ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   VXR8 GTS, (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/949074-vxr8-gts.html)

Black-Hawk 08 September 2012 10:48 PM

VXR8 GTS,

Anyone had a play with one of these, i did on the way up to the Forge action day, It came up behind me on the M4 all yellow and mean looking at about 06:30 this morning, he passed me then slowed and pulled across into my lane and my passenger said he looks like he wants to play, so i obliged:) i dropped it down a gear and planted it and as i passed him i could hear the thing howl as he went down the box:eek: well as it happend i pulled away until i finally lifted and he cought up and pulled along side and gave me the:thumb: Well later on i bumped into the guy at the show and he said that he'd been looking to have a play with somone as he was a little board on the sedate run upto the show with the car club he was with, He said when he saw my car he thought here we go, But when he initially passed i did'nt react and he was dissapointed, Next thing he said i came flying up behind him:lol1: so he responded by dropping it to 4th and flooring it, but he said i kept pulling away and then he hit his 155mph limiter with me still pulling on him, he said that had never happend before:D and he did'nt think Impreza's had a very good top speed:lol1: he also told me his car was above std power with tuning, anyway i was well chuffed and what an awesome car too:notworthy

L.J.F 08 September 2012 11:03 PM

What power are you running? Give us your spec;)

Hawkeye D 08 September 2012 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Black-Hawk (Post 10782596)
Anyone had a play with one of these, i did on the way up to the Forge action day, It came up behind me on the M4 all yellow and mean looking at about 06:30 this morning, he passed me then slowed and pulled across into my lane and my passenger said he looks like he wants to play, so i obliged:) i dropped it down a gear and planted it and as i passed him i could hear the thing howl as he went down the box:eek: well as it happend i pulled away until i finally lifted and he cought up and pulled along side and gave me the:thumb: Well later on i bumped into the guy at the show and he said that he'd been looking to have a play with somone as he was a little board on the sedate run upto the show with the car club he was with, He said when he saw my car he thought here we go, But when he initially passed i did'nt react and he was dissapointed, Next thing he said i came flying up behind him:lol1: so he responded by dropping it to 4th and flooring it, but he said i kept pulling away and then he hit his 155mph limiter with me still pulling on him, he said that had never happend before:D and he did'nt think Impreza's had a very good top speed:lol1: he also told me his car was above std power with tuning, anyway i was well chuffed and what an awesome car too:notworthy

Good boy :)

Tony Harrington 08 September 2012 11:28 PM

Impressive story, well done mate for giving it some!

Moley 08 September 2012 11:35 PM

Just be glad it wasn't one of the supercharged ones, they are amazing

prodriverules 08 September 2012 11:39 PM

Nice one Jarv,I agree with Moley though the supercharged one's are rapid with a mountain of torque to boot!

t5frankie 08 September 2012 11:40 PM

there was one at trax doing the 0-60 times, he couldnt better 6.3, in just one run i got a 5.0 so chuffed

L.J.F 08 September 2012 11:51 PM

Even the standard VXR8 is proper beast with 440/440 which makes me wonder what the OP's spec is?

prodriverules 08 September 2012 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by t5frankie (Post 10782654)
there was one at trax doing the 0-60 times, he couldnt better 6.3, in just one run i got a 5.0 so chuffed

From a stand still with all that power its very hard to get the power down but out on the road and on the move with that much torque and virtually instant throttle response from N/A power it would be hard to live with!

Black-Hawk 08 September 2012 11:58 PM

Vauxhall VXR8 GTS (Std spec)

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...xhall-vxr8-gts

Price: £51,200; Top speed: 155mph; 0-62mph: 4.9sec; Economy: 20.6mpg; Co2: 324g/km; Kerbweight: 1831kg; Engine type, cc: V8, 6162cc, normally aspirated, petrol; Installation: Front, longitudinal, rear-wheel drivel; Power: 425bhp at 6000rpm; Torque: 406lb ft at 4600rpm; Gearbox: 6-spd

Mines a hawk wrx, circa 380/410

L.J.F 09 September 2012 12:02 AM

My brother in-law has a 6.2 vxr8 and trust me it has more torque than that, mind you it has been remapped and has a load of Walkinshaw goodies.

Jamo 09 September 2012 10:08 PM

Not a vxr8 but my goodness what an amazing noise!! This is gsd2000's from Connors day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/11...5c068ed870.mp4

gsd2000 09 September 2012 10:18 PM

i heard someone mention V8's :)

That yellow one is just a big standard gts, i know the owner. nice car but at nearly 2 tonnes in weight a tuned scooby will eat it alive, depending on the distance the vxr8 might catch up but needs to be delimited and a very very long straight.

They do sound good though

What do scoobies top out, gearing wise?

gsd2000 09 September 2012 10:20 PM

yep they are a pain to launch, im crap at santa pod.

Ive got a line lock and some used 18" mickey thompson drag radials so want to go back and play, but standard clutches dont last hard launches, the hydraulics get very hot and you just end up with no clutch pedal