ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Update to Tunnel Run 2012 and Billingsgate Parking (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/947177-update-to-tunnel-run-2012-and-billingsgate-parking.html)

lorrainecallison 20 August 2012 10:13 PM

Update to Tunnel Run 2012 and Billingsgate Parking

As posted on the original tunnel run thread, this event is set to take place on Saturday October 27th :)

However......... for the past 2 years we have been able to use the parking facilities at Billingsgate Market for our stop off at McDonalds, which has been a great help in providing people with safe parking and avoiding congestion around the McDonalds roundabout and possible run-ins with police. So today I contacted the woman at Billingsgate who I had liaised with last year and who was very helpful, only to be told that this year we could not use the car park there. After a few emails back and forth, she eventually told me that the problem was that last year there been issues with noise levels (well hey ho, what else can you expect with 150 + subarus :rolleyes:) but mainly the issue was that some people had been seen urinating on the site :o

Well WTF is the matter with these people :mad: Too lazy to walk barely 100 yards to the toilets at McDonalds? Or too macho to do anything so civilised as using a toilet? So whoever you are, I hope you're pleased with yourself for ruining this part of the event which most people have commented has made it a lot more enjoyable and stress free this last 2 years.

So we are back to the scenario of parking in the road for the McDonalds stop off :(

Rant over - for now

ron_uk2000 20 August 2012 11:56 PM

Not to worry :wonder:

I've got a new location in mind with a bigger carpark and a 24 hour Mcdonalds and Asda too :D :D

New route will be planned :thumb:

Scoobysmeet 21 August 2012 07:43 AM

Well that is really bad. I hope Ron can save the day lol. Lorraine if can help out at all just let me know ok although I do get married a week before lol

dannyboygti 21 August 2012 09:40 AM

ron u need to communitcate with the others 1st before deciding if its the right route as lorraine and wongy have been doing this along time

dannyboygti 21 August 2012 09:46 AM

i shall be helping abit with this years run in the little bit of spare time i have lol

i did mention to lorraine a while back about getting proper pictures taken of the cars and getting the blown up just a case of gettin the right place for light and things would any1 be intrested in big blown up pictures of there cars that can be framed ?

Scoobysmeet 21 August 2012 10:17 AM

That sounds really good I definitely would be interested in that mate :thumb:

AWG 21 August 2012 11:39 AM

From what I remember there wasn't even a long queue for the macdonalds toilet! Some people are so lazy :(

Well you managed to organise a very enjoyable night last year so if it's anything like 2011's it'll be worth it :notworthy

wongy 21 August 2012 11:42 AM

It is a shame we can't use the car park this year but hopefully will be just as good as the years before :)

Scoobysmeet 21 August 2012 01:20 PM

I'm sure it will jadon, what's up with your car mate?

ron_uk2000 21 August 2012 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by dannyboygti (Post 10758494)
ron u need to communitcate with the others 1st before deciding if its the right route as lorraine and wongy have been doing this along time

Yep i'm in contact with Lorraine :thumb:

She will have final say :notworthy

The route is not going to change that much from 2011

Just needs a slight re-route to new re-group place :thumb:

We can't be parking up and clogging up the roads in and around McDonalds. Police do have the powers to move you on if your causing a obstruction on any road !

I'm planning on making TomTom and Garmin route maps,
I'll provide route download links for TomTom / Garmin and instructions
so you can upload them onto your GPS system :thumb:

Hopefully :eek:

I don't want to tread on anyone toes on here ! I asked Lorraine how i could help, and the parking blowout from Billingsgate Market was a problem for her, so i said i'll have a look into it.
I know Wozzaa done the route last time , so i'll step aside if he wants to take the reins on this again :thumb:

SirFozzalot 21 August 2012 06:23 PM

I was involved in the very early tunnel runs (including the very first officially organised run) around the East end of London. We used to do them on Sundays during the day back then before the switch to the October night time run. If I can be of any assistance, let me know. :)

wongy 21 August 2012 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobysmeet (Post 10758727)
I'm sure it will jadon, what's up with your car mate?

Think it's just a dead battery but haven't had time to sort it out really on shift work at the moment and sorting out moving as well has taken up most of my time

Ron your not treading on any toes mate any help is welcome :) wozza has taken a step back to let a few of us run the event, I'll still be doing the stickers for the night :)

Scoobysmeet 21 August 2012 07:15 PM

Mate moving house is a killer on its own without having to work shifts. Hope it all works out soon.
Glad to see lots of people getting involved with this. Shows there is plenty of ESC spirit still alive and kicking out there.

wongy 21 August 2012 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobysmeet (Post 10759161)
Mate moving house is a killer on its own without having to work shifts. Hope it all works out soon.
Glad to see lots of people getting involved with this. Shows there is plenty of ESC spirit still alive and kicking out there.

