ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   coffee makers! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/960060-coffee-makers.html)

steve nic 26 December 2012 04:35 PM

coffee makers!

can anyone recommend a good coffee maker at a good price?or what is best to go for?

dpb 26 December 2012 05:33 PM

Bialetti moka expresso, you wont find better value

Dr.No 26 December 2012 07:52 PM

Budget and what sort of coffee do you normally drink (ie if you walked into Costa what would you ask for?)

DN

steve nic 26 December 2012 07:57 PM

Just the normal mocha,latte etc,just getting board of the run of the mill shelf stuff!

mrmadcap 26 December 2012 08:25 PM

Starbucks are ok but the best by a mile is Caffe Nero.

dpb 26 December 2012 08:42 PM

And they pay their taxes

ScoobySteve69 26 December 2012 10:27 PM

Tassamo.

Chip 27 December 2012 10:45 AM

Tassimo :thumb:

Aaron1978 27 December 2012 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 10919798)
Tassimo :thumb:

This.

I got one for christmas and its quick and easy to use and the latte's taste as good as any.

:thumb:

corradoboy 27 December 2012 06:18 PM

People who've had various usually settle on Nespresso machines. My mate's wife had Tassimo and found the coffees bland, had a 'bean-to-cup' but found the cleaning regime laborious (and they are known to be unreliable, and expensive), but since getting a Nespresso as a gift has never looked back. We bought ours on her advice.

There's often deals so look on HotUKDeals. When we got ours it was £99.95 for the machine with the Aeroccino (milk heater and frother for latte/cappuccino), but qualified for the current promo offer of £40 of John Lewis vouchers, making it £59.95. They always ship with one of each of the 16 coffees for you to try, and you can return the machine thereafter if you don't like it. Register on Nespresso.com for a free 3yr warranty on the machines, and to order the capsules at the best price. Orders usually arrive the next day without paying extra for it, and delivery is free if you order £60+ at a time (200 capsules).

£90 inc Aeroccino AND £40 of Nespresso credit

There's also fully automated machines called Lattissima.

AndyC_772 27 December 2012 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by steve nic (Post 10919162)
or what is best to go for?

The best? You couldn't go far wrong with a machine from Izzo, ECM, Rocket or Expobar, and a few hours' training on how to use it properly. The quality of coffee you can make yourself is much higher than you'll buy in most coffee shops - though the equipment isn't cheap, of course.

Take a look: http://www.bellabarista.co.uk/espres...-machines.html

RB5 Boyo 28 December 2012 11:34 AM

Another vote for the Tassimo.....got one for Christmas there and haven't stopped using it, so simple as has a one button operation and uses a barcode system to read the different drink discs so they come out perfect. Also has a simple cleaning/de scaling function also so I can't fault it!!

Just had a Costa capicinno there now, perfect and frothy just the way I like it :)

Was searching for Tassimo drink tablets online and found Tesco to be the cheapest around!

Aaron1978 28 December 2012 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by RB5 Boyo (Post 10921013)
Another vote for the Tassimo.....got one for Christmas there and haven't stopped using it, so simple as has a one button operation and uses a barcode system to read the different drink discs so they come out perfect. Also has a simple cleaning/de scaling function also so I can't fault it!!

Just had a Costa capicinno there now, perfect and frothy just the way I like it :)

Was searching for Tassimo drink tablets online and found Tesco to be the cheapest around!

Have you registered on the Tassimo website yet? You get £20 off orders over £25 if you register it with the serial number on the bottom. I just got £32 of drinks for £12:thumb:

BlkKnight 28 December 2012 01:34 PM

delonghi magnifica

RB5 Boyo 29 December 2012 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 10921103)
Have you registered on the Tassimo website yet? You get £20 off orders over £25 if you register it with the serial number on the bottom. I just got £32 of drinks for £12:thumb:

No....but i will do tomorrow cheers matey :thumb:

97TURBO 29 December 2012 09:49 PM

The tassimo, is it a proper mug of coffee you get? You know, not a poor half measure like many machines.

P1Fanatic 30 December 2012 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by 97TURBO (Post 10923002)
The tassimo, is it a proper mug of coffee you get? You know, not a poor half measure like many machines.

