ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   No more impreza/WRX STI (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/959059-no-more-impreza-wrx-sti.html)

topshot 14 December 2012 03:20 PM

No more impreza/WRX STI

Just read this

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/subaru/...and-impreza-uk

:( Guess their focus will be the BRZ

Tidgy 14 December 2012 03:22 PM

shame but no surprise, subaru have lost there wya with what there market is in the UK.

but on the flip side Litcho's will be rubbing there hands together lol

Hawkeye D 14 December 2012 03:26 PM

That's probably what that emergency meeting was about the other week?

Never underestimate the power of the Japanese, Impreza will return.

Tidgy 14 December 2012 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D (Post 10905764)
That's probably what that emergency meeting was about the other week?

Never underestimate the power of the Japanese, Impreza will return.

yeah sounds more like a reason to call one, i said in the other thread sounded very suspicious just being about extended warrenties.

topshot 14 December 2012 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 10905761)
shame but no surprise, subaru have lost there wya with what there market is in the UK.

but on the flip side Litcho's will be rubbing there hands together lol

Yes seems that way. I still think the Hatch sent a lot of customers elsewhere.
If they had released the new saloon instead of the hatch i think sales would have been a lot better. The issues with the 2.5 have not helped either i should imagine.

Dan- 14 December 2012 03:45 PM

Thats abit of a shame, but as mentioned it will return im sure!

Dan- 14 December 2012 03:47 PM

Im sure there the demand for them, but the amount of tax on fuel now a days not alot of people can afford to run 1 and keep a family!

JDM_333 14 December 2012 03:52 PM

As soon as Mitsubishi sees the market here for the taking and brings back the E**, Subaru will come running back!

Hawkeye D 14 December 2012 04:00 PM

These two titans will always be competing. Must admit, I didn't realise Mitsubishi had stopped the E**?

See no E** hear no E**!

topshot 14 December 2012 04:03 PM

Evo stopped last year sometime i think.

I can't see it, in EU at least. People want cheap to run Nissan jukes etc

A forced induction BRZ would be nice though to make up for it.

Oldun 14 December 2012 04:06 PM

No more Impreza, no more E** what a shame.

BMW will be rubbing their hands together in anticipation.

Dan- 14 December 2012 04:07 PM

i to had no idea the Evo X was the last incarnation!!! thats sh**e!

bustaMOVEs 14 December 2012 04:22 PM

There not in demand anymore because they have scrapped the 2.0 version and replaced with the chocolate 2.5 and won't admit to the design fault, people have caught on to this and the warranty of the issue.
And they wonder why the demand has gone down, bring the jdm 2.0 engines to a uk model and see the demand rise.

topshot 14 December 2012 04:23 PM

Yes Mitsubishi stopped all production/devlopment of the Evo.

Although the Impreza/ WRX STI wont be for sale here i guess it will continue in japan/USA

stuwoac 14 December 2012 04:51 PM

I feel subaru uk has missed the point of selling why havent they brought the R2, pleo to the market over here to prop-up sales while waiting for money to return for the top models why make the imp bigger than the legacy this time anyways

I think as a nation we dont really like american style cars and the new imp has been americanarised ( new word alert lol) shame properly lost its way

will the brz do well I dont know

you have

Toyota
lexus
Subaru

selling the exact same car dont know if putting your efforts in the brz is a great idea

just my view

I believe alot of you would get your partners a small subaru if they sold them over here

f1_fan 14 December 2012 05:00 PM

No surprise and a good thing really. Better to kill it off than let it limp on like a wounded animal. Despite a few (very few) enthusiasts buying the latest cars the overall reception in the UK has been extremely poor for the revamped Impreza from 2007 onwards.

Too expensive, increased competition, reliability issues, removal of the saloon from the range for a while and not a design that could ever be described as remotely aesthetically pleasing. It was never going to work here!

matt-c 14 December 2012 05:10 PM

Hmm, maybe some super cheap cars knocking about?

rossyboy 14 December 2012 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10905865)
No surprise and a good thing really. Better to kill it off than let it limp on like a wounded animal

It's been doing that for several years now, no?

f1_fan 14 December 2012 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by rossyboy (Post 10905897)
It's been doing that for several years now, no?

Yes since 2007, the patient was not getting any better ;)

Wonder what it will do to residuals of the newer cars not that they're that great anyway!

wrx271 14 December 2012 06:17 PM

Could be a boost in used cars now though if there not bringing them in then the ones that are here if looked after specially the v8 sti might start appreciating in value having one of the better engines and all that.
The brz sti will be a toot I'm sure but for all that it's worth I'd probably still choose a gtr over one atleast you wouldn't get nice Lexus mate....

stevep360 14 December 2012 06:23 PM

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=26839

SirFozzalot 14 December 2012 06:33 PM

Bad news, but not totally surprised. :(

GREGGYG 30 December 2012 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 10905813)
There not in demand anymore because they have scrapped the 2.0 version and replaced with the chocolate 2.5 and won't admit to the design fault, people have caught on to this and the warranty of the issue.
And they wonder why the demand has gone down, bring the jdm 2.0 engines to a uk model and see the demand rise.

Well said, totally agree.