ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Apple Must Publish Notice Samsung Didn’t Copy IPad (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/943470-apple-must-publish-notice-samsung-didn-t-copy-ipad.html)

Dedrater 18 July 2012 08:07 PM

Apple Must Publish Notice Samsung Didn’t Copy IPad

Ouch!

Apple Inc. (AAPL) was ordered by a judge to publish a notice on its U.K. website and in British newspapers alerting people to a ruling that Samsung Electronics Co. didn’t copy designs for the iPad.

The notice should outline the July 9 London court decision that Samsung’s Galaxy tablets don’t infringe Apple’s registered designs, Judge Colin Birss said today. It should be posted on Apple’s U.K. home page for six months and published in several newspapers and magazines to correct any impression the South Korea-based company was copying Apple’s product, Birss said.
The order means Apple will have to publish “an advertisement” for Samsung, Richard Hacon, a lawyer for Cupertino, California-based Apple, told the court. “No company likes to refer to a rival on its website.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...udge-says.html

richs2891 18 July 2012 08:31 PM

Looks like the judge is not an apple fanboy then !

A lesson to Apple that it cant be using its power and wealth to "bully" other manufactors whether rightly or wrongly for supposed infrigments of its copy rights ?

Richard

CREWJ 18 July 2012 08:32 PM

Can't wait to see the size of it.

JackClark 18 July 2012 08:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Silly Apple

Attachment 74800

jameswrx 18 July 2012 08:40 PM

Although I do think other companies have copied Apple to a certain degree, what the heck are thye supposed to do? Shape it like a giant penis?

It's going to look like that because of what it is. A bit like Mcihelin trying to stop Falken producing black round rubber things that resemble their tyres.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. They might look similar but they don't get the important bit right, the useability.

Turbohot 18 July 2012 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by jameswrx (Post 10713227)
Although I do think other companies have copied Apple to a certain degree, what the heck are thye supposed to do? Shape it like a giant penis?

:lol1:

It's going to look like that because of what it is. A bit like Mcihelin trying to stop Falken producing black round rubber things that resemble their tyres.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. They might look similar but they don't get the important bit right, the useability.
:cool:

Dedrater 18 July 2012 08:49 PM

Jack, have you looked at the internals of the Galaxy and Ipad? Superficial stuff like how a charger looks or how it is packaged is nothing in comparison, the picture also shows the US system which Apple do not hold the rights too and the microphones look completely different.

You may have been trolled with that picture.

JackClark 18 July 2012 08:57 PM

Are the internals copied too?

Dedrater 18 July 2012 09:01 PM

No

Geezer 18 July 2012 09:03 PM

I have an iPad2 and the power adapter looks nothing like that. I notice in that pic that you don't get a view of it with the Apple logo either.

I'm not saying Samsung haven't taken 'inspiration' from the iPad ;) (after all it is a great product), but I bet that little series of pictures doesn't really tell the whole truth.

Geezer

SirFozzalot 18 July 2012 09:06 PM

Honestly, other than the lawyers and über geeks.....who cares? :D

A company produces a device that sells millions, other companies make similar products, shock! Surely it's a good thing for us users, keeping the companies on their toes to keep producing better products to compete for our hard earned cash. :norty:

Dedrater 18 July 2012 09:07 PM

http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.c...&h=9999&crop=0

How much of that explode of an Ipad do Samsung make and patent. Do the same to a Galaxy, how much do Apple make and patent.

This is why Judges are getting pissed off.

hodgy0_2 18 July 2012 09:09 PM

The cable connector pic clearly shows that Samsung put the USB connected on the left and the device end on the right

So jack, how you can say they copied apple beggars belief quite frankly, as apple have designed it the other way round

Dedrater 18 July 2012 09:10 PM

....and if you lived in Australia they would be upside down, case closed

JackClark 18 July 2012 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dedrater (Post 10713282)
http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.c...&h=9999&crop=0

How much of that explode of an Ipad do Samsung make and patent. Do the same to a Galaxy, how much do Apple make and patent.

This is why Judges are getting pissed off.

