ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Projects (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/)
-   -   My Classic scoob... (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/952187-my-classic-scoob.html)

JGlanzaV 09 October 2012 01:15 PM

My Classic scoob...

5 Attachment(s)
Im not sure if this car was on here or not, but certain people on here will know whos it was...

anyways, now to make it my own and start the modding :)

When i first got it, lots of stickers and what not, definitely not to my taste as im going for the sleeper look -

Attachment 57000

So i got on and took them all off!

Attachment 57001
Attachment 57002
Attachment 57003

And now the spoiler too!

Attachment 57004

Awaiting parts to arrive this week to start on more exterior changes then the chassis and engine! :)

stonejedi 09 October 2012 01:25 PM

Looks nice:thumb:.

robj2502 09 October 2012 01:32 PM

I like it! its quite understated without the decals

Whats the current spec and your plans?

JGlanzaV 09 October 2012 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by robj2502 (Post 10821069)
I like it! its quite understated without the decals

Whats the current spec and your plans?

Ill keep most plans to updates as and when i get round to them, wouldnt want to ruin the suprises now would i? haha!

To give you some idea of spec the decals on the back doors and the size of the brakes should give you an idea ;)

And yes, the decals etc werent to my liking, i refuses to have stickers and badges on any of my vehicles so they all had to go! Sleeper is the way this one will be going, bonnet vents etc, everything will be gone :)

StefanW 09 October 2012 04:10 PM

Looks good, may i ask what front splitter you have on there ?

Stefan

JGlanzaV 09 October 2012 07:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by StefanW (Post 10821298)
Looks good, may i ask what front splitter you have on there ?

Stefan

Im going to go out on a limb, I THINK it is a JUN splitter? But I shall check and get back to you mate.

Well today consisted of removing the spoiler -

Attachment 57005

And changing the clutch fluid as my clutch seems to get half way back up and gets stuck! But that seems to have made it worse if anything, so i'll need to figure out what is going on there now before drag racing on saturday :(

JGlanzaV 09 October 2012 09:36 PM

a quick launch control vid - http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...1006-00002.jpg

StefanW is it not a p1 splitter? http://www.scoobyclinic.com/shop/sty...plitter_p1.jpg

JGlanzaV 30 October 2012 04:17 PM

A quick vid of the drag racing the other day,

Came 3rd overall with an 11.6, in damp conditions and my first time on high boost :)

JGlanzaV 14 December 2012 02:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So, a few mor eupdates since the racing, the hardening has came off a cam tip, so a new cam has been purchased and is ready to fit when i get round to it!

So while its been parked up i decided maybe a wash would be a good start! Anyone who knows me will know how dirty my cars always are, so this is a miracle....

Attachment 57006

Then i started my next stage of the plan...

Attachment 57007

What a fecking ball ache, but it will be awesome when it is done, also thinking about some ABW wide arches to go with it...

JGlanzaV 20 December 2012 10:58 AM

weather is holding up progress on the matte black wrapping, so I am now just waiting for it to clear up so i can find a decent day to do some more! The boot isnt perfect but its good enough for now!

Need to get the new cam fitted over christmas too

And i think i am going to treat myself to some ABW arches for her and some Grid driftsin 8.5 :P

JGlanzaV 07 January 2013 02:21 PM

New parts, some more racing and that pesky cam...

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I found another video of the drag racing, running my 11.6, 1.80 60ft time and beating an 800+hp skyline in the mean time :P

Also got some bits back from the powder coaters today which i will be fitting to my CDB when it is buuilt :)

Attachment 57008

Got a load more parts to take down next week to get coated.

I went to change the cam the other day got 3 bolts out fine but one of them is stuck fast and wont come out, which resulted in a rounded head, and reluctant to take the engine out I will need to figure out a plan to remove it and bolt extractors only mullered the head of the bolt further :(

super_ted 07 January 2013 04:16 PM

Looking good. I take it you have got no further with the wrap? Regarding the rounded bolt head - Can you not weld another nut to the top of the bolt so that you can undo it?

JGlanzaV 07 January 2013 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by super_ted (Post 10935421)
Looking good. I take it you have got no further with the wrap? Regarding the rounded bolt head - Can you not weld another nut to the top of the bolt so that you can undo it?

yes i just wasnt very keen on welding in an open engine, i can get enough of a lift by just releasing the engine mounts to get to it so was hoping to drill it out as its easier to control the swarf that was all.

Nope no further with the wrap yet, the weather down here has been horrendous! Also looking at adding more bars to the roll cage etc, but all in good time,

Will be aiming to hill climb it next year :)

JGlanzaV 07 January 2013 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
found the dyno graph for people asking on spec ;)

Attachment 57009

JGlanzaV 11 January 2013 06:32 PM

Any ideas on how to remove offending bolt peoples?

JGlanzaV 21 January 2013 05:06 PM

Really? 700 views and hardly any responses? need ideas to remove the offending bolt!

**jay** 21 January 2013 05:44 PM

http://www.autotronheater.com/default.asp?ID=14

Induction bolt and nut heater, they work really well should be enough room to get in, if not its an engine out im afraid :(
Jay

JGlanzaV 21 January 2013 05:47 PM

If i lift one side with the engine crane and undo the engine mounts it comes up a good distance to get a drill etc in... how woul di weld a nut on without getting swarf in the engine?

**jay** 21 January 2013 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 10954354)
If i lift one side with the engine crane and undo the engine mounts it comes up a good distance to get a drill etc in... how woul di weld a nut on without getting swarf in the engine?

Just pull the engine out for the sake of a couple hours and faffing about with little space.

