ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   9/12 Apple Day (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/949133-9-12-apple-day.html)

JackClark 09 September 2012 05:44 PM

9/12 Apple Day

iPhone.
I'll skip and wait for the S as my iPhone is still a lot more powerful than I need… unless the camera is truly amazing of course.

Bigger everything will no doubt be included. That should please a lot of people on here as whenever HTC release a new phone and it has bigger numbers they wet their knickers.

Fingers crossed Apple can pull another 'why didn't they think of that' moment.

iO6.
Hopefully released on the same day. This I have been waiting for, tried the beta, loved it. Tons of new features, maps I'm especially excited about.

iPad Mini.
I'd say it was a goer, people seem to like the Nexus, why not.

iMac's
Hopefully a refresh, I need an upgrade. Although my 6 year old machine is running like a dream, I need iCloud on all my devices.

iPods.
Not sure what's happening here but have a feeling something's going to be announced.

Anything else I've forgotten?

Please don't move to Computer Related, that place is great for Geeks and Broken Windows, this is a discussion on Consumer Electronics.

tubbytommy 09 September 2012 05:46 PM

do you have a pic of steve jobs under your pillow.

its a phone............................

ScoobySteve69 09 September 2012 05:49 PM

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

JackClark 09 September 2012 06:02 PM

Wake up Tubby Tommy, It's hardly a phone at all.

Steve, climb in with Tommy.

Brun 09 September 2012 06:07 PM

IP5 release date? Might just dabble with one as I have been stuck in the dark ages as fars as phones are concerned :D

LSherratt 09 September 2012 06:20 PM

Looking forward to the new imac

markjmd 09 September 2012 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10783304)

It's distributed almost exclusively by mobile phone operators and affiliated retailers, but it's not a phone? :wonder:

ronjeramy 09 September 2012 06:31 PM

New Mac mini? :)

tubbytommy 09 September 2012 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10783304)

i have had an iphone, the galaxy is better, i have an ipad 3, its good but nothing special, i prefer a laptop but the kids like it. says it all really looks over substance.
apple all over. oh also have an ipod and i do quite like that.

Brun 09 September 2012 06:37 PM

Beyond Internet browsing and the odd app here and there for fun I still fail to see the real point behind a smart phone. Realistically, what of real use does an IP4 do over and above the first iPhone?
I'm still getting one :D

tubbytommy 09 September 2012 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 10783346)
Beyond Internet browsing and the odd app here and there for fun I still fail to see the real point behind a smart phone. Realistically, what of real use does an IP4 do over and above the first iPhone?

plenty of fish mobile......................;)

Jamescsti 09 September 2012 06:41 PM

Gave up waiting for the iPhone 5 or whatever it will be called and got a great deal on a 4s on a 12 month contract.

I was happy with the 4 but as it was only the 8gb version it was lacking in storage, that's the only reason I changed. The 4 was superb, the 4s is a little bit better.

I'm giving up chasing the consumer electronics trends and latest items, I like the iPhone because it works without me wasting time messing with it.

My wife's HTC wildfire S is a PITA to me.

Boro 09 September 2012 07:15 PM

Shame they missed the boat and most iPhoners are now using Samsungs S3 ;-)

Brun 09 September 2012 07:16 PM

So what does the S3 do that the IP doesn't?

tubbytommy 09 September 2012 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 10783389)

not make you look like a cnut

stevebt 09 September 2012 07:31 PM

I'll be so pissed off if they anouce a better ipod as I recently bought a 64gig 4th gen ipod touch, the idea of an ipad mini apeals to me and I can see me buying a couple of those as presents for chrimbo :D

dirtybarry 09 September 2012 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 10783392)

now now play nice:lol1::lol1: you are right

TonyBurns 09 September 2012 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 10783389)

Multi task and not fool apple lovers into thinking their phones do :lol1:

Tony:D

Brun 09 September 2012 07:41 PM

Any serious answers?

JackClark 09 September 2012 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 10783346)

Airplay Mirroring and all of it's associated goodness. Incredible Camera. Incredible Screen. The 4S is still too good for me, but I'm an old man.

JackClark 09 September 2012 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 10783392)

Neither phone makes you look like a ****, but I often see Android users who feel like one.

Now, can you find another thread to spam.

Brun 09 September 2012 07:52 PM

AirPlay mirroring????

JackClark 09 September 2012 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by ronjeramy (Post 10783337)
New Mac mini? :)

That would be nice.

Beefed up Apple TV or Software update, I hope.

tubbytommy 09 September 2012 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10783467)
Neither phone makes you look like a ****, but I often see Android users who feel like one.

Now, can you find another thread to spam.

nah i like this one, im genuinely interested why your so pro apple, there products are ok but they sell on the name to fan boys like you.

as said above the galaxy s3 is far better than any iphone, im not anti apple as i have there products, love ipod, ipad is a ok but a laptop is better.

Boro 09 September 2012 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 10783440)
Any serious answers?

One word.... "Tasker"

Brun 09 September 2012 07:56 PM

as said above the galaxy s3 is far better than any iphone, im not anti apple as i have there products, love ipod, ipad is a ok but a laptop is better.
But why is it better??? No one ever seems able to answer that question!

Brun 09 September 2012 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Boro (Post 10783476)
One word.... "Tasker"

????????????

TonyBurns 09 September 2012 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 10783478)
But why is it better??? No one ever seems able to answer that question!

Just use it and you will understand ;)
If I said its just more versatile, has a really nice user interface (once you get use to it, the android experience is great compared to IOS :D), does what it say's on the box, and does it great, and ive had a couple of iphones (a 2g, 3gs and 4), its just a better Mobile device :D

Tony:)

Brun 09 September 2012 08:06 PM

Ahhhhhhhh now we're getting somewhere. It's all down to personal preference. I've played with android devices but actually prefer how iOS operates. So it seems that phones at this level are simply different with none that actually do anything significantly better! Fair?

jonc 09 September 2012 08:13 PM

I'm camped outside the Apple store right now, can't wait, only a few more days to go now....