ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   How to identify and confirm a PPP on my52 WRX (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/944014-how-to-identify-and-confirm-a-ppp-on-my52-wrx.html)

Kennyboyd31 23 July 2012 03:11 PM

How to identify and confirm a PPP on my52 WRX

Hi everyone

I bought mr Bugeye from a dealer, who did not have a clue. This is my first Impreza.
she has a prodrive back box and the blue intercooler Y-pipe. Is there a simple way that I can identify if it has the prodrive ECU upgrade.
I have searched but cant find anything.

Cheers in advance

Kenny

CharlySkunkWeed 23 July 2012 03:33 PM

you get a certificate . With the age of yours , even if its gone missing their records dont go back that far to get a copy. There may be parts that have been added that were part of the PPP , but they could all have been added by anyone along its journey to you. But if it was my car , and it had PPP fitted , i would be shoving that certificate in your face when i was selling it to you , so why would it be missing ? because it doent have PPP fitted (not by Prodrive at least) Im not saying you dont have all the bits , just not fitted by Prodrive. In that case , its not even worth bothering to worry about , unless you just want to know if you have parts you could sell/buy.

MattyB1983 23 July 2012 05:29 PM

Don't they have a sticker on the inside of the door somewhere ?
And one on the ecu I believe.

Athame1 23 July 2012 10:49 PM

Here is the phone number subaru gave me to check if it is 0121 5222 000 you will need to give them the vin number of the car,they will confirm if ppp and send you new certificate(its what i did :thumb:)

hope this helps

CharlySkunkWeed 23 July 2012 11:03 PM

i rang Prodrive , and Subaru (something-or-other) and the original dealer , and none of them could tell me. They said they computerised their records in 2004 (i think) and anything before that wasnt kept. As mine is 2002 , it wasnt available. This may all be rubbish , but thats what they said about 4 months ago. If the OP succeeds , i will also give it a go (thought i am past caring)

Kennyboyd31 23 July 2012 11:17 PM

Prodrive confirmed that the PPP was fitted by them in Oct 03. They were extremely helpful.

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed (Post 10719968)
you get a certificate . With the age of yours , even if its gone missing their records dont go back that far to get a copy. There may be parts that have been added that were part of the PPP , but they could all have been added by anyone along its journey to you. But if it was my car , and it had PPP fitted , i would be shoving that certificate in your face when i was selling it to you , so why would it be missing ? because it doent have PPP fitted (not by Prodrive at least) Im not saying you dont have all the bits , just not fitted by Prodrive. In that case , its not even worth bothering to worry about , unless you just want to know if you have parts you could sell/buy.

Kennyboyd31 23 July 2012 11:19 PM

Cheers

I was told to get a copy of the certificate, I need to go to a Subaru dealer to have them request it on my behalf?? I'm gonna call back tomorrow and speak to somebody else. Don't see why I need to do it through a dealer.

Originally Posted by Athame1 (Post 10720628)
Here is the phone number subaru gave me to check if it is 0121 5222 000 you will need to give them the vin number of the car,they will confirm if ppp and send you new certificate(its what i did :thumb:)

hope this helps

Kennyboyd31 23 July 2012 11:21 PM

I was a able to speak to somebody from tech support who could confirm and give me the details.

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed (Post 10720657)
i rang Prodrive , and Subaru (something-or-other) and the original dealer , and none of them could tell me. They said they computerised their records in 2004 (i think) and anything before that wasnt kept. As mine is 2002 , it wasnt available. This may all be rubbish , but thats what they said about 4 months ago. If the OP succeeds , i will also give it a go (thought i am past caring)

CharlySkunkWeed 23 July 2012 11:31 PM

lucky you. I dont think i can be bothered again , they obviously fobbed me off .

Kennyboyd31 23 July 2012 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed (Post 10720719)
lucky you. I dont think i can be bothered again , they obviously fobbed me off .

It took a few phone calls to different people. Here's the best number to call if your interested.

0121 747 4000

CharlySkunkWeed 24 July 2012 12:02 AM

cheers.

Athame1 24 July 2012 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Kennyboyd31 (Post 10720702)
Cheers

I was told to get a copy of the certificate, I need to go to a Subaru dealer to have them request it on my behalf?? I'm gonna call back tomorrow and speak to somebody else. Don't see why I need to do it through a dealer.

I didn't have to go to a dealer,phoned the number, certificate sent to me! took about three weeks (about a year ago)