ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Sold and lost ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/960701-sold-and-lost.html)

SLAB 01 January 2013 05:59 PM

Sold and lost ?

SORTED

addi monster 01 January 2013 06:07 PM

Tell him to do one :thumb:

I know you and would say with 100% confidance that you would never rip anyone off :thumb:

PaulC72 01 January 2013 06:26 PM

To be fair you didn't send it recorded so opened yourself up for this chancer, you should replace as that is what you are obliged to do without proof, I know it doesn't make it feel any better but you have answered yourself with the fact everything else received went recorded.

Lesson learnt maybe.

scubbay 01 January 2013 06:32 PM

You are assuming that he is a chancer. As if nothing was ever lost in the post!! As the seller you are responsible that the item is delivered. You chose to save 75p by not recording delivery. I'm afraid it's your loss. If you used Royal Mail it's 21 days before considered lost so you should be able to claim.

SLAB 02 January 2013 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by PaulC72 (Post 10926904)
To be fair you didn't send it recorded so opened yourself up for this chancer, you should replace as that is what you are obliged to do without proof, I know it doesn't make it feel any better but you have answered yourself with the fact everything else received went recorded.

Lesson learnt maybe.

Thought I was doing us both a favor him getting it for next to nothing and save on the postage but **** happens have offered a refund

SLAB 02 January 2013 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by scubbay (Post 10926915)
You are assuming that he is a chancer. As if nothing was ever lost in the post!! As the seller you are responsible that the item is delivered. You chose to save 75p by not recording delivery. I'm afraid it's your loss. If you used Royal Mail it's 21 days before considered lost so you should be able to claim.

SORTED

SLAB 02 January 2013 12:37 AM

SORTED

SLAB 02 January 2013 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by PaulC72 (Post 10926904)

Lesson learnt maybe.

Yes m8 recorded only

SLAB 02 January 2013 01:43 AM

Chap seems genuine so refund has been offered

RobsyUK 02 January 2013 08:43 AM

Slab rather then editing all post to SORTED I thi you should have left them all there but at the start of the thread put a sorted comment.

As it could make you look bad.

CharlySkunkWeed 02 January 2013 09:24 AM

I can read between the lines

He sold something and posted it not recorded , the buyer is saying he didnt get it. Whos telling the truth. ? Well never know , but a refund is given either way

The end :)

CharlySkunkWeed 02 January 2013 09:29 AM

After i got burned with this trick (or Royal are useless) i changed my postage info to say i post 2nd class and wont be responsible for loss and if they want it recorded they have to give me a day to find how much xtra they owe me before i will post.
I doubt this covers me in any way , but it makes me feel better :)

fivetide 02 January 2013 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 10927652)
Slab rather then editing all post to SORTED I thi you should have left them all there but at the start of the thread put a sorted comment.

As it could make you look bad.

You should also leave them because it is helpful to others in the same situation.

dpb 02 January 2013 10:48 AM

Bloody he'll I missed every thing :cry:

I just assumed this was another memorable one liner :cry:

RobsyUK 02 January 2013 03:16 PM

Good to hear it's resolved. 3days of man flu and I miss everything.

SLAB 02 January 2013 04:59 PM

Nothing to miss chaps lolol just a miss understanding on my behalf I hold my hands up yes slab made a mistake lol

CharlySkunkWeed 02 January 2013 05:03 PM

did i guess right ?

either way you should still say what happened , only coz its annoying me !

chocolate_o_brian 02 January 2013 08:32 PM

Tom, you're one of the good guys on here, sure it was a genuine error :)