connection :wonder: my syvecs has no connecting wide band plus found a mapp from tdi 225whp 205wtq when you buy a syvec dont thay come with a wide band built in ?

JTinnovations 17 January 2013 12:38 PM

No, doesn't have to be connected to Internet. No, wideband is not a standard item with Syvecs; it's something you buy as an add-on.

We do them, along with the cable you need :)

awdpower 17 January 2013 07:32 PM

yes whats a wide band cost these days fitted please plus ill be fitting a rotated gt30 kit with 800cc injectors i want launch controlle and anti lag on my syvecs ?

JTinnovations 17 January 2013 07:37 PM

Launch control and antilag are there as standard - just needs to be mapped in :thumb:

Pukka NTK wideband with a plug-and-play lead, ready to fit to your downpipe and plug straight in to the Syvecs is £167.39 delivered. Easy enough to DIY :)

Bob Rawle 18 January 2013 08:36 PM

The cable has to be a patch cable.

The ecu can accept a wide band sensor connected directly and Tim can supply you with the package to do that, it has the wideband controller available but needs the sensor pack to go with it, and then the maps have to be changed to configure the sensor and the target areas you want to control.

V good piece of kit, can be overkill for mild mods but if the car has it then you are in clover as they say.

cheers

bob

awdpower 19 January 2013 12:12 PM

thats why it didnt work lol thanks for the info im going for 400whp would you say wide band needed ?

tweaks 19 January 2013 01:19 PM

Its not "needed" but is far better to have at the level of power you're aiming for if just for the safety parameters alone.

Tim