ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Boys Names (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/959012-boys-names.html)

The Dogs B******s 13 December 2012 11:11 PM

Boys Names

The wife is pregnant, we found out on Tuesday that we are having a boy. We are really struggling with boys names. Come on you lot, help us out.

Ant 13 December 2012 11:15 PM

congrats :thumb: not a poofta after all :D

as for names sorry cant help

Karl Barrow 13 December 2012 11:17 PM

congrats dude

steer clear of celebs names and countries!!!!! and anything directly associated wioth the devil

jimmy is a safe bet ;) oh wait maybe not

bustaMOVEs 13 December 2012 11:23 PM

Ffs don't remind me of baby names lol, the wife is due end of jan and we are having a surprise so got boys and girls names to think about.
So far for a boy we've agreed on nihle,(but you can't have it)
And as for girl we can't agree yet lol.
Gongrats to you and the misuss too.

zip106 13 December 2012 11:31 PM

Sue.

LVC 13 December 2012 11:32 PM

Excellent news - well happy for you.

We had a baby boy 2 months ago and having been through the same process it's not easy - add to the fact that I'm in France and his mum is French it all got a bit a complicated.

Some pointers which may help:

Remember the initials - see what they spell or could be associated with - to avoid the bad ones.

Remember that names often get shortened so make sure you like the shortened version if there is one.

We went for Lyam in the end as it has both English and French links as well as Irish, Scottish and numerous others and at the moment it's only been linked to Mr. Neeson.

Good luck

zip106 13 December 2012 11:34 PM

davegtt 13 December 2012 11:44 PM

Every woman I dated looked at me strangely when I said if I had a boy I like the name "Jody" or a girl "George" Obviously Georgina though

Fantom 13 December 2012 11:46 PM

My wife gave birth to our first on 7th Nov. We had trouble with boys names but went for Matthew Alexander which were really happy with

Congratulations :)

Karl Barrow 13 December 2012 11:47 PM

why not google something to do with meanings or the like? you might something close toy our hearts

ronjeramy 13 December 2012 11:49 PM

Congrats fella, we're in the same boat, we've got our 20 week scan on Monday, still not decided if we want to know the sex. :)

jazzyjembreaze 14 December 2012 12:11 AM

Hat of 2 u sir

Don't laugh " BOD " pure class

bigredrob 14 December 2012 12:53 AM

We looked at grandparents names,.. ie ,.. family names, came up with alun,and lewis, both grandads, ie A and L, called the nipper Callum Alun lewis........ie cal for short, our choice, but involving family, etc...also checked out number plates first!!!!!.. see what was cheap ...lol:thumb:

IWatkins 14 December 2012 01:43 AM

Congrats!! :)

Wait until he is born and have spent a few days with him. A name will come naturally then based on character. No, really, you'll get it.

Glynmitch 14 December 2012 06:15 AM

We've had three boys and we both liked the idea of having last names as first names. Also they had to be names that couldn't be shortened into nicknames. We decided on Barclay, Evan and Clark for our kids.

Dingdongler 14 December 2012 06:31 AM

How about Mohammed?

cster 14 December 2012 06:34 AM

By the beard of the prophet - that is an excellent suggestion!

Infected by sti 14 December 2012 07:35 AM

Rylan ;)

Oldun 14 December 2012 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Infected by sti (Post 10905189)
Rylan ;)

LOL, I wonder just how popular that name will become?

I sired 5 children and called each one after favourite relatives, naming the fifth one was more difficult so he was named after me.

He's 18 on New Year's eve, he's used to being named Oldun now.

Infected by sti 14 December 2012 07:54 AM

If that name takes off it will be for all the wrong reasons :lol1:

Here's a few I'd consider when the time comes ;)
Zak
Josh
Cole
Logan
Ollie
Fabian

Ant 14 December 2012 08:08 AM

It's very hard, we were certain on a name right up till the last minute and changed our minds about a week before.

RobsyUK 14 December 2012 08:09 AM

As your not local I can tell you mine. Use Tyler.

Or Aaron. It's the first name in the baby book. Job done.

Maz 14 December 2012 08:25 AM

Marmaduke or Tarquin.

Tidgy 14 December 2012 08:30 AM

congrats dude.

how about where the baby was created ;) ;) lol

Oldun 14 December 2012 08:32 AM

Womb is a strange name for a baby.

fitzscoob 14 December 2012 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 10905094)
Every woman I dated looked at me strangely when I said if I had a boy I like the name "Jody" or a girl "George" Obviously Georgina though

Dave, its probably not the best thing to bring up on a first date.

Tidgy 14 December 2012 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Oldun (Post 10905231)
Womb is a strange name for a baby.

:lol1::lol1::lol1: not quite what i ment lol

SJ_Skyline 14 December 2012 09:23 AM

Adolf?

Frosticles 14 December 2012 09:34 AM

A good old traditional name. We named our boy James. Sod all those pretentious chav like names. :razz:

LEO-RS 14 December 2012 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by IWatkins (Post 10905147)
Congrats!! :)

Wait until he is born and have spent a few days with him. A name will come naturally then based on character. No, really, you'll get it.

I think that's a really silly idea personally. A name based on character, what like Noddy?

Originally Posted by Infected by sti (Post 10905196)

Here's a few I'd consider when the time comes ;)
Zak
Josh
Cole
Logan
Ollie
Fabian

All quite normal names until you come to Fabian, WTF, why not Mario or Luigi?

Originally Posted by LVC (Post 10905082)

We went for Lyam in the end

Is that the same as Liam or are you running around shouting lye-am?

Personally for me, no chav or celebrity names, no silly spelling, if it's Liam, it's Liam, not Leeam or Lyam or Leigham, it's Liam. As for surnames as first names, some are okay, but the majority are not and just sound ridiculous, Barclay for a kids first name? Seriously?

There are some real fuc*ed up kids names these days with a variety of 'chavvy' spelling to make them stand out from the crowd. Stick with normal traditional, all these chav names are in and out of 'fashion', traditional never fails. Paul, Peter, John, Jack, Michael, Mark, Lewis etc etc

Only this morning, logged onto Facebook, picture popped up with a ''Everybody say happy 2nd birthday to my babies Blaze and Kdynce'' Poor bloody kids having fu*ked up names because their mother is a bit of a chav and thinks they are a fashion statement. Silly names like this are just going to be a lifelong struggle, perhaps even being refused for jobs because of it. I'd have to think twice about employing a Kdynce, sounds like trouble to me.

Traditional all the way:thumb: