ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Grimmy@R1 - it was grim! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/950609-grimmy-r1-it-was-grim.html)

Dr Hu 24 September 2012 09:28 AM

Grimmy@R1 - it was grim!

Just listened to Chris Moyles's replacement.... god it was a dull as dishwater....

Not a single laugh or smile all the way to work...
Crikey if this was the opening show with everything thrown at it, it doesn't bode well:(

And he's a complete mincer!

zip106 24 September 2012 09:31 AM

Should've listened to R2 - the lovely Zoe Ball doing a great job as always. :thumb:

urban 24 September 2012 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 10800805)
Just listened to Chris Moyles's replacement.... god it was a dull as dishwater....

Not a single laugh or smile all the way to work...
Crikey if this was the opening show with everything thrown at it, it doesn't bode well:(

And he's a complete mincer!

I thought it was a bit dull also - will give a few more tries.
Moyles wasn't that great at the start either.

You're right - he is a complete mincer

Infected by sti 24 September 2012 10:25 AM

Moyles will always be a hard act to follow imo, he made for some great morning laughs on the way in to work, really set the tone for the day!

Listening to the new show this am just didn cut it! I know its still early days yet but..................................an that start your day effort lol

chrispy200+ 24 September 2012 10:28 AM

Had to turn it off, quite liked the old format of lots of talking and not much music

jayallen 24 September 2012 10:29 AM

Ive now switched off and listerning to my local station...Grimmey followed by Fearn Cotton has killed Radio 1 for me.

boxst 24 September 2012 10:34 AM

What I said on pistonheads:

Mr. Grimshaw was not very good. Not terrible, just struggling. There is a reason why most breakfast shows have sidekicks, he is going to run out of material (if you can call it that) very quickly with 3.5 hours each morning.

Someone on here said he'd be the 'sacrificial' person and I think that may be true, so give him a little while and then Greg James will take over.

classic scooby 24 September 2012 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 10800878)
Ive now switched off and listerning to my local station...Grimmey followed by Fearn Cotton has killed Radio 1 for me.

+1:thumb:

The Dogs B******s 24 September 2012 11:03 AM

Really boring, turned it off

Jimbob 24 September 2012 11:12 AM

I wouldn`t listen to his afternoon show, and I'm DEFFO not going to listen to his morning show. He is CRAP.
But he must be good at something to these "executives" but doubt we'll ever know what that is/was.

I find Scott Mills Tedious mind you, having a large segment dedicated to innuendo bingo, (if you have no idea its where people shower each other with water form their mouth) it may work on TV where you can see it, but on radio it plainly doesn't work.

Worst thing they did was get rid of Moyles, the only reason his ratings dipped was that they said months in advance he was going (or the rumour started).

petethemeat 24 September 2012 11:40 AM

I listened very briefly , I think he has an impossible task.

iMHO the only worthwhile replacement was Scott. It also made me laugh how they are throwing all the celebraties behind the "team grimmy" thing - it's as though they realise he needs all the help he can get.

I ended up turning over and listening to R4 and a bit of nick clegg!

Ant 24 September 2012 01:04 PM

It's Scott mills that does innuendo bingo....

D6ale 24 September 2012 01:09 PM

chrismoyles.net are replaying his entire shows (without music) live stream or downloadable podcast, after listening to Grimmy its a better way to start the day, even if its a re-run from 2004

JDM_Stig 24 September 2012 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by zip106 (Post 10800812)
Should've listened to R2 - the lovely Zoe Ball doing a great job as always. :thumb:

sorry but she stuffed up todays show time and time again, she was like a fish out of water.

zip106 24 September 2012 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 10801087)
sorry but she stuffed up todays show time and time again, she was like a fish out of water.

That's part of the attraction to me - she's not a monotonous clone like most and makes mistakes.

All adds to the fun.

t5frankie 24 September 2012 01:41 PM

i'm gutted chris has gone 15 years of listening to him, guess i must be too old for radio 1 now too (36)

Kev_turbo 24 September 2012 02:33 PM

The BBC trust have said that the breakfast show is to be aimed at 15-28 year olds and the average listener age of the moyles show was mid 30's hence they moved him on. How many of the people abovew that said they switched off are over 28? If you are then the BBC have done what they intended.

Chris Moyles is still under contract to the BBC for another 18 months or so. Do you think he will appear on radio 2 like all the other DJ's that have been moved on?

I'm 35 and find myself listening to more radio 2 than radio 1 so they must be doing something right

zip106 24 September 2012 02:57 PM

The only place for Moyles on R2 would be to replace the old has-been-stuck-in-the-80's Steve Wright.

He's appallingly bad now, only slightly worse than Moyles.

Jimbob 24 September 2012 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10801061)
It's Scott mills that does innuendo bingo....

Yep so it is.

CharlySkunkWeed 24 September 2012 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kev_turbo (Post 10801199)
The BBC trust have said that the breakfast show is to be aimed at 15-28 year olds and the average listener age of the moyles show was mid 30's hence they moved him on. How many of the people abovew that said they switched off are over 28? If you are then the BBC have done what they intended.

Chris Moyles is still under contract to the BBC for another 18 months or so. Do you think he will appear on radio 2 like all the other DJ's that have been moved on?

I'm 35 and find myself listening to more radio 2 than radio 1 so they must be doing something right

So the aim a brekfast show at 15 - 28 yearolds ? FFS grimmy called Harry Styles at 7.30 and his management said to ring back at 9 when he was awake ! Even then he sounded half asleep , and he is Grimmys beat mate ! Ringing a member of 1Direction every morning this week . . . .great.

Boro 24 September 2012 07:31 PM

We're just not his target audience anymore!

I listened in on the way to work as usual. One Direction interview followed Justin Bieber. More suited to 14 year olds than mid 20's.

Shocking!

mrmadcap 24 September 2012 07:44 PM

What’s happened to Moyle’s lackeys and @rse reaming tonguers, are they still there or has the replacement got his own lackies and @rse reaming tonguers?

RobsyUK 24 September 2012 07:46 PM

How do they work out how many people are listening?

Kev_turbo 24 September 2012 08:49 PM

straw polls and fiddle factors

Dr Hu 24 September 2012 10:07 PM

They find five people who admitted to listening to it, then extrapolate that to five million.

(and I'm only half joking:eek:)

Boro 24 September 2012 11:24 PM

They ask people on stupid street.

petethemeat 25 September 2012 07:09 AM

So - is anyone going to give it another listen this morning?

urban 25 September 2012 08:22 AM

I did on the way to work - still not sure.

boxst 25 September 2012 09:11 AM

I listened to some of it. He was interviewing Louis Smith. The guy is not Mr. Excitement but Moyles had a laugh with him when he did it a couple of months ago. Grimshaw was just ..... dull.

And I think that is it. Nick Grimshaw is not actually a bad DJ, but he just doesn't have the right personality it seems.

I am off to start a campaign to get Christian O'Connell sacked and replaced with Chris Moyles ...

urban 25 September 2012 09:21 AM

Maybe he's trying to hard?
I will listen a few more times and see if the show gets any better, then its R2 I suppose.
The local stations for me are shyte to be perfectly honest.