Most capsule machines measure out espresso shots (40ml) or double/long shots (80/100ish ml). You sound more like you want the old school drip/filter machine.

P1Fanatic 30 December 2012 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 10920237)
People who've had various usually settle on Nespresso machines. My mate's wife had Tassimo and found the coffees bland, had a 'bean-to-cup' but found the cleaning regime laborious (and they are known to be unreliable, and expensive), but since getting a Nespresso as a gift has never looked back. We bought ours on her advice.

There's often deals so look on HotUKDeals. When we got ours it was £99.95 for the machine with the Aeroccino (milk heater and frother for latte/cappuccino), but qualified for the current promo offer of £40 of John Lewis vouchers, making it £59.95. They always ship with one of each of the 16 coffees for you to try, and you can return the machine thereafter if you don't like it. Register on Nespresso.com for a free 3yr warranty on the machines, and to order the capsules at the best price. Orders usually arrive the next day without paying extra for it, and delivery is free if you order £60+ at a time (200 capsules).

£90 inc Aeroccino AND £40 of Nespresso credit

There's also fully automated machines called Lattissima.

Agreed. The only people who seem to choose a tassimo over a nespresso are those that find it hard ordering capsules online. If you want silly flavours like "creme brulee" and "tiramisu" rather than a decent espresso then go for Tassimo :)

ScoobySteve69 30 December 2012 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 10921103)

That's good to know. I've only ordered one cos I was offered one through work for £25. Should get it soon :D

Aaron1978 30 December 2012 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 10923444)
Agreed. The only people who seem to choose a tassimo over a nespresso are those that find it hard ordering capsules online. If you want silly flavours like "creme brulee" and "tiramisu" rather than a decent espresso then go for Tassimo :)

Does a nespresso make lattes and cappuccino?

P1Fanatic 30 December 2012 12:18 PM

Not at the press of a button no. It makes espresso in different intensities and flavours and most versions let you alter the amount of coffee (and therefore the strength per capsule). You use an aerocinno or other frother to do your milk. Anything cappucino or latte like that comes out of a capsule is not a decent one in my experience.

Littleted 30 December 2012 12:47 PM

Dolce gusto for me, use it at church also sell over 60 each Friday, so punters can't be wrong. Can't comment on tassimo etc. I just love the gusts latte and capuchino, nice and smooth and slightly sweet.

To be honest you can get a dolce now for 50 quid, try it if not buy another.

For proper coffee the delongho magnifico but your talking 700 to 1000 for that baby

r32 30 December 2012 08:17 PM

Nespresso for me.....

Dr.No 30 December 2012 08:26 PM

OP - You've still not answered the most important question - what's your max budget?

You can spend £50 - £50,000 on coffee equipment to make filter coffee, espresso, etc.... and possibly more if you wanted to... so what's your max spend?

Trippie 30 December 2012 08:28 PM

Tassimo here, costa coffee what more could you want from a coffee maker.:thumb:

Moley 30 December 2012 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Littleted (Post 10923545)
Dolce gusto for me, use it at church also sell over 60 each Friday, so punters can't be wrong. Can't comment on tassimo etc. I just love the gusts latte and capuchino, nice and smooth and slightly sweet.

To be honest you can get a dolce now for 50 quid, try it if not buy another.

For proper coffee the delongho magnifico but your talking 700 to 1000 for that baby

Just got one of these aswell, and one for my parents.
Good little machine, drinks are very nice. No complaints from me.

corradoboy 31 December 2012 09:50 AM

Nespresso Latissima machines automatically make latte, cappuccino, mocha etc. The normal machines do near perfect espresso's for you to create whatever drink you want, using the additional Aeroccino milk heater/frother.

Latissima....
https://www.wired.com/images/product...atissima_f.jpg

P1Fanatic 31 December 2012 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 10924940)
Nespresso Latissima machines automatically make latte, cappuccino, mocha etc. The normal machines do near perfect espresso's for you to create whatever drink you want, using the additional Aeroccino milk heater/frother.

Latissima....
https://www.wired.com/images/product...atissima_f.jpg

I stand corrected then. Never realised that although never seen the need myself. I like a small footprint in my small kitchen :)