ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What the hell is it about Scoobies?!? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/962120-what-the-hell-is-it-about-scoobies.html)

AlanPPP 14 January 2013 07:13 PM

What the hell is it about Scoobies?!?

I've recently sold my 5th Scooby as I thought I wanted something better on fuel and something a bit less noisy/more economical etc.

I've now got a mint Octavia VRS which is a brilliant car and everything I thought I wanted but I can't stop yearning for another Impreza!!! Is it the noise?? The road presence? The traction? The speed?

Am I going to be driving one when I'm 60 and can't walk properly??:lol1:

Might get a thread up asking if anyone fancies a swap deal :wonder:

My car....

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=48447041614

Jelly 14 January 2013 07:31 PM

I am on my first Scooby. I have had sharper cars, more luxury cars but when I drive the scooby I feel proud to be sitting in it. It has character and when I fancy a little push really fast. I smile every time I drive it, even crawling along in town.

addi monster 14 January 2013 07:39 PM

I did the self same thing a few years ago and almost cried myself to sleep every night until i got another scoob,.

Moojii 14 January 2013 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jelly (Post 10945349)
I am on my first Scooby. I have had sharper cars, more luxury cars but when I drive the scooby I feel proud to be sitting in it. It has character and when I fancy a little push really fast. I smile every time I drive it, even crawling along in town.

Spot on mate. Exactly my thoughts too. Its my first scooby and my fave car by far.

AlanPPP 14 January 2013 07:52 PM

lol Adi :) when I sold my Sonic Blue UK classic I could have cried! Needs must at the time though ;(

I think it's even the crawling in traffic part that gets me, trundling along at 30mph was an occasion.

AlanPPP 14 January 2013 07:55 PM

This was my baby...

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...P/78158bfc.jpg

tattoosi 14 January 2013 07:56 PM

nice vrs tho........what did you pay for it?

AlanPPP 14 January 2013 07:59 PM

£3400 in the end mate. Just taxed it for 6 months and will have a full MOT next week.

It's a great car but I'm just not loving it. Bloody quick too.

tattoosi 14 January 2013 08:02 PM

seems a fair price....i ve always liked the look of the vrs.never driven one.whats the drive like in one?

Trippie 14 January 2013 08:08 PM

Just keep going back to them,:luvlove:
on scooby no 6 and nothing like them, recently had an M5 and an M3 E46
but back in the scooby.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

filanann 14 January 2013 08:09 PM

I'm a lucky lad. I drive a Scooby & the Mrs has a little Fabia VRS which is ace to drive. So it's win/win which ever car is at the front of the drive

AlanPPP 14 January 2013 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by tattoosi (Post 10945425)
seems a fair price....i ve always liked the look of the vrs.never driven one.whats the drive like in one?

Well I searched for a while as most are on 100k and needs a cambelt etc. Mine wants for nothing.

Drive is great generally, sporty but still very much a family hatch if you get me. Sounds like a Focus ST which makes it feel like it's got a bit of character.

AlanPPP 14 January 2013 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by filanann (Post 10945447)
I'm a lucky lad. I drive a Scooby & the Mrs has a little Fabia VRS which is ace to drive. So it's win/win which ever car is at the front of the drive

I've had a Fabia VRS a long time ago and loved it! I know what you mean :)

blackvenom 14 January 2013 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by AlanPPP (Post 10945405)

Looked a stunner

ditchmyster 14 January 2013 08:50 PM

:lol1: who you trying to kid, i was out in a octavia vrs at the weekend and they are not a patch on a scooby, slow, crap handling and absolutely no redeeming features what so ever.

My wrx wagon ppp will p!ss all over it and my type r is in a different league all together.

Mug, get yourself back in a scooby, you know it makes sense.:thumb:

glenn_the_beard 14 January 2013 08:55 PM

On my first scoob, but certainly won't be the last...looking for newer now, but will be a scoob again...agreed with above, its the sense of occassion even on tickover and the grin factor...

veerinder9 14 January 2013 08:55 PM

Im 21 and I own a white scooby, since I was like 12 I always wanted a scooby and skyline r34 gtr(this will come after) , but im obsessed about scoobies, the street cred, the sound of them, its a never ending list to be honest, put it this way, if I ever buy another cat, I will alwayd have an impreza in my garagr collectiin as my toy :D

AlanPPP 14 January 2013 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 10945568)
:lol1: who you trying to kid, i was out in a octavia vrs at the weekend and they are not a patch on a scooby, slow, crap handling and absolutely no redeeming features what so ever.

My wrx wagon ppp will p!ss all over it and my type r is in a different league all together.

