ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Big thanks to JGM (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/954454-big-thanks-to-jgm.html)

JohnD 30 October 2012 12:04 AM

Big thanks to JGM

Just a quicky to say thanks to Simon (JGM) for arranging the turbo swap and then mapping at Surrey RR last Wed.
Communication and patience in explaining a few queries I had :wonder: are in stark contrast to my recent experience with another well respected mapper who I'd used a number of times before, and despite repeated phone calls on my part which were never returned, let me down.

JohnD

ShotgunUK 30 October 2012 07:07 AM

I've said before that apart from being very good at what he does, Simon is also a good chap.

Even when he's flat out bus he finds time to answer dumb questions from people like me and does everythig he can to accomodate.

andy00v7 30 October 2012 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by JohnD (Post 10848957)
Just a quicky to say thanks to Simon (JGM) for arranging the turbo swap and then mapping at Surrey RR last Wed.
Communication and patience in explaining a few queries I had :wonder: are in stark contrast to my recent experience with another well respected mapper who I'd used a number of times before, and despite repeated phone calls on my part which were never returned, let me down.

JohnD

Hi John glad you got it all sorted out . How do you find the spool up of new turbo against the h ?

Andy

JohnD 30 October 2012 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by andy00v7 (Post 10849129)
Hi John glad you got it all sorted out . How do you find the spool up of new turbo against the h ?

Andy

Bit of a mixed bag really!
I'd just fitted a FMIC and noticed an increase in lag which was expected. Without a turbo change I was hoping this could be mapped out somewhat.
After the turbo swap (from MD321H to MDX321T) it feels quite similar to what it was just after the FMIC instal. All this is based on part throttle responce which is the (my) most common driving style. However, when it does spool and with a little extra sqeeze on the throttle, it takes off like a rocket!:D I haven't driven much since having it done and I've only gone 'briskly' in 3rd and 4th I think 2nd could be quite scary:freak3:

JohnD

andy00v7 30 October 2012 11:28 AM

Thanks for the info . Did you get it mapped for the fmic and H or were you driving it on the old map with the tmic ?
Andy

JohnD 30 October 2012 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by andy00v7 (Post 10849225)
Thanks for the info . Did you get it mapped for the fmic and H or were you driving it on the old map with the tmic ?
Andy

No, I knew I was going for the turbo swap so it was on the old map. Obviously, I never drove it hard and other than the increased lag, it felt fine. When I did use boost I kept an eye on the KS3 meter and there was no increased noise at all.

JohnD

Jolly Green Monster 30 October 2012 01:49 PM

Hi John,

No problem at all. Glad your happy with it, thanks for the positive feedback :)

Its a very nice car.

Thanks
Simon