I know found that out indeed had pull out From an offer we made as was too work needed doing to the house after the survey came back, so lost the money for that and looked for another, which we liked and made an offer and. Ow just waiting for them to find a house now as the house they liked is now sold so they are back to square one,

It is good to see the spirit is still there in the club :thumb:

Nate 21 August 2012 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by wongy (Post 10759253)
I know found that out indeed had pull out From an offer we made as was too work needed doing to the house after the survey came back, so lost the money for that and looked for another, which we liked and made an offer and. Ow just waiting for them to find a house now as the house they liked is now sold so they are back to square one,

It is good to see the spirit is still there in the club :thumb:

You viewed my neighbours didn't you ........ But were put off by that loud git next door with a Black Scooby :)

wongy 21 August 2012 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 10759270)
You viewed my neighbours didn't you ........ But were put off by that loud git next door with a Black Scooby :)

Yes we did indeed mate, the horn maybe :D but yeah was abit of work we felt inside that needed doing and for the price, have they found a buyer yet ?

lorrainecallison 21 August 2012 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by ron_uk2000 (Post 10759006)
Yep i'm in contact with Lorraine :thumb:

She will have final say :notworthy

Ron!! Allowing me to have final say on a route decision could be potentially disastrous as you well know :lol1:

I am very grateful to you for your work on this, looks like we are getting a good team effort going on here :

Jason - Sticker man
Ron - Route man
Lorraine - general organisation
Danny - ditto plus ? 'photo shoot' at Thurrock

lorrainecallison 21 August 2012 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot (Post 10759107)
I was involved in the very early tunnel runs (including the very first officially organised run) around the East end of London. We used to do them on Sundays during the day back then before the switch to the October night time run. If I can be of any assistance, let me know. :)

That's great, thank you, we may need to take you up on that! And if you notice some things we are going wrong with, please feel free to point them out ;)

wongy 21 August 2012 08:52 PM

Remember we nigt a couple of guys to do a test run maybe a week before to see any road works or anything might on route :)

AWG 21 August 2012 08:55 PM

Danny -long shot but was you taking photos last year? I remember seeing a guy holding a monopod in the air taking aerial shots!!!

lorrainecallison 21 August 2012 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by wongy (Post 10759313)
Remember we nigt a couple of guys to do a test run maybe a week before to see any road works or anything might on route :)

Yes, might be worth doing that again :thumb:

ScoobyMaz 21 August 2012 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by lorrainecallison (Post 10759332)
Yes, might be worth doing that again :thumb:

We used to do "trial" runs after the posers meet in August and September to try out different routes. You can normally get a few volunteers to tag along. ;-)

Nate 21 August 2012 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by wongy (Post 10759279)
Yes we did indeed mate, the horn maybe :D but yeah was abit of work we felt inside that needed doing and for the price, have they found a buyer yet ?

No, still For Sale. I did say to them that if I knew someone was coming, I would get my axe out and sharpen it up on the drive saying 'They let me out at the weekends' :D

Milamber 21 August 2012 10:43 PM

Good luck with this, fond memories of the biggest night of the Scooby calendar :notworthy

AWG 21 August 2012 10:51 PM

I'm game for a recon drive one night with a few others

maz_man 22 August 2012 06:04 AM

Being a noob at this what tunnels normally get used? I know that there arnt that many so I hav a rough idea but just wanna know really.

Scoobysmeet 22 August 2012 10:25 AM

Blackwall tunnel, rotherhithe tunnel twice limehouse link then a couple of blasts through the Dartford tunnel. Best night of the year! You won't believe your eyes when you see all the scoobs at the a13 services!

wongy 22 August 2012 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 10759457)
No, still For Sale. I did say to them that if I knew someone was coming, I would get my axe out and sharpen it up on the drive saying 'They let me out at the weekends' :D

:lol:

FLAT ERIC 23 August 2012 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Scoobysmeet (Post 10759808)
Blackwall tunnel, rotherhithe tunnel twice limehouse link then a couple of blasts through the Dartford tunnel. Best night of the year! You won't believe your eyes when you see all the scoobs at the a13 services!

This was Thurrock services last year. Make sure you have the sound turned up. :thumb:

Scoobysmeet 23 August 2012 06:19 AM

I never realised you was doing the video Mark. Do you think you will go on the run still this year?