ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Petition to rename LOTR2 from "The Twin Towers" to something else (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/94785-petition-to-rename-lotr2-from-the-twin-towers-to-something-else.html)

SiCotty 10 May 2002 11:05 AM

World gone mad :(

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...d.cgi?twotower

Si

Seamus300 10 May 2002 11:07 AM

This wound me up until I went in and read some of the signatures, funniest stuff I've read in ages. I think the general consensus is to take the pi55...

ptholt 10 May 2002 11:08 AM

what a load of cobblers, quite how a book written in 1950 god knows what can be turned into a film, then accused of being tasteless is beyond me, pc'ness gone mad methinks.

astraboy 10 May 2002 11:20 AM

I like this one the best:
3562. Grand Moff Tartersauce
I fell on a pole and it went through my stomach. I think I need a tetanus shot.
JR Token sux! When he got shot on "Dallas" I laughed really hard. That show sucked. I only watched it for Patrick Duffy who was cool as the Man from Atlanta. Tokin just wants to cash in on "Two Tower" mania so he can sell stuff at KFC and Taco Hell. I dunno know about you, but I'm not going to see the movie at all more than two or three times. I'd say 3 times tops and only cause Peter Jackman was so good in X-men. 'nuff said. Excelsior. Kirk out.
:D
astraboy.

Brendan Hughes 10 May 2002 11:20 AM

LMFAO at some of the signatures! :D:D Funniest site I've seen in ages!

Markus 10 May 2002 11:49 AM

This is a wind up? right?

I'm sorry but get a bloody grip! next thing they'll be pettitioning hollywood to digitally edit every film that has a scene with the twin towers in it to remove said towers from it!

Dracoro 10 May 2002 12:05 PM

This one is great....
'Yes - rename it NOW. Similary, as I am plagued by acute hemorrhoids, I also find 'Lord of the RINGS' pretty offensive as well. That should be renamed retrospectively. 'Black Beauty' is racist, and let's not even think about how 'Gone With the Wind' can upset those plagued by their partner's overactive bottom.'........
LOL LOL LOL :D:D:D

They should rename the twin towers as it's obviously trying to cash in on the book by Tolkien.

carl 10 May 2002 01:41 PM

My fave:

Listen up you f*cks, whoever is stupid enough to think the name should be changed can eat my sh*t, then sh*t out their sh*t, then eat their sh*t thats made out of their sh*t and my sh*t. \m/

BarryK 10 May 2002 02:10 PM

It's not called the Twin Towers.

Err.........

That's it.

Geezer 10 May 2002 03:03 PM

2244. J.R.R. Tolkien I am now rolling over
2264. Mchael Flatley Yes! I suggest it be renamed to 'Lord of the Dance'
2236. Gollum what has it gots in its pocketses?
I have just spent the last hour pissing myself out loud in the office reading this stuff. If only I had time to read all 3583 replies!!

Classic stuff

Only in America

MichelleWRX1994 10 May 2002 03:29 PM

ROTFL :D

I think I shall wander off over there...... ;)

Who me??? Never ;)

Brendan Hughes 10 May 2002 04:18 PM

2134. Ladies and Gentleman. We have reviewed this petition in full, and considered your request. However, in light of the fact that the title of the movie was taken from the book from with it was derived, we see no relation to the events of 9/11. However, in order to even out this trend of sorrow, we have decided to put an alternate ending on dvd, with the Fellowship flying to afghanistan shooting people, while screaming things like "Long live the red, white and blue." "Down with the towel heads" and "FOR FREEDOM." We feel that this new ending should satisfy those who experience an angst ridden reaction to the title of the film. Thanks for your support.

:D:D:D

cryptwalk 10 May 2002 05:38 PM

Yes - rename it NOW. Similary, as I am plagued by acute hemorrhoids, I also find 'Lord of the RINGS' pretty offensive as well. That should be renamed retrospectively. 'Black Beauty' is racist, and let's not even think about how 'Gone With the Wind' can upset those plagued by their partner's overactive bottom.
LOL Classic.:D:D:D

CrisPDuk 10 May 2002 11:23 PM

3330. Peter Jackson - Ok, ok. You all convinced me. I am renaming the movie "Anthrax Mailbag and the Shoe-Bomb Terrorists". I hope this satisfies everyone.

3332. George Lucas - We are considering renaming Attack of the Clones to "Twin Towers Raid", whos up for it?

ROTFLMFAO! This is the funniest thing I have seen in ages

ChrisB 11 May 2002 12:41 AM

Oh my word, I'm crying :D :D

Funkii Munkii 11 May 2002 07:45 AM

And I thought our spelling was a bit ropey on here, its attrocious
"I live in newzealand (yes one word) and i wrecking (reckon)hard luck you sucky amertcfians (americans?)

They should publish this it would make great reading for all toilets :D

Dave