ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Getting a small business underway? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/949622-getting-a-small-business-underway.html)

Kwik 14 September 2012 10:43 AM

Getting a small business underway?

Which do you think would attract more business?
A Website
A business page on facebook?

JackClark 14 September 2012 10:56 AM

Facebook easily.

warrenm2 14 September 2012 11:36 AM

website

fivetide 14 September 2012 11:51 AM

Obvious question - what's the business?

Consumer - website with facebook support and a twitter feed.

Corporate/B2B forget facebook and have a look at LinkedIN/Twitter/Website

Also depends on your budget.

In summary, too little info for anyone to answer properly :)

5t.

Kwik 14 September 2012 12:51 PM

I didn't say too much to try to gauge a general overview. Its for the Mrs, she's trained in several area's of beauty IE eyelashes and spray tans.
Most of her clients are facebook users so they can "like" her page. From what i understand this would be a free page?
I've had websites before but promoting them and actually getting hits I think will be the harder part.

fivetide 14 September 2012 01:04 PM

In that case Facebook and Twitter. She can give people a discount if they let her tweet a pic of her work etc. By tagging them she'll get a big client base and all their mates will see "XXXXXX was tagged in a photo by" easy advertising.

5t.

Kwik 14 September 2012 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 10789170)
In that case Facebook and Twitter. She can give people a discount if they let her tweet a pic of her work etc. By tagging them she'll get a big client base and all their mates will see "XXXXXX was tagged in a photo by" easy advertising.

5t.

Thank you very much. Neither of us have FB so we'll have to learn all this language and tricks.

fivetide 14 September 2012 01:18 PM

No worries.

Absolute doddle. She'll need to add them as a friend first off, then when she uploads their picture all of their friends will see it.

So for example I upload a picture of you and 'tag' you by putting your name in it. Your Mrs, (and anyone else who is a facebook friend) will then see a notification 'Kwik was tagged in a photo from fivetide' even though I don't know your Mrs and she isn't one of my friends.

Basically, uploading an image of one person advertises you to all their facebook mates.

5t.

BlkKnight 14 September 2012 01:55 PM

Facebook.

Set up a diary on her page and give the clients X discount if they book through facebook.

Kwik 14 September 2012 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 10789192)
No worries.

Absolute doddle. She'll need to add them as a friend first off, then when she uploads their picture all of their friends will see it.

So for example I upload a picture of you and 'tag' you by putting your name in it. Your Mrs, (and anyone else who is a facebook friend) will then see a notification 'Kwik was tagged in a photo from fivetide' even though I don't know your Mrs and she isn't one of my friends.

Basically, uploading an image of one person advertises you to all their facebook mates.

5t.

:thumb: Might have to PM you her page once its done if thats ok?.
Can you add friends to a business page?.

lordharding 14 September 2012 10:38 PM

Facebook without a doubt
Instant messages and offers can be put out to the masses

Boro 15 September 2012 12:39 AM

You're allowed both ;-)

JackClark 15 September 2012 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Kwik (Post 10789994)
:thumb: Might have to PM you her page once its done if thats ok?.
Can you add friends to a business page?.

You can suggest they 'Like' it.

Kwik 15 September 2012 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10790156)
You can suggest they 'Like' it.

Yeah that's what I thought, but no "friends"?

JackClark 15 September 2012 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kwik (Post 10790164)
Yeah that's what I thought, but no "friends"?

No. But as the page owner you can see which of your Friends like the page.