ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Gay Marraiges ..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/958805-gay-marraiges.html)

pslewis 11 December 2012 06:08 PM

Gay Marraiges .....

..... do you have a desire to marry your gay partner in a place of worship?

A simple YES or NO will do ............

Chip 11 December 2012 06:44 PM

I haven't got a gay partner, have you???? ;)

Chip 11 December 2012 06:44 PM

If I did though, NO. :)

David Lock 11 December 2012 07:07 PM

Marraiges?

Is that what the gay ones are called?

:rolleyes: dl

SiPie 11 December 2012 07:14 PM

IF I was gay and IF I was religious, then why the hell not

addi monster 11 December 2012 07:18 PM

Dont get me started on this topic.

I think you all know what my comment would be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dale17 11 December 2012 07:20 PM

They shouldn't be able to get married in a church , they obviously aren't a true Christian if they're gay , a church is a place of god and would be frowned upon by the man himself lol

mrmadcap 11 December 2012 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dale17 (Post 10902312)
They shouldn't be able to get married in a church , they obviously aren't a true Christian if they're gay , a church is a place of god and would be frowned upon by the man himself lol

What if the man himself looks like Liberace?

Dirk Diggler 75 11 December 2012 08:23 PM

The good book states thou shalt not .....

Dingdongler 11 December 2012 08:45 PM

Personally I think gay people should get married, I don't see why only us straight people should suffer....

Seriously though I don't see why gay people want to thrust themselves upon any 'church'.

None of the major religions actually accept them, none of the major religious scripts mention them in a positive light.

If you are gay and happy that is fine, and take satisfaction in the fact that the law rightly recognises civil partnerships. However the world's major religions don't seem to have a place for gays, so why are gays so obsessed with forcing themselves upon them?

Major religions on the whole are backward and oppressive, why don't gays have the sense to shun them?

SJ_Skyline 11 December 2012 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by addi monster (Post 10902301)

I'm sorry you had to settle for somewhere other than a place of worship for your civil partnership. I guess the law may change one day so you can have your same sex wedding in a place of worship. :)

addi monster 11 December 2012 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 10902546)
I'm sorry you had to settle for somewhere other than a place of worship for your civil partnership. I guess the law may change one day so you can have your same sex wedding in a place of worship. :)

Lol, My wife is female (im a man) ;)

As for your wedding "well" Humans and animals is streching the limits a tad :thumb:

RobsyUK 11 December 2012 09:16 PM

I dont push pooop but personally i cant see why not? my only question would be for the children that they foster/adopt. When the teachers ask openly infromt of all the other kids " so your daddy & daddy" etc.

I'm all for anyone marrying anyone.

RobsyUK 11 December 2012 09:17 PM

Religon doesn't have room for gays... But it will happily rape kids !!! How many popes have bummed boys? Weird book that bible

magepaster 11 December 2012 09:24 PM

Religion frowns on a lot of things. Premarital sex for example. How many here haven't done that?

pslewis 11 December 2012 09:28 PM

I wonder why the Gays don't start their own Church?

That's what happened in the past, breakaway religions ...... they could call themselves "The Church of the Strapon and Bender" or something?

Mouser 11 December 2012 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 10902210)
..... do you have a desire to marry your gay partner in a place of worship?

A simple YES or NO will do ............

That reads like a proposal. :)

urban 12 December 2012 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 10902600)
I wonder why the Gays don't start their own Church?

That's what happened in the past, breakaway religions ...... they could call themselves "The Church of the Strapon and Bender" or something?

Good idea, they have their church, everyone else can carry on as normal.

Good name too :)

urban 12 December 2012 08:56 AM

Anyway, how come this is all headline news again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20680924

f1_fan 12 December 2012 09:01 AM

Don't see why gay people shouldn't be able to marry in a church or other place of worksip .... well other than nearly all religion being so backward as to treat same sex relationships as not normal of course!

