ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   2005 wrx-sl (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/958876-2005-wrx-sl.html)

LMC 12 December 2012 01:03 PM

2005 wrx-sl

Bit of a longshot an old guy in work bought a new wrx sl in 2005 and sold it on he thinks in 2008.
Apparently there was only 4 that came over and hes looking for it to possibly buy it back as he regrets selling it, any info on this model or the cars whereabouts would be great.
Car was black with gold wheels cant be many of these knocking around, was equipped with heated leather seats among other things. It had 30 odd k on it when he sold it?

**jay** 12 December 2012 01:28 PM

The sl model was a uk with a sunroof and leather seats, my mate has one, dont think they are very rare so he should be able to find another easily enough.

LMC 12 December 2012 01:42 PM

Thats the thing he wants to find that one and he seems to think there quite rare, what year is your mates?

The Trooper 1815 12 December 2012 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by LMC (Post 10903157)
Thats the thing he wants to find that one and he seems to think there quite rare, what year is your mates?

They are not as rare as say an RB320 or WR1. They where produced from Blobeye to the last run of Hawkeyes. He'll get similar but probably not the same one back.

Any idea of the registration number? Drop me a PM.

Myles 12 December 2012 02:21 PM

Did he leave a handgun behind the glove box? He seems keen about getting that exact one back!!

LMC 12 December 2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10903195)
Did he leave a handgun behind the glove box? He seems keen about getting that exact one back!!

Lol think its more to do with he bought that one brand new and cherished it but its probably been thrashed the last four years but he only wants the one he had, not sure on the reg hes gonna look to see if he can find it / remember it..

Hawkeye D 13 December 2012 07:57 AM

Nobody ever really mentions how rare the Spec D's are.
They only made 300, and about 6 months ago there were only 211 on the roads left.

Not everyone's cup of tea the Spec D, but I love mine.

Norman Dog 13 December 2012 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D (Post 10904016)
Nobody ever really mentions how rare the Spec D's are.
They only made 300, and about 6 months ago there were only 211 on the roads left.

Not everyone's cup of tea the Spec D, but I love mine.

Like em too, it's the stealth factor..:norty:

Hawkeye D 13 December 2012 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Norman Dog (Post 10904681)
Like em too, it's the stealth factor..:norty:

Yep, and the WRX appearance often packs a nasty surprise to people.

It's true though isn't it, nobody really mentions them on here very much.
Bit on an unsung hero really. Mine isn't PPP though....like someones! lol

bustaMOVEs 13 December 2012 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10903195)

:lol:

They are not as rare as you think, I have a 55 plate wagon and when I bought it I looked at a few hawkeyes too but decided to go for blob for cheaper tax band.
Look around they are quiet acsesable if you're patient for the right one, I waited about 2 months for a mint one un modified.:thumb: