ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Polar Performance Chip On a 7D Ecu (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/945534-polar-performance-chip-on-a-7d-ecu.html)

Stu24 06 August 2012 02:56 PM

Polar Performance Chip On a 7D Ecu

hi does anyone have any ideas what this is capable of?
the full details of the chip are as follows IMP-ECU-S2-V21 284C
i cannot find much info on these

Stu24 07 August 2012 11:45 AM

i have read a bit up on these from the scooby net archive but still a little unsure.
can i get away with 380cc to 440cc without a remap?
i will however be looking into an ecu with a esl when funds are a little better

timmyajmy93wrx 07 August 2012 11:52 AM

im pretty sure its set to run with standard parts but you can run an air filter & decat to help out.
I had it on my 1st scoob & thats what mine ran with. I also have the same chip from major_sarcasm on here set up the same with my current scoob.

edit to say 280bhp is a conservative estimate for the power with the chip but all depends on the condition of your engine & parts etc

unless its the mappable version that was installed then your stuck as above. but i know a mate has a mappable one that he uses in his so any alterations made will need a remap to be on the safe side i would have thought.

Stu24 07 August 2012 12:01 PM

thanks for your advise :-)
i'm not sure if its a mappable one hence i listed the details from the chip
i currently have a TD05-16G Turbo, K&N induction kit, FMIC & a full decat system

timmyajmy93wrx 07 August 2012 12:24 PM

if its running well & it is a plug & play chip then that will be it. You will need a mappable chip/ecu if you are going to change more items like injectors

Stu24 07 August 2012 12:35 PM

ok no worries thanks i will invest in a mappable one when i can before doing future mods

N_Scooby 07 August 2012 12:43 PM

Quick google revealed your ecu is UK MY95/96 so should be 4 plug early ecu with room for the chip. The ecu may have the carrier soldered in already as some did.

The Polar Performance chip should work well with your set up as that is basically what I was running on my old MY95 WRX. The PP chip will only run standard 380cc injectors.

I added a Dawes Device which was tweaked ever so slightly on a rolling road to give me a true 1.1 bar of boost, while checking fuelling was still correct. My car made 303bhp / 290 ft/lbs torque.

N_Scooby 07 August 2012 12:47 PM

^^ Mis-read. You already have the chip fitted!!

The rest of the info is correct though and should give you an idea of performance.

I ran mine for years as above with no problems at all. I spoke to Scott T (of Polar Performance) about what mods he recommended before purchasing my chip from him.

Stu24 07 August 2012 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by N_Scooby (Post 10740765)
^^ Mis-read. You already have the chip fitted!!

The rest of the info is correct though and should give you an idea of performance.

I ran mine for years as above with no problems at all. I spoke to Scott T (of Polar Performance) about what mods he recommended before purchasing my chip from him.

awesome many thanks for the advice :luxhello:

Scott.T 31 August 2012 10:27 PM

That is the correct chip for the car/ecu and is capable of running decat, filter, standard 380cc injectors and the standard TD05-16G turbo.
None of these chips were officially mapped to run with a FMIC but people have fitted them to such vehicles or retrospectivly fitted FMIC with no ill effects.
Suprised you havn't found much info on here as I used to spend half my life on here discussing them.

Stu24 01 September 2012 06:20 AM

Many thanks :-)

Stu24 05 September 2012 09:40 AM

i was just thinking would a 1.7 bar map sensor be a benefit as the one i have cuts out at 1.1 bar

yabbadoo4 05 September 2012 09:52 AM

just get a sensor from a my98> onwards car as they will allow boost to 1.6 bar i believe and will be cheap as chips to buy 2nd hand

Stu24 05 September 2012 09:58 AM

i do have one but just wondered if it would be ok

Scott.T 16 September 2012 09:07 AM

A later Map sensor does allow you to run more boost but the chip needs to be modified to suite the new map sensors profile. So not plug'n'play.

Stu24 16 September 2012 10:31 AM

OK no worries thanks for the update

Stu24 12 January 2013 03:28 PM

hi does anyone know the adverse affects of running a later spec map sensor?
also I thought these chips were non programmable once they were in correct me if I'm wrong?
I'm looking to upgrade to 440's but I fear a new ecu will be required

jason_2013 13 January 2013 08:05 PM

It is possible to get a new image on the chip, but not likely to find anyone who does this. You will need a new map for bigger injectors so most likely you'll get a mappable ecu.

Stu24 13 January 2013 09:07 PM

ok no worries thanks for the advise.
guess I'm going to just have to hold fire on putting the later spec map sensor and 440 injectors