ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   2 years this week and still loving it (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/955264-2-years-this-week-and-still-loving-it.html)

thunder8 06 November 2012 07:21 PM

2 years this week and still loving it

:thumb:had my classic for 2 years and still loving it,

spent over 3k and hardly shows as still got some rust and stone chips.

took it out today just up shops and back and bloody love it still ...:thumb:

no selling up for me :) unless i get hawkeye sti anyway

AWG 06 November 2012 09:33 PM

3k, that's love!

MattyB1983 06 November 2012 09:54 PM

It's a nice car Carl, you need to pop over soon for a brew and a chat.

Tony Harrington 06 November 2012 11:35 PM

That's my boy! Well done mate you deserve a pat on the back

JensonsScooby 23 June 2013 12:12 AM

From what I've been reading lately you NEED to STAY AWAY from those hawk eyes unless you don't mind forking out to get the head gasket replaced and forged.

Stay with the robust proven engine!

albob 23 June 2013 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by thunder8 (Post 10858972)
:thumb:had my classic for 2 years and still loving it,

spent over 3k and hardly shows as still got some rust and stone chips.

took it out today just up shops and back and bloody love it still ...:thumb:

no selling up for me :) unless i get hawkeye sti anyway

TWO Years -- that's nothing ... I've had mine.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................................

so long I've forgotten

............but it might be 13 !!!!!!!!!

scoobyboy1 23 June 2013 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by JensonsScooby (Post 11129121)
From what I've been reading lately you NEED to STAY AWAY from those hawk eyes unless you don't mind forking out to get the head gasket replaced and forged.

Stay with the robust proven engine!

Whats the point in doing a forged build if the headgasket goes??? My brothers old classic headgasket went at 70k miles and all we did was fix the problem and put it back on the road(didnt have the need to forge the bottom end). Cant see why people need to throw £1000 worth of pistons when the headgasket goes on a 2,5??

Just fix the bloody headgasket and drive it another 40-50k miles!! If the bottom end lets go then spend £000's on a rebuild, if your going to drive a car worrying that the engine is going to break then your going to worry about every problem/noise that these cars have/make!!!!

tubbytommy 23 June 2013 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11129182)
Whats the point in doing a forged build if the headgasket goes??? My brothers old classic headgasket went at 70k miles and all we did was fix the problem and put it back on the road(didnt have the need to forge the bottom end). Cant see why people need to throw £1000 worth of pistons when the headgasket goes on a 2,5??

Just fix the bloody headgasket and drive it another 40-50k miles!! If the bottom end lets go then spend £000's on a rebuild, if your going to drive a car worrying that the engine is going to break then your going to worry about every problem/noise that these cars have/make!!!!

because when the head gasket goes it leaks water into the oil which can wash out the bottom end bearings and when the engine is rebuilt not long after the bottom end fails.

scoobyboy1 23 June 2013 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11129184)
because when the head gasket goes it leaks water into the oil which can wash out the bottom end bearings and when the engine is rebuilt not long after the bottom end fails.

Bet you cant guess what model car I drive and with what engine???:D