ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   born to race subaru movie! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/943424-born-to-race-subaru-movie.html)

zippy! 18 July 2012 01:52 PM

born to race subaru movie!
 
saw this film a while ago but dont think it was released in uk just wondered if anyone else has seen it? bit like fast and furious before it got stupid and went too far and without all the crap. its basically a white blobeye sti against a 2010 mustang shelby all the way through with a story thrown in. fair few other scoobys make appearences too :thumb: watch it free on this link well worth a watch believe me :cool: http://www.putlocker.com/file/0E0ABDCA982D9615#

Themexican 18 July 2012 01:56 PM

I saw it and didnt have high hopes but its not a bad watch. Rich kid vs hillbilly style, plenty of attention on the cars/driving etc. Only thing I felt was that the acting/production was a bit "channel 5" for me and the ending was a bit sucky.

the hamster 18 July 2012 01:57 PM

watched it online a few months ago and it wasnt bad. Bit cheesy in places but that white blob looked gorgeous.

zippy! 18 July 2012 02:01 PM


Originally Posted by Themexican (Post 10712547)
I saw it and didnt have high hopes but its not a bad watch. Rich kid vs hillbilly style, plenty of attention on the cars/driving etc. Only thing I felt was that the acting/production was a bit "channel 5" for me and the ending was a bit sucky.

i agree there mate the acting every now and then slips a bit but good film overall also the ending (not saying too much so doesn,t ruin it for others) could of been the other way around which would of been even worse lol :thumb:

the hamster 18 July 2012 02:04 PM

I agree with the channel 5 thing but they arent a-list actors. It didnt take away from the film tho and it was good entertainment. Might give it a 2nd watch :thumb:

zippy! 18 July 2012 05:02 PM

well worth a second watch!

chopperman 18 July 2012 06:25 PM

Another crap yank movie imo.

chrishigham 18 July 2012 07:20 PM

Just watched it, thanks for the link, I thought it was very Good.

Fleetster 18 July 2012 07:27 PM

i liked it :D

martin850 18 July 2012 07:33 PM

It's a cheesy fast and furious tokyo drift rip off but I loved it.

Fleetster 18 July 2012 07:43 PM

what other not well known car (impreza) related films like this do people know of?

dibbleyuk 18 July 2012 08:09 PM

Just watched it also while I am sat here at work waiting for a big print job to finish! Not a bad film if you remember its just a film 9sec scooby with standard top mount lol

mark type ra 18 July 2012 08:09 PM

just watched it remember watching a clip of this on you tube a while back forgot all about it not bad at all we all new it would be SCOOBY FTW though.

jimmyboycheck 18 July 2012 08:14 PM

I remember one bit. In the scooby he flat shifted, foot kept flat to the floor and changed gear and released clutch . Has anyone actually done that ha

chopperman 18 July 2012 08:21 PM


Originally Posted by jimmyboycheck (Post 10713151)
I remember one bit. In the scooby he flat shifted, foot kept flat to the floor and changed gear and released clutch . Has anyone actually done that ha

Yeah, all the time. it's a EcuTek RaceRom feature and its great :thumb:

zippy! 18 July 2012 08:30 PM

glad its been of interest to you lads overall i like it

brooky123 18 July 2012 09:02 PM

wicked film :-)

Carlh 19 July 2012 08:59 AM

i enjoyed it, if it didnt have a scooby in there, i would have thought it was a poor copy of tokyo drift, but it did have a scooby so is my favourite movie next to f&f

Tidgy 19 July 2012 09:37 AM

liked the scoobs and its an ok film, but def a B grade

crookedvulture 19 July 2012 09:54 AM

Some decent fanny saved it from being utterly awful :lol1:
Q= The Mom or the girlfriend ?

chopperman 19 July 2012 10:15 AM


Originally Posted by crookedvulture (Post 10713908)
Some decent fanny saved it from being utterly awful :lol1:
Q= The Mom or the girlfriend ?

Both and i want it filmed :lol1:

GoML-STi 25 July 2012 05:45 PM

Seen this last week. It's not a bad movie until you realise its bullsxxt and the car is standard.. the scooby runs 9s with the