ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Utility, porch, downstairs loo smelling of vomit.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/958653-utility-porch-downstairs-loo-smelling-of-vomit.html)

alcazar 09 December 2012 07:09 PM

Utility, porch, downstairs loo smelling of vomit....

Spent TWO days with the areas above smelling more and more like spoiled milk, or vomit. Had to keep the kitchen to porch door closed.

I've cleaned out and under, plus used bleach under, both fridge and freezer.
I've had the washer out, cleaned behind it and the stand-pipe.
I've done the same for the tumbledrier.
I've washed floors, cleaned the toilet, and under/behind the cupboards.
Ive had the covers off the central heating pipes to check for dead rodents.
I've cleaned out the boiler-house for ditto.

I was just about to venture into the loft above, when.....hint, the utilty doesn't get much use except for storage and laundry.

Anyone care to guess where the smell was coming from?

boxst 09 December 2012 07:36 PM

Your underwear in the laundry basket?

RobsyUK 09 December 2012 07:40 PM

could the smell be you?

does the above areas get much circulation of fresh air?

Myles 09 December 2012 07:41 PM

I reckon that, like me, you have a sewer mahole cover somewhere in your garden, and like me, you opened it and found it was blocked to the top with human excrement and bog roll.

Dingdongler 09 December 2012 08:19 PM

Is it your kn8b cheese?:Suspiciou:Suspiciou

zip106 09 December 2012 09:06 PM

Bit of sick still stuck to a nostril hair?

Ellie* 09 December 2012 09:53 PM

Well I would instantly think someone has an eating disorder, but that's just me and I'm not normal!

ditchmyster 10 December 2012 07:42 AM

Smelly sock in the washing machine pump thingy bit on the front at the bottom.

Or sink in the utility thats not had any fresh water in the u bend for a while, that happens to my beday.

dpb 10 December 2012 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10900326)
I reckon that, like me, you have a sewer mahole cover somewhere in your garden, and like me, you opened it and found it was blocked to the top with human excrement and bog roll.

Had that in place we inherited , God knows how many years/ peoples worth poopoo :(

Tree roots probably

This time I think someone's left washing in machine too long after it's finished

Anyway don't keep us in suspenders/ bated breath ?

Lydia72 10 December 2012 10:29 AM

Last time you went out in your tranny costume it got a bit sweaty, you didn't want your wife to find it so shoved it behind the washer and then forgot all about it?

alcazar 10 December 2012 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 10900691)
Smelly sock in the washing machine pump thingy bit on the front at the bottom.

Or sink in the utility thats not had any fresh water in the u bend for a while, that happens to my beday.

Some great responses, but ditchmyster wins the alcazar prize for knowledge of the provenance of vomity smells.

It was the utilty sink, it's trap had dried out. The side in there is used as wine storage, and the wife had got paper towels stacked in and around the sink, plus the chip-fryer and the slow cooker on the side next to it, so no-one uses the sink.

My youngest had googled it and was convinced we had mould growing INSIDE the walls which was going to give everyone lung cancer almost overnight :rolleyes:

Leslie 10 December 2012 03:15 PM

Is there a secret honker in the house?

Les

ditchmyster 10 December 2012 04:44 PM

:king:

I have a septic tank, so you can imagine the smell i get.:shtf:

alcazar 10 December 2012 05:57 PM

Yes, I can.
We have a "fosse septique" a bio version of the septic tank, in France. When the traps there dry out, it smells sour.....

But NOT of sick, like this did.

ditchmyster 10 December 2012 06:13 PM

You sure one of your young uns wasn't the last to use that sink after a heavy night on the shandy.

alcazar 10 December 2012 06:37 PM

Nah....youngest rarely drinks, being out of work, and eldest is at uni, not been home in weeks.

boxst 10 December 2012 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ellie* (Post 10900522)
Well I would instantly think someone has an eating disorder, but that's just me and I'm not normal!

Avoid dairy and use lots of toilet paper -- no smell ;)

albob 11 December 2012 09:10 PM

"..youngest had googled it and was convinced we had mould growing INSIDE the walls which was..."

this was going to be my guess as well - great big Mushrooms set to take over the house.... !! (dry rot)

Ellie* 11 December 2012 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by boxst (Post 10901550)
Avoid dairy and use lots of toilet paper -- no smell ;)

Lol thanks for that!!
It's alright if it comes back out before its had time to get warm. Its when it's had time to get partly digested is when it gets unpleasant! Haha!
( I shouldn't laugh really but you have to or you'd cry!)

scoobyvirgin 12 December 2012 08:46 AM

You sure your mrs isn't suffering from morning sickness? ;)

alcazar 12 December 2012 04:53 PM

I don't think so, I think she is a little old for that ;)