ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   opinions on a car im thinking of viewing (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/954999-opinions-on-a-car-im-thinking-of-viewing.html)

**jay** 04 November 2012 12:51 PM

opinions on a car im thinking of viewing

Keep getting the urge to scratch my newage itch, spent so much on the classic and was thinking of going forged and more power, but not sure i can justify spending any more on a 16 year old car.
Going to go and look at this as its not too far from me.
2005 hawk eye jdm
low miles but never knew they made a hawk at that year.
can anyone tell me there views on this car and is it priced well or over priced.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1907474499...84.m1438.l2648

Cheers
Jay

alphaj12 04 November 2012 01:03 PM

Looks stunning, in fact looks a lot like my next car in a few years

JdcTypeR 04 November 2012 01:17 PM

I'm interested in this one mate also but it's over 450 miles from me. I've got to ring him today but I'm still waiting for a cheque to come. It looks a lovely car and hopefully It will be what your looking for

**jay** 04 November 2012 01:23 PM

Cheers guys ive always been a classic man but after 3 think i might want a change, parting with my ra will be hard but cant keep 2 lol

JdcTypeR 04 November 2012 01:38 PM

When you going to look at it mate?

**jay** 04 November 2012 01:44 PM

Just leaving the now, hours drive for me so not too bad, guys only had it 3 months which kinda strange

JdcTypeR 04 November 2012 01:57 PM

I tried ringing him mate but his phone was off, Can you let him know that James tried to call.
Good luck mate :thumb:

LUCKO 04 November 2012 02:57 PM

nice car this seen advert the other day :luvlove:

Markfey 04 November 2012 03:12 PM

It's on pistonheads as well. I'd like to know who's been doing the work on it since it was imported.

It does look lovely and i have been dribbling over it.

On the going from classic note..... there was a guy on here last week. I think the post might have been called back in a classic. He stated that he went from classic to hawk. He's now back in a classic and loves it. He forgot how great the classic was and wasn't missing the hawk. That set my mind to stick with the classic for another couple of years...

irondrew 04 November 2012 03:31 PM

Looks very nice to me.... I'm sure a lot of people buy them, and when they bring them home the Mrs has something to say about it! Haha hence the short ownership.

g7prs 04 November 2012 03:47 PM

Nice looking car. I don't recognise it from any of the Scottish sites.

RB5 Boyo 04 November 2012 05:15 PM

Lovely looking car....and Speedline Turinis on it too, get it bought lol :)

**jay** 04 November 2012 06:45 PM

Well just back after 170 mile round trip, not what i was hoping for, boot, spoiler and one quarter painted, full front end painted, paint not great, can see silocone and dust under the paint, maybe expecting too much, but for a low millage car it should have been better.

JdcTypeR 04 November 2012 06:48 PM

You spotted that or did he tell you?

**jay** 04 November 2012 06:55 PM

Could not miss it, im very fussy though, it was in a garage so had use of the ramps, the paint just not very good for such low miles, the car had also been warmed up even though he dont use it, as i said im probably being too fussy but its 8 years newer than my classic and my ra is in better condition.

JdcTypeR 04 November 2012 07:00 PM

i've been thinking about going to see it but i dont want to travel that far if its not what it should be and warmimg it up seems a bit strange as its fairly normal for people viewing motors wanting to hear it from cold.

**jay** 04 November 2012 07:11 PM

Maybe good to get money off it, but nearly every panel has paint and not beem done well, ashame too as when i first seen it, it looked stunning, why has it been painted was at the back of my mind. There was no need to warm it up as he drives another car think ill jusy stick to what i have as my old classic is still very tidy.

JdcTypeR 04 November 2012 07:18 PM

I think i'll give it a miss, Thanks for the info and a bit gutted for you as in the pics it looks stunning

**jay** 04 November 2012 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by JdcTypeR (Post 10856555)
I think i'll give it a miss, Thanks for the info and a bit gutted for you as in the pics it looks stunning

Its a very nice car but for that kinda money and described as " the car is in great condition and I'm confident you will struggle to find a better well looked after Impreza"

well that sounded to me as perfect condition not something thats had a lot of paint and not to a very good standard, shame too but im sure there is much better out there for 10k

Think ill just carry on with the work with mine and go forged over winter since ive been aiming for that for a while now. feel like id be buying a car thats not as good as the one id have to sell to replace.

Think its still worth viewing but dont know if its accident repaired or just had paint to tidy up scratches. not a gamble i fancied taking.
Jay

LUCKO 05 November 2012 09:22 PM

shame as looks the nuts in the pictures

blackpoolrock 05 November 2012 09:46 PM

Also says HKS SSQV in advert but it aint there in the photo

Hawkeye D 05 November 2012 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by **jay** (Post 10856711)
Its a very nice car but for that kinda money and described as " the car is in great condition and I'm confident you will struggle to find a better well looked after Impreza"

well that sounded to me as perfect condition not something thats had a lot of paint and not to a very good standard, shame too but im sure there is much better out there for 10k

Think ill just carry on with the work with mine and go forged over winter since ive been aiming for that for a while now. feel like id be buying a car thats not as good as the one id have to sell to replace.

Think its still worth viewing but dont know if its accident repaired or just had paint to tidy up scratches. not a gamble i fancied taking.
Jay

You did the right thing to walk away. Well done :thumb:

T5NYW 06 November 2012 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D (Post 10857981)
You did the right thing to walk away. Well done :thumb:

I was looking at the advert last week and just what I was for, what a shame ;)

Short ownership, it's also recently had a new radiator bet either overheating issues or little or no antifreeze over the border ;) crap paintwork so not looking prommising:wonder:

In a few month I can see a few new Topics,

"New owner of a 2005 JDM"

then followed by Either

" Cars missing, are plugs easy to Change?"
" Car overheating wheres the termostat?"
"how much head gaskets"
"How much is a Rebuild ?"
"Lost drive how much for a Rear diff and Gearbox sounds rough?"
" Went around a corner and some paint fell off"
"I've spent £10K on it now how much is it worth"?

or

" I've had the car for 4 weeks and the Girlfriends pregnant so got to sell the car quick"

IMHO IIRC

Tony

bunsofsteeeel 06 November 2012 09:32 AM

problem is once you have driven or owned a ra all other impreza's just aren't as good.