ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Insurance recommendation (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/954268-insurance-recommendation.html)

KAS35RSTI 28 October 2012 04:29 PM

Insurance recommendation

Just want people to share there quotes with me. Anyone in South West London area with big spec a Subaru? If so who are you insured with & how much are you paying.

I am 26 with no NCB. Previous cars: 7 Scoobies, Evo, Pulsar, Skylines etc etc

Clean license with no points, claims, convictions etc. Normally always a 2nd driver.

2003 STi running close to 600. I want to declare all mods & wanting fully comp.

Who will cover my area? SW12

MattyB1983 28 October 2012 05:22 PM

I'm not in your area Kas and don't quite have the spec you do but I'm with Moley, fully comp with everything declared (400+bhp classic) and no NCB as its on my other car. I'm 29 with good history of cars and no claims or convictions. I'm in a good post code though, apparently.
£595.

KAS35RSTI 28 October 2012 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 10846692)
I'm not in your area Kas and don't quite have the spec you do but I'm with Moley, fully comp with everything declared (400+bhp classic) and no NCB as its on my other car. I'm 29 with good history of cars and no claims or convictions. I'm in a good post code though, apparently.
£595.

Ye I PM'd Moley but havent had anything back, maybe they are busy. I will probably give him a call. Just never seem to get hold of the guy the 2/3 times I have tried.

Had a PM from Tony@Greenlight ? saying he can do a deal & would call me back etc but nothing yet. Maybe he is also busy.

Anyone else I can get quotes from? I am off work tomorrow so thats my task for the day. :sleep:

jura11 28 October 2012 05:33 PM

As above speak to the Gary@Moley_WRX

Jura

scoobyman2007 28 October 2012 05:41 PM

Hi mate I am in sw London sw18 and it cost me a lot as wee are in London just no good living in London but if I go and try Devon wear my dad is living it is half the price mate

KAS35RSTI 28 October 2012 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyman2007 (Post 10846723)
Hi mate I am in sw London sw18 and it cost me a lot as wee are in London just no good living in London but if I go and try Devon wear my dad is living it is half the price mate

Who are you currently insured with? Is the car registered at your old mans place?

:idea:

scoobyman2007 28 October 2012 05:52 PM

No mate it is off road now as am working on it and I done lots of quotes and the oldman told me to see what it will cost at his but as I am no ther I just had a look in to it mate

KAS35RSTI 28 October 2012 05:57 PM

I see. Will have to do some poking around tomorrow!

Moley 28 October 2012 06:00 PM

Doesn't look like i got a pm from you, pop one over with your number and i'll give you a call

scoobyman2007 28 October 2012 06:00 PM

Thar is a lot on Scooby net mate just try them you will get one

KAS35RSTI 28 October 2012 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 10846759)
Doesn't look like i got a pm from you, pop one over with your number and i'll give you a call

YHPM

Tony@Greenlight 29 October 2012 09:55 AM

Hi Kas35RSTI,

I didn't recall dealing with you before, so have trawled my PM's in an attempt to look for an conversation that we had in relation to covering you.

This showed that you had a conversation with us by PM back on 1st August (which was whilst I was away in America and one of my colleagues was managing Scoobynet for me).

It looks as though you were going to PM your contact details to us at the time, but I can't trace a PM in this regard.

I'm pretty sure that Moley will be able to help you (particularly as you're his side of the river), but if you're stuck after that we can certainly take a look for you.

Kind regards

Tony

skyinsurance 29 October 2012 10:56 AM

See Insurance section, note sticky posts at the top with the Scoobynet affiliated insurers.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

GoML-STi 29 October 2012 01:35 PM

I went with sky they beat A Plan by about £80 and by the time you actually get to speak to moley you pay more on your phone bill than you actually save

Moley 29 October 2012 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by GoML-STi (Post 10847858)
by the time you actually get to speak to moley you pay more on your phone bill than you actually save

Kas dropped me a pm and i've given him a call, so the phone call didn't cost him a penny ;)

KAS35RSTI 29 October 2012 05:00 PM

All sorted now. Just waiting for my current policy to expire next week & I will be going over to Moley.

Thanks for the call mate. Will be in touch shortly

Moley 29 October 2012 06:02 PM

No probs mate, glad to help

moneys 04 November 2012 08:07 AM

greenlight for me this year, fantastic service so far, pm'd them as well as others and they got straight back to me with a superd deal, out of the others i pm'd or called i only got a call back from clare at a-plan and to be honest theyre quote was silly