ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Formula 1 2012 (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/953126-formula-1-2012-a.html)

bioforger 17 October 2012 07:32 PM

Formula 1 2012

Awesome, end.

Gear Head 17 October 2012 07:43 PM

I concur. :thumb:

Although I'm starting to find the difficulty of racing against computer cars a little inconsistent.

Also, I haven't had a live race yet without idiots confusing the games with destruction derby! :rolleyes:

Xbox here, you?

bioforger 17 October 2012 07:48 PM

PC n PS3

95turbowagon 17 October 2012 07:52 PM

Had a go on the demo but that's as far as i'll go, not a fan of using the analog buttons for steering. No feel to it and your either turning full lock or not at all.

Been dissapointed with the F1 games since championship edition which used sixaxis for steering, much more enjoyable and the graphics don't seem to have come on much in the last few games.

Ant 17 October 2012 07:58 PM

I've got it but I'm hooked to nba13 atm

bioforger 17 October 2012 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by 95turbowagon (Post 10832751)
Had a go on the demo but that's as far as i'll go, not a fan of using the analog buttons for steering. No feel to it and your either turning full lock or not at all.

Been dissapointed with the F1 games since championship edition which used sixaxis for steering, much more enjoyable and the graphics don't seem to have come on much in the last few games.

Buttons for steering lol no wonder. Use the stick. I use a wheel, any racing sim/game isn't given justice without one really. The gfx don't need to be awesome, although they are excellent in this one, its the feel n dynamics of the car that counts and the racing. Codemasters have got it spot on in this release imo.

Blue and Gold 18 October 2012 10:17 PM

brilliant game and I'm loving how difficult it is as the track starts to dry and you have to stick on the dry line on slicks or you're screwed

Neanderthal 19 October 2012 09:16 AM

Got it on PS3, love it, but as someone else has said, the AI difficulty seems a little off at times.
I'm not great at it so only have them on medium difficulty (but use manual gears, no abs etc). I won easily on the track before Catalunya in the Caterham, but Catalunya I could only manage 17th! although the whole weekend the weather was playing silly buggers and I ended up racing with very little downforce whilst the weather was mostly wet.

I haven't tried an online race yet, I suspect it'll be a horrific, like driving with a grid of Maldonardos and Grosjeans!

stef_2010 19 October 2012 09:24 AM

Love the game because I love F1 but...

Codemasters seriously can't seem to make a game that isn't filled with bugs, that's 3 years running which in my opinion, is bordering on unacceptable

If anyone would a race I'm more than happy to show you how it's done :lol1:

95turbowagon 19 October 2012 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 10832776)
Buttons for steering lol no wonder. Use the stick. I use a wheel, any racing sim/game isn't given justice without one really. The gfx don't need to be awesome, although they are excellent in this one, its the feel n dynamics of the car that counts and the racing. Codemasters have got it spot on in this release imo.

The sticks are the analog buttons, used a wheel on f1 2011 and still no real feel to the car.

bioforger 19 October 2012 03:08 PM

Get a logitech G25 or the newer one then :)

bioforger 19 October 2012 03:08 PM

Actually scratch that F1 2011 was total pants, its alot better in 2012.

Neanderthal 19 October 2012 03:13 PM

I know what you mean 95tw but I think it's generally the nature of the F1 cars. I struggled like hell when I first started with it cause I'm used to Forza/GT games where you can correct for an early/late turn in whereas F1 if you miss the optimum turn in point and you try and correct, you're usually going so fast that you're already into the marbles and off.

95turbowagon 19 October 2012 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 10835162)
Get a logitech G25 or the newer one then :)

I do have a logitech G25, to me it felt like no matter what speed you entered the corner wet or dry the steering felt exactly the same.

Haven't tried F1 2012 with the wheel as it's in the loft and can't be bothered to get the seat, wheel and frame down to play a demo.

Maybe it's from playing GT5 to much, where i can feel what the car is doing through the wheel.

bioforger 19 October 2012 10:05 PM

You need to try it mate :) 2011 is cack in comparison.

jura11 19 October 2012 11:27 PM

Played and not very impressed,GFX is good,still not the best,but still we are bought this game just as above we are love the F1.

Hope so new GRID will be soon here and can play this

Jura

Shaun 20 October 2012 07:51 PM

Jura,
Has anyone told you, that you type like Yoda speaks!? :D

Gear Head 20 October 2012 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by stef_2010 (Post 10834857)
Love the game because I love F1 but...

Codemasters seriously can't seem to make a game that isn't filled with bugs, that's 3 years running which in my opinion, is bordering on unacceptable

If anyone would a race I'm more than happy to show you how it's done :lol1:

I have seen your stats fella. You play it way too much! :D

Send me a msg when you are next online and I will try and keep up! :thumb:

jura11 20 October 2012 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10836685)
Jura,
Has anyone told you, that you type like Yoda speaks!? :D

Yes Shaun my brother :D,sometimes I'm typing faster than thinking and after that sound like :D

Jura

Shaun 20 October 2012 10:51 PM

LOL :D at least you have a good sense of humour mate! :D

prodriverules 20 October 2012 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10836944)
LOL :D at least you have a good sense of humour mate! :D

Jura is a good laugh and as he would say when a balls up happens 'bink':D

Neanderthal 22 October 2012 12:22 PM

Tried it online for the first time yesterday. My word it was tragic. There were cars going off everywhere. First race I ended up t-boning a Maclaren that was coming across the track, 2nd race I started in pole and finished 2nd (was smashed off at the hairpin in Germany by the 3rd place guy who then got a penalty). 3rd and last race I had to start at the back so pulled away slower and let the Maelstrom play out in front of me and ended up 3rd picking my way through the debris.

Mariet66te 22 October 2012 01:34 PM

I haven't had a live race yet without idiots confusing the games with destruction derby!
http://www.rdox.info/2.jpg