I could fully understand where you're coming from if Apple didn't pay Samsung.

Anyhow, Samsung played a good game, I know a few suckers that bought a Tab and plenty more people will be won over by Samsung's epic marketing spend.

Dedrater 18 July 2012 09:25 PM

I have both, care to elaborate...

subaruturbo_18 18 July 2012 09:30 PM

I wonder why all of you get this worked up about it...

stevebt 18 July 2012 09:40 PM

But if you read the thread title they haven't :) So they copied a plug and a box?? For fecks sake how many LCD/Plasma tvs look similar in box, plug and looks as thats what they have to look like. As for the look of the apps isn't that what the persone who designs the app makes it look like?

Are apple copying HTC/ Sony etc as they had touch screen phones out long before apple. What apple did well was create the app store!

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10713214)

JackClark 18 July 2012 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 10713361)
But if you read the thread title they haven't :) So they copied a plug and a box?? For fecks sake how many LCD/Plasma tvs look similar in box, plug and looks as thats what they have to look like. As for the look of the apps isn't that what the persone who designs the app makes it look like?

Are apple copying HTC/ Sony etc as they had touch screen phones out long before apple. What apple did well was create the app store!

I posted that picture as a comical example, one you picked up on is particularly funny, those app icons are a cut and paste from an Apple device. Take a look at early Samsung Tab's and Phones, anyone but Stevie Wonder can see they blatantly copied.

Oh and if you think there was anything like the iPhone when the iPhone was released then more fool you.

You just can't get through to you Fandroids and your support for Korea.

stevebt 18 July 2012 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10713427)
I posted that picture as a comical example, one you picked up on is particularly funny,.

No you did't!! and i picked up on a few pictures but you just see what you want :D

JohnSmith 18 July 2012 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10713311)
I could fully understand where you're coming from if Apple didn't pay Samsung.

Anyhow, Samsung played a good game, I know a few suckers that bought a Tab and plenty more people will be won over by Samsung's epic marketing spend.

Apple haven't done any marketing then?

JohnSmith 18 July 2012 10:08 PM

I posted that picture as a comical example, one you picked up on is particularly funny, those app icons are a cut and paste from an Apple device. Take a look at early Samsung Tab's and Phones, anyone but Stevie Wonder can see they blatantly copied.

Oh and if you think there was anything like the iPhone when the iPhone was released then more fool you.

Tell me Jack

Has Apple sued or attempted to sue or is in the process of suing Google for writing Android with icons with rounded corners ?

Dedrater 18 July 2012 10:23 PM

I posted that picture as a comical example, one you picked up on is particularly funny, those app icons are a cut and paste from an Apple device.

How sure are you that the picture is not a photoshop, how sure are you on a scale of 1 to 100?

Dedrater 18 July 2012 10:31 PM

Just picked that titbit up. What are you on about now, is this raciest issues or you just do not like the weather?

jonc 18 July 2012 10:32 PM

:lol1: Serves Apple right for replacing "innovation" for litigation.

JackClark 18 July 2012 10:32 PM

You might have missed the word comical, I have no idea if it's real, but just got off the phone with Stevie, he says Samsung copy Apple.

John, Apple marketing is eclipsed by Samsung by a magnitude of lots. The Olympic Flame had a Samsung truck in front of it with a large iPad stuck on the side. Every night I see at least one Samsung TV advert.

As for patent law suits, I have no idea if and what Apple are currently suing who for what. But answer me this, who sues the most? Apple, Google or Microsoft?

JackClark 18 July 2012 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dedrater (Post 10713512)
Just picked that titbit up. What are you on about now, is this raciest issues or you just do not like the weather?

Racist, LOL.

JackClark 18 July 2012 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 10713514)
:lol1: Serves Apple right for replacing "innovation" for litigation.

Apple don't innovate, LOL.

http://www.patentlyapple.com/

JackClark 18 July 2012 10:36 PM

Lot of LOLing going on. Apple threads really do bring the loonies out of the woodwork.

Dedrater 18 July 2012 10:40 PM

Only you have said LOL