ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   what can i expect increase wise (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/945663-what-can-i-expect-increase-wise.html)

kezwaldo 07 August 2012 12:58 PM

what can i expect increase wise

got a cat back exhaust being put on at weekend with my green cotton filter also a walbro pump ............what increase bhp can i expect with a remap with just these small changes???? didnt want to do the turbo back for mot reasons and hassle of swapping it back .........and only after a modest increase will this acheive much???

tubbytommy 07 August 2012 01:00 PM

28.8 bhp

kezwaldo 07 August 2012 01:08 PM

thats a bit exact isnt it is that a common figure then.........lol id be happy with that ,,,that would bring me up to about 245 bhp around what i want just so i can fend off them vxrs a bit easier........

tubbytommy 07 August 2012 01:10 PM

depends on the car and if it has already had a map

kezwaldo 07 August 2012 01:11 PM

no mate she is as standard as they come even has the scooby cassette player

tubbytommy 07 August 2012 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by kezwaldo (Post 10740798)
no mate she is as standard as they come even has the scooby cassette player

your missing the point, yes its a subaru, but which model
wrx
sti
22b
spec c
sport.............

bug
blob
hawk
classic
hatch...............

kezwaldo 07 August 2012 01:17 PM

soory mate its a subaru 2000 turbo 1999 model so the slightly more powerful one

craigo 07 August 2012 01:20 PM

Pipe, slippers and popcorn :D

kezwaldo 07 August 2012 01:22 PM

???????????????? mite be the lowest grade scoob but is my first and hope of many more after i learn a bit mre about these cars

craigo 07 August 2012 01:30 PM

The fat man knew what i meant :norty:

Who is mapping your scoob and how have they advised you ?

kezwaldo 07 August 2012 01:36 PM

had no advice yet mate its why im on here now asking to get some info i know turbo back will give better results but hassle to change back for mot .......just want to know is it a waste of time and money remapping the car with out turbo back ......but i will be leaving it like that for the future ......just thought id surely get some extra power with the filter ,pump and cat back system with a remap

craigo 07 August 2012 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by kezwaldo (Post 10740833)
had no advice yet mate its why im on here now asking to get some info i know turbo back will give better results but hassle to change back for mot .......just want to know is it a waste of time and money remapping the car with out turbo back ......but i will be leaving it like that for the future ......just thought id surely get some extra power with the filter ,pump and cat back system with a remap

Sure you will get more power with better breathing, me i would do turbo back before mapping it. Maybe find a friendly garage for mot, but def do everything you need want before the map. A local garage might be able to swap exhaust if you cant, it can be a bitch of a job. Be advised, only change parts if you also will get map to suit them.

kezwaldo 07 August 2012 01:48 PM

sounds all so complicated really could do with some one with a good 2000 turbo setup to advie me on this site..........i hear what you are saying i.e some exhausts and filter wont like certain remaps etc

craigo 07 August 2012 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by kezwaldo (Post 10740850)
sounds all so complicated really could do with some one with a good 2000 turbo setup to advie me on this site..........i hear what you are saying i.e some exhausts and filter wont like certain remaps etc

No mate, im not saying that at all. Best you get involved in your local club in Essex... talk face to face, get the advice...

kezwaldo 07 August 2012 01:56 PM

ok thanks pal going to first meet on 25th cheers

craigo 07 August 2012 01:57 PM

Send Essexdon an im, he is in your area :thumb:

RICK... 07 August 2012 02:03 PM

Mine had full exhaust with sports cat down pipe, green cotton filter and made 263bhp.

Sports cat is the way forward... never had any issue with MOT.

MattyB1983 07 August 2012 04:02 PM

Full de-cat will see best gains but will need to be changed for MOT. If you have a jack and set of spanners it's literally a 10 minute job.
Sport cat is good, will flow better than standard cat and pass MOT but they are expensive and won't quite see the gains of a de-cat.

Take the advice from your other threads and use either of the above and you'll see power anywhere between 260bhp and 290bhp if the mapper is half decent.
Or use Tony the self mapper for £30 and you should end up with about 170bhp....lol....