ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Would you believe it (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/958552-would-you-believe-it.html)

stevebt 08 December 2012 07:17 PM

Would you believe it

I work for a large housing company and I'm currently plastering a block of flats and I have the last flat to do. I have not had a chance to start it due to patching other flats in the block.

Anyways I have been getting my water froma house right next door using the outside tap, no fecker told me they have handed the house over so I had 80gallons of water I still needed to get for my flat as the closest place apart from next door is 1/2 a mile away.

I decide since the people aren't in thier house as they have had no removal van and thier is no beds in the house I would go into work really early today and get that water I need for my flat.

I pull up at 7am and get the hose sorted as its pitch black I think I'm ok, would you believe it at 7.10am the people who have just bought the house turn up. I'm now getting a little pissed off as if they go in thier back yard they will see I'm stealing some water? Well he only has a car and I pressume he will be gone soon?

After 15 minutes and they are still in the house I have to climb over the fence and disconnect my hose creeping under the kitchen window as not to be seen. If they were bothered I'm sure the firm I worked for would sort the few gallons I managed to get but its more the hassle for me now to get water from miles away :D

I'm considering round two tomorrow as I need 40 more gallons to finish the plastering I need to do. I don't want to get caught but if I do my firm will have to pay them. Who thinks I should have another try :D

f1_fan 08 December 2012 07:23 PM

Forgive me for asking as I maybe missing something obvious, but why not knock on their door and ask them if you can have some water? What's the worst they can say?

stevebt 08 December 2012 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10899204)
Forgive me for asking as I maybe missing something obvious, but why not knock on their door and ask them if you can have some water? What's the worst they can say?

They aren't there when I get there and most people hate the housing company I work for so its doubtfull they will say yes. If someone had told me the house was sold I would of had the water filled the day before they moved in.

bustaMOVEs 08 December 2012 07:30 PM

The flat you're working on, haven't they got a water tap inside the house, I.e sink

nik52wrx 08 December 2012 07:31 PM

Presumably, if they're on a meter they'll tell him to feck off.

Nik

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10899204)

ditchmyster 08 December 2012 07:39 PM

+1

I know if i caught you stealing from me, i'd wrap the hose round your neck and stick your dolly up your bum.

Sideways.:D

stevebt 08 December 2012 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 10899224)
+1

I know if i caught you stealing from me, i'd wrap the hose round your neck and stick your dolly up your bum.

Sideways.:D

Luckily they would just get the cash from the firm I work for :D I'm just after an easy life.

stevebt 08 December 2012 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 10899215)
The flat you're working on, haven't they got a water tap inside the house, I.e sink

8 flats and none with water connected, closest water is half a mile away and then after I got the forks to bring it down I would have a 30m carry to get the water to where I want to be.

ditchmyster 08 December 2012 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 10899232)
Luckily they would just get the cash from the firm I work for :D I'm just after an easy life.

So why don't you just ask them.:wonder:

stevebt 08 December 2012 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 10899250)
So why don't you just ask them.:wonder:

I think they will tell me to fook off as everyone hates my firm. Its the biggest housing company in the country and everyone is in a bad mood with them :) Plus they have just got the keys and haven't moved in yet so no one to ask. Easier to get, the site agent reckons they are really nice people and if I said I filled up by accident they would be good.

Aaron1978 08 December 2012 08:22 PM

Persimmon Homes are by far the worst house builder I have the pleasure of dealing with.

:D

dpb 08 December 2012 08:27 PM

How much better would it be to work for yourself, ?

I've just about only ever done so but it's probably not as well paid

stevebt 08 December 2012 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 10899311)
How much better would it be to work for yourself, ?

I've just about only ever done so but it's probably not as well paid

I do work for myself as I subcontract, hence why I want the easy life for the water, If they were paying my to do feck all I wouldn't care where i got it from :)

stevebt 08 December 2012 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 10899299)
Persimmon Homes are by far the worst house builder I have the pleasure of dealing with.

:D

I did say everyone is in a bad mood with them :D

sonic93 08 December 2012 08:33 PM

Fairview homes are the worst trust me . I would just ask to take some water they prob not even paying for the water for few weeks anyway.