The Trooper 1815 12 December 2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10902907)
Don't see why gay people shouldn't be able to marry in a church or other place of worksip .... well other than nearly all religion being so backward as to treat same sex relationships as not normal of course!

But I thought being gay was getting it "backward"?

markb_s1 12 December 2012 12:15 PM

I don't see why gay people would want to marry in a church personally, but don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to by law.
as far as homosexuality being forbidden in the bible, i believe that was all in the old testament, which is actually nothign to do with christianity per se - as to worship christ (as per the work christianity) he would have to exist - i.e. the start of the new testament. technicall the old testament was all jewish.

islam - different matter as it is specifically stated that men mustn't get it on i believe.

not sure abotu any other religions, but i'm sure someone will be able ot inform us.

TelBoy 12 December 2012 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by addi monster (Post 10902301)

"Irrational" probably covers it.

Martin2005 12 December 2012 01:02 PM

Being gay and a christian are not incompatible.

Therefore if a gay christian couple want to get married in church, they should damned well be allowed to.

J4CKO 12 December 2012 01:07 PM

Religion just proves time and again it is behind the times by several thousand years, I get it that some people don't "get" the whole same sex thing, I think it is basically people who can only see things from their point of view. Nobody is asking anyone else to be gay, nobody has insisted on compulsory sex with another member of the same sex and really what other people do in the privacy of their own homes shouldn't be anyone elses business. I just think from the point of view of if fancied blokes instead of women then it would be similar for a gay man to be with a woman as for me to be with another man.

There are what, seven billion people in the world and rising, it isn't like we are going to die out due to a percentage of us partnering up with someone of the same sex, in a perfect world then perhaps everyone would be happy and heterosexual but the world is far from perfect, and in the scheme of things, with war, famine, terrorism and X Factor, the odd cock/bum interface isnt going to make a lot of difference. I dont know why people will stand outside a church waving a placard about god not liking gays, surely they protest too much, why waste a day off expressing the assumed opinion of a diety/entity that may or may not exist.

As Ding and others has said, why do gays want to be in church, I suppose that as a group there will be less religious gays as I suspect being shunned and hated doesn't encourage participation but they are a big group and some will still want to participate , I have a gay mate, camp as they come (and then some) and he and his partner go to church every weekend.

the church dont want female staff, they dont want gays, they are a bit fussy int his day and age of equality and inclusion, no wonder church attendance is down according to the census, only the Muslims manage to keep the side up and a lot of that is down to i being so ingrained and not optional, perhaps one day we will look back on religion like the Steam Engine or Dinosaurs.

P1Fanatic 12 December 2012 01:16 PM

I have no issue with them getting married as why should their non religous ceremony result in a different title to a hetro couple ie partnership vs married?

For the religious side that’s up to the churches etc to decide and I cant see any that would.

P1Fanatic 12 December 2012 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 10902580)
I dont push pooop but personally i cant see why not? my only question would be for the children that they foster/adopt. When the teachers ask openly infromt of all the other kids " so your daddy & daddy" etc.

I'm all for anyone marrying anyone.

The raising a child one I find a little tricker. Tough for the kid no doubt but in reality is it any worse than getting your dad is fat / short / disabled / black etc? I can imagine there are quite a few gay couples that would give a child a better life and upbringing than some chav lowlife who breed solely to get benefits.

Camsedin 12 December 2012 01:20 PM

Religion is a joke anyway. all bs made up by man to try justifie the things they do or others do.
science has shown it to be lies yet people still believe in it lol

as for gay people getting married in a church.. why not? its just a building.

urban 12 December 2012 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by mrmadcap (Post 10902422)
What if the man himself looks like Liberace?

Which one.

urban 12 December 2012 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 10903134)
The raising a child one I find a little tricker. Tough for the kid no doubt but in reality is it any worse than getting your dad is fat / short / disabled / black etc?

I can imagine it would be much worse in reality.
Children can be very cruel, especially females.