ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Olympics slated on Russia today (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/944551-olympics-slated-on-russia-today.html)

Luan Pra bang 28 July 2012 08:40 AM

Olympics slated on Russia today

I cannot help but think someone in Russia is upset, RT had a whole slot today slating the London Olympics. They also reported with glee about 50 cyclists being pepper sprayed by police.

hodgy0_2 28 July 2012 09:03 AM

no wonder the Russians did not get the opening, they have no sense of irony (which is admittedly is not easy) but no sense of humor either

Ant 28 July 2012 09:06 AM

Lets all ask this question.

Who gives a **** what the Russians think!?

Rescue Dude 28 July 2012 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10726733)
Lets all ask this question.

Who gives a **** what the Russians think!?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19023104

It seems the BBC do.

Ant 28 July 2012 09:58 AM

So people was arrested on the "outskirts " of the Olympic park :lol1: , must be Olympic related.

stedee 28 July 2012 10:06 AM

russia is a proud nation with nothing to be proud about

DYK 28 July 2012 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by stedee (Post 10726794)
russia is a proud nation with nothing to be proud about

AK47
Vodka
Fit Women..

Boro 28 July 2012 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rescue Dude (Post 10726752)

It's sounds like the cyclists were stirring it up a bit. Some got arrested, some went home instead. Maybe they all should have gone home and not been such douchebags. Fcuking cyclists lol

CrisPDuk 28 July 2012 12:29 PM

Whereas to me it reads like the Met decided once again to go all 'Police State' at an event that probably only needed a token presence. Just because it happened to be on the same night as a big event elsewhere in town :rolleyes:

I'm sure there were people in that group intending to use it as an excuse to cause trouble, but I'm also sure it would have been possible to spot and remove them rather than massively overreact in the manner they did :wonder:

The whole 'kettling' thing, even the term, stinks of police entrapment to me anyway :nono:

The way they force everybody into an enclosed space, allowing them no way of leaving peaceably, and refusing to communicate in any way with them, then waiting for the pressure to build and arresting anyone who dares to complain. If that's not a recipe for instilling contempt for the Police within the general public, I don't know what is :wonder:

Rescue Dude 28 July 2012 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 10726920)
Whereas to me it reads like the Met decided once again to go all 'Police State' at an event that probably only needed a token presence. Just because it happened to be on the same night as a big event elsewhere in town :rolleyes:

I'm sure there were people in that group intending to use it as an excuse to cause trouble, but I'm also sure it would have been possible to spot and remove them rather than massively overreact in the manner they did :wonder:

The whole 'kettling' thing, even the term, stinks of police entrapment to me anyway :nono:

The way they force everybody into an enclosed space, allowing them no way of leaving peaceably, and refusing to communicate in any way with them, then waiting for the pressure to build and arresting anyone who dares to complain. If that's not a recipe for instilling contempt for the Police within the general public, I don't know what is :wonder:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Boro 28 July 2012 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 10726920)

I read they usually have a token presence for their monthly bike ride. Being the olympics they obviously thought they needed a bigger than normal presence and who can blame them with the world watching.

Surely the organisers of the bike ride would have thought "hang on a minute, the olympics is in town, maybe we should have a little think about this..."

Nahhh, let's just do it anyway!

Ant 28 July 2012 01:46 PM

Exactly! Wouldnt of Hurt to re-schedule it.

scud8 28 July 2012 03:55 PM

I'd like to know how often in the past Critical Mass have decided to cycle to Stratford. My guess would be not often if at all.