Mug, get yourself back in a scooby, you know it makes sense.:thumb:

Don't hold back mate whatever you do :lol1: mines actually quicker than the RB5 I've just got rid of so....obviously the handling isn't the same but then again they are completely different cars/backgrounds.

I'll be in another soon enough don't you worry :D

AlanPPP 14 January 2013 09:07 PM

Plus the VRS will do 37/38 MPG on a run...try compete with that :-P

AlanPPP 14 January 2013 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by blackvenom (Post 10945523)
Looked a stunner

Yep :(

nobafett 14 January 2013 09:17 PM

My other car is a 59 plate tsi vRS. Same engine as the Gti, Leon FR etc etc. 200 bhp as standard and a little dull. Mine is running at stage 2 with brakes and suspension mods to boot. It's now an extremely capable car and will do 0-100 in under 13 seconds. Considering its just under 18 as standard, that's a huge improvement.
However, I always missed my scooby since owning a blob wrx in 2007. Only had it for 6 months then sold it as needed something bigger. Well, times have been very fortunate and a few weeks ago I was able to buy a 2007 sti as a second car. I absolutely love it and with 333bhp, is plenty quick enough. For me, there's a sense of theatre when taking the scooby out. I love the noise, grip, looks and I love the way that boys and blokes look at it. You can tell they are thinking 'if only I had one of those instead of my crap diesel people carrier'. I feel like I'm showing off and that feels great.
As good as the vRS is, I certainly rarely feel like that.

nobafett 14 January 2013 09:21 PM

Forgot to say, the vRS is way more comfortable, more spacious, vastly more economical, soother gearbox, etc etc and I just don't care about any of that!

scoobynutta555 14 January 2013 09:28 PM

I've swung between Imprezas and Vag dervs for over a decade. I found Lotus Elises to be the middle ground! Lates 40's mpg on nul with road presence to die for.

BILLETBEANZ 14 January 2013 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by AlanPPP (Post 10945322)
I've recently sold my 5th Scooby as I thought I wanted something better on fuel and something a bit less noisy/more economical etc.

I've now got a mint Octavia VRS which is a brilliant car and everything I thought I wanted but I can't stop yearning for another Impreza!!! Is it the noise?? The road presence? The traction? The speed?

Am I going to be driving one when I'm 60 and can't walk properly??:lol1:

Might get a thread up asking if anyone fancies a swap deal :wonder:

My car....

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=48447041614

What u seem to be suffering from is scooby FEVER.. some say it only parts u once ure six foot under.. i like to believe it goes far beyond tht..

AlanPPP 14 January 2013 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by nobafett (Post 10945650)
Forgot to say, the vRS is way more comfortable, more spacious, vastly more economical, soother gearbox, etc etc and I just don't care about any of that!

Couldn't have out it better myself mate :)

Enjoy that Hawk STI :D

AlanPPP 14 January 2013 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555 (Post 10945670)
I've swung between Imprezas and Vag dervs for over a decade. I found Lotus Elises to be the middle ground! Lates 40's mpg on nul with road presence to die for.

I use mine for work as need the space otherwise something like that would be an option

AlanPPP 14 January 2013 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by BILLETBEANZ (Post 10945807)
What u seem to be suffering from is scooby FEVER.. some say it only parts u once ure six foot under.. i like to believe it goes far beyond tht..

I'm actually looking at a Subaru flag on EBay for my garage ceiling lol

Tony Harrington 14 January 2013 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jelly (Post 10945349)

+1 BIG TIME!!!

Ste RB5138 14 January 2013 11:26 PM

But why do keep selling the Subaru's? Do you get bored of cars easily or just waiting for that perfect car to come up for sale.

Which number RB5 did you have?

AlanPPP 15 January 2013 08:18 AM

It was number 380 Ste...was a mistake buying it as it wasn't in a good enough for me and I couldn't afford the time to make it perfect. Plus the rust was kicking in :(

My first one at 21 was an L reg WRX in black, sold to get a newer car.
Then a black N reg WRX running 320bhp, ESL , FMIC etc. Absolute flying machine and sold it due to redundancy.
Then an M reg WRX which was standard. Sold to get a newer car as a mate wanted to buy it.
Then a W reg Sonic Blue UK parrallel (one in pic above) nice plate and some nice mods. Sold due to redundancy and impending child.
Then the V reg RB5 I sold recently.

I think I'm due a newage that's less likely to rust and is a bit 'Newer'

My perfect scoob would either be a WR1 or a Black Blob STI on black rims, proper sleek jobbie.