JGlanzaV 21 January 2013 06:43 PM

Might have to, its a pain due to lack of space and lack of time due to working away! Ho-hum! Will get it out at some point next week i hope, need to find a decent garage to work in!

JGlanzaV 26 January 2013 12:36 PM

Was looking at head units for Maggie today, not quite sure what to got, quite liked the look of this one?

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/sony-...e-p-36942.html

Ive found it for 180quid qhich seems like a decent price, although did quite fancy one with sat nav, but ho-hum!

Hopefully getting it down to a garage to get the stud out next week :)

JGlanzaV 26 March 2013 09:24 AM

Well I whipped the engine out and got the cam cap bolt undone, with a big hammer and a 9mm socket lol.

When I pulled the old cam out it seems like I've had a shim fail, not so much the cam. So the new cam was fitted and its now sat at engine tuner getting reshimmed. And hopefully will be done this week so I can get it back in this weekend!

I am missing boost in my life!

Also have a set of ABW wide arches sat in my living room, so am looking for some wheels to suit now!

JGlanzaV 23 July 2013 07:34 AM

Well, not alot has happened so far,

Got the cam fixed by Enginetuner, a new shim and bucket was required. The shim was completely destroyed. So a new shim and bucket got that sorted. Refitted the engine and enjoyed it for a few months,

I had a blown exhaust gasket on the centre pipe so i swapped that out and the dome washer on the back end of the turbo gave up the ghost. So i got these swapped out with my mate.

Which then led to changing the studs, nuts and springs on the turbo to downpipe connection too as the threads had died.

Once i had all that done I thought I would treat it to some meth, but when I drove it it wasnt boosting correctly (1.2 bar instead of 1.5) and felt sluggish and spluttery.

Got under it again week before last and found out my japspeed manifold has carked it! Big crack around the collector leaking exhaust gaskets. So that was the end of that!

So ive now ordered myself a new equal length manifold from the states,

321 titanium steel, v band up pipe etc! This thing seriously is the nuts.. and Chris from KillerB motorsport is an awesome guy to deal with, really knows his stuff and was extremely helpful.

Should see some interesting results from this and hopefully get rid of that annoying drop off at high revs and give me some extra spool, torques and horses!

This is the baby - http://www.killerbmotorsport.com/index_files/header.htm

Big thanks to Craig (Infected by sti) for sorting me out a 2.5 sump and pick up to suit the new manifold. Will be ordering a KillerB pick up when the funds allow.

Unfortunately this month is going to be a killer,

Manifold + import taxes, sump and pick up, Tax, Mot, Remap at enginetuner, fuel, meth, Drag days...

The joys of modified car ownership! although I am mega excited about getting the manifold on and sorted!

JGlanzaV 29 July 2013 07:08 PM

Well, I got the sump off, and realised I have a cosworth baffled sump.

So now I need to source a 2.5 baffled sump which will probably come from killer b motosport again along with one of their pick ups. So the 2.0 sump and baffle etc will be up for sale soon.

Just got an email from killer b and my manifold should be here in a couple of weeks. Which is a shame as I will miss out on the 2 days drag racing in august. This season is pretty much a write off.

So the plan is to get all the new kit fitted and set up along with tax and mot, and a remap.

Then I shall treat her to some meths and see how it goes round the twisties and hopefully get on some track days later in august

JGlanzaV 18 August 2013 09:12 PM

Well, all Is sorted now,

Manifold arrived yesterday and I wrapped it in DEI titanium heatwrap with stainless cable ties.

So I have all the parts I need ready for it to head off to engine tuner towards the end of this week once I have finished my cam cover gasket!

So I have to fit -

Heatwrapped Killer B Motorsport titanium equal length manifold

2.5 sump, pick up + dipstick

New gaskets for the manifold

New seals, bolts, etc for the cam cover

So now all I need is someone to transport it to engine tuner and to measure out my meths so I can get the dual maps sorted!

Hoping for some decent gains on this new manifold!

JGlanzaV 23 August 2013 02:08 PM

Well after much hassle and stuff at engine tuner yesterday we eventually got the manifold fitted. The manifold was fouling my oil temperature sensor and the oil filter with the sandwich plate for my oil cooler.

Now just to get the car started we removed the sandwich plate and got it running as the quote had gone out the window with the amount of faffing around.

So now I have to remove the standard oil cooler and modify the pipework to suit, to get the clearence for my filter and sandwich plate.

What a nightmare.

But while the day wasn't a total success it was good to chat to martyn and co and get some future plans in motion and we will be aiming for a 10second 1/4mile in the current trim.

The ecu should be out the car and on the way for the alkatek upgrade next week in time for mapping when he comes back!

JGlanzaV 09 September 2013 07:40 PM

So,

We have got the car finished and remapped on the 99, and meth maps with the new alkatek ecu upgrade.

The results were 485bhp on the v power map, and 532 on the meth map.

https://www.scoobynet.com/picture.ph...ictureid=24809

I got her MOT'd today, it was pretty straight forward, not even an advisory. so hopefully il get some tax in the next week or so, still got half a tank of meth left in it for when the tax is on :D

zubzaj 10 September 2013 11:06 AM

hi i need help finding a stand alone ecu for my car it is a 1994 impreza wrx import, if u have anything can u ring me on 07445439260 adam thanx

JGlanzaV 10 September 2013 01:10 PM

Hi Adam,

I haven't got anything as my simtek was upgraded to the alkatek it wasn't a different ecu just software/chip upgrades to my existing ecu! Good luck with the hunt though!

zubzaj 10 September 2013 02:15 PM

thank you anyway good luck on your project....