ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Dog sneezing (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/944479-dog-sneezing.html)

sonic93 27 July 2012 01:35 PM

Dog sneezing

Hi guys wondered if anyone knows anything about dogs. I took dog down the fields yesterday and he started sneezing like mad I give him pitoton to see if it hay fever or something. Last night when asleep he woke to have a sneezing fit . This morning he been ok still being his normal self sneezed like 3 times but is it worth taking him to vets yet? Think he prob got a grass seed up his nose hoping he will clear it while he sneezing any ideas? Cheers rob

bustaMOVEs 27 July 2012 01:39 PM

Just take him to vets to be sure as we all love our dogs and better getting to the problem sooner rather than later.

sonic93 27 July 2012 07:40 PM

Took him they recon he now got rid of it lol so cost me 30 quid for nothing lol

bustaMOVEs 27 July 2012 07:47 PM

Damm, was it hay fever then? Suppose you know he's ok though. £25 for a check up at vets 4 pets

sonic93 27 July 2012 07:52 PM

Yes exactly Im nothing wrong stupid attention seeking dog think he played on it to sulking. I get in vets and he s fine running around sniffing licking everything lol .

bustaMOVEs 27 July 2012 07:58 PM

Typical lol

RobsyUK 28 July 2012 10:10 AM

You gave him a human pitaton? Is that a hay fever. Tablet

sonic93 28 July 2012 10:53 AM

Yep it works my dog used to get all lumps over him when been In certain fields like a allergic reaction got told give him half from a vet used to bring him straight down .

CharlySkunkWeed 28 July 2012 11:52 AM

last year my dog came in from the garden with its eye swollen , and one side off its mouth. Thought it had been stung . Got antihistamine off vet (hayfever tab) and it cleared. Its amazing what human meds get used on pets . My last dog had epilepsy meds , and if she had a fit we had some diazapan to relax her !

CrisPDuk 28 July 2012 01:24 PM

Not all human drugs work on dogs, some can even have a harmful effect (aspirin for one) so don't do so unless advised by a vet.

CharlySkunkWeed 28 July 2012 01:49 PM

well said (thought it was obvious , but u know what some people are like)

STi8 28 July 2012 04:10 PM

It was probably a seed got up there, and was eventually sneezed out. It's a worry when they sneeze so hard they head butt the floor.

Turbohot 28 July 2012 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by sonic93 (Post 10726078)
Yes exactly Im nothing wrong stupid attention seeking dog think he played on it to sulking. I get in vets and he s fine running around sniffing licking everything lol .

My son's staffy is also a good actor. He was sneezing like hell last week. So we took him to the vet. In the waiting room, he started to do his comedy act i.e. spinning around after his own tail. :cuckoo: It did go on much longer than usual. We were shouting- "Jake! Jake! Stop it!" But no! Once that stopped (thank God!), the vet who was p!ssing himself laughing at this tail chasing phenomenon checked him here and there, and told us that he was perfectly fine. I asked the vet if the dog needed some special mental health check because of his bizarre behaviour. He told me not to worry about it at all. Our Jake is only 2 years old. Apparently SBTs start to lose it when they get very close to their end of life period. So, for now, Jake is ok.

The other thing with our staffy is that he goes ballistic at the moths. He chases them like a bullet and hurts himself by slipping etc. He sets his mind on his target without thinking which surface he'd be landing on. His eyes follow the object, his mouth has to get it, doesn't matter if his body gets injured in the process. But the dog loves living in denial. He limps around without any whinge and cry. He continues to do his long walks with great zeal. Then after a day or two, he is back in full working order.

chocolate_o_brian 28 July 2012 05:06 PM

A while back my mums old Jack Russell developed a sneezing fit after being in a field on a long walkies. It was quite scary as the poor bugger didn't know what was happening and his nose started bleeding from the constant sneezing. Went straight to the vets as it was a lot of blood for a small dog and he pulled something prickly looking from inside his snout with tweezers. Sneezing stopped instantly and so did the nose bleed.

windyboy 30 July 2012 03:13 PM

Our black King Charles sneezes for attention, once you speak to him / stroke him he stops, he also sounds like he is choking sometimes but when you rub his throat or speak to him he stops, frightens the misses everytime.

specialx 30 July 2012 03:37 PM

Our 3 year old Sharpei gets hayfever during this time of year thus sneezing a lot my vet say he sees a lot of it and is nothing to worry about. :thumb:

Carlh 30 July 2012 03:40 PM

the reason why human meds work so well, is because they were tested on animals to begin with.

glad the dog is ok though, its nothing but worry when they fall ill.

Leslie 31 July 2012 02:53 PM

Sounds as though he is ok now which is a good thing. As others say, he probably sniffed up something which was irritating his nose.

Les :)

sonic93 31 July 2012 03:24 PM

He started again last night but again better today.

ScoobyWon't 31 July 2012 03:29 PM

My dog's got no nose...

Dave1980 31 July 2012 03:47 PM

Nothing to worry about, my cat does the same. gets hayfever the same as me :)

Bristol98 31 July 2012 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 10731526)
My dog's got no nose...

How does he smell? ;)

specialx 31 July 2012 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 10726959)
Not all human drugs work on dogs, some can even have a harmful effect (aspirin for one) so don't do so unless advised by a vet.

My Vet tells me to use Aspirin when my dog gets a fever etc works a treat.:wonder:

Twin Fields 31 July 2012 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 10731526)
My dog's got no nose...

Originally Posted by Bristol98 (Post 10731557)
How does he smell? ;)

Bloody terrible. :thumb:

Bristol98 01 August 2012 01:28 PM

:D:D:D

davefaedeen 01 August 2012 02:06 PM

be careful if you dog goes into corn field my mates dog got a wee corn stuck in its nose which caused the dog to sneaze and cough for days,, after a visit to the vet the poor mutt needed surgery to get the dam thing out almost £1000 !!!