ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Launch control not working after 6 speed conversion (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/946913-launch-control-not-working-after-6-speed-conversion.html)

**jay** 18 August 2012 01:27 PM

Launch control not working after 6 speed conversion

Not a thing that i use much, but was trying it the other night, its the first time ive tried it since fitting my 6 speed but wont hold revs, will this need to be mapped back in on my simtek?
Cheers
Jay

sssssteeeee 18 August 2012 03:05 PM

hi jay,id try steve simpson. i had alcatek fitted but decided against the anti lag /launch control due to my standard 5 speed box.i see u have an sti 6 speed( safer ) by far. my gearbox and diffs prob go bang fairly quick. theres a hell of a lot of pressure delivered to it when we boost,mines set 1.8 bar on boost. not sure about the revs holding, i was advised they sit at 4000 then of u go. so try steve simpson or thwaites in warwick.simon ast jolly green monster knows hes stuff as well.

bennytyper 18 August 2012 03:26 PM

Have u tried stamping on the pedal? May sound silly but I have
L C on mine (although its syvecs) and you have to stamp the throttle down for it to engage.
Will not kick in if you 'rev' up slowly. Also mine holds at 5500rpm

**jay** 18 August 2012 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by bennytyper (Post 10755186)
Have u tried stamping on the pedal? May sound silly but I have
L C on mine (although its syvecs) and you have to stamp the throttle down for it to engage.
Will not kick in if you 'rev' up slowly. Also mine holds at 5500rpm

Only used it once before on the 5 speed but was scared to destroy the box so only done one run with it, tried to get it to hold revs in first but its just reving passed the 5700 rpm that it was set for before, its not too important as its due to get a lot of work done soon so will need remapping and can get it looked at then, just seems strange for it to have stopped working after the box change.
Jay

JDM_Stig 18 August 2012 03:42 PM

Is your speedo working ok ?

**jay** 18 August 2012 03:55 PM

Yeh speedo is fine, does the simtek know what gear its in? or has the 6 speed confused it if it was mapped when the 5 speed was in?

JDM_Stig 18 August 2012 04:39 PM

On a standard ecu when patched for LC its activated by 0 mph and then you set the delta LC rpm from what the main limiter is, if the speedo wasnt working or showing say 2 mph then the ecu wouldnt activate the LC.

Turbotits 18 August 2012 05:57 PM

Probably somthing to do with the neutral position switch. I believe the polarity need setting up correctly in the ecu

**jay** 18 August 2012 06:56 PM

Cheers for the reply guys, its not too important i will wait until its mapped again and see whats what with it then.
Cheers
Jay

**jay** 18 August 2012 06:56 PM

Jolly Green Monster 18 August 2012 07:45 PM

Neutral position polarity different.

Either return to mapper who can alter.

Or seek out the wiring diagram for ecu, cut np wire and wire to a switch, ground to activate :)

**jay** 18 August 2012 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster (Post 10755442)
Neutral position polarity different.

Either return to mapper who can alter.

Or seek out the wiring diagram for ecu, cut np wire and wire to a switch, ground to activate :)

Cheers simon, it was yourself that mapped it when the previous owner had it, it runs very well, i can live without the launch control just now, as it will need mapped again once i go for a bit more out of it.
Cheers
Jay

Jolly Green Monster 18 August 2012 08:27 PM

No problem