ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Pioneer SPH-DA100 anyone got one?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/948144-pioneer-sph-da100-anyone-got-one.html)

davefaedeen 30 August 2012 12:04 PM

Pioneer SPH-DA100 anyone got one??

anyone got one of these any good? hoping to get the best out of my iphone 4 or am i better to wait and see what happens with the iphone 5 as all these systems may not work with it ,,,,...??

BenGTTurbo 30 August 2012 01:48 PM

My mate has just fitted one of these to his civic... Good bit of kit and good quality being pioneer.. Only thing i dont like about it is it hasnt got a detachable front so is always on show

davefaedeen 30 August 2012 01:50 PM

my only consern with it is the lack pf apps that u can use on it, ie i have the tom tom app on my phone and i dont think it will work with this?? confused.....

Markfey 30 August 2012 06:11 PM

I believe after looking at youtube it comes with its own free sat nav. If not you should be able to use one that you can download.

I presume you're considering Halfords as they're doing it for £300?

I have the same concerns about it as i'll be getting an Iphone 5 when it comes out. I looked on the pioneer website and they have stated they will update the software when available.

davefaedeen 31 August 2012 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Markfey (Post 10770329)
I believe after looking at youtube it comes with its own free sat nav. If not you should be able to use one that you can download.

I presume you're considering Halfords as they're doing it for £300?

I have the same concerns about it as i'll be getting an Iphone 5 when it comes out. I looked on the pioneer website and they have stated they will update the software when available.

Yup that exact reason £300 is a good deal. I have no worries about the bluetooth stuff but the new iphone is going to have a different connector....:(

davefaedeen 31 August 2012 08:56 AM

whats the cable for anyway is it just a charger cable...

for example can i have my ipod connected and my iphone over bluetooth??

amh82 31 August 2012 09:03 AM

I'm interested in this HU as well, seems decent enough for the price.

Does anyone know if you can use it with an ipod & android phone at the same time? I'd want to link my SGS2 to it (to use Google maps unless the built in Sat Nav is any good?), but use my ipod for music.

davefaedeen 31 August 2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by amh82 (Post 10771111)

Does anyone know if you can use it with an ipod & android phone at the same time? I'd want to link my SGS2 to it (to use Google maps unless the built in Sat Nav is any good?), but use my ipod for music.

exactly what I want to do but with a Iphone...

davefaedeen 31 August 2012 04:13 PM

think am going to go for it??

amh82 02 September 2012 10:03 PM

Let us know how you get on if you do go for it Dave :)

davefaedeen 02 September 2012 10:08 PM

Will do, I will get it fitted this week!

Bugeyeruss 06 September 2012 10:56 AM

anyone had this fitted yet? was looking at popping out today and getting one

davefaedeen 06 September 2012 12:30 PM

Am getting it fitted tomorrow halfrauds just put the price up!! Lucky I paid for it last week!!

dresser 06 September 2012 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by amh82 (Post 10771111)

I just fitted one, and yes you can use an android phone aswell as i phone as you get a seperate hdmi input.

Rob.

Bugeyeruss 06 September 2012 12:59 PM

Just been into halfords and might go for the Sony 601 instead, it has that Mirror feature for the iPhone

davefaedeen 06 September 2012 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bugeyeruss (Post 10779234)
Just been into halfords and might go for the Sony 601 instead, it has that Mirror feature for the iPhone

how does that work with Iphone apps? i though it was only compatible with Android phones??

Bugeyeruss 06 September 2012 01:12 PM

Not sure mate going to another store now to try one, the guy said it was ok with both

davefaedeen 06 September 2012 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bugeyeruss (Post 10779260)
Not sure mate going to another store now to try one, the guy said it was ok with both

cool let me know as sony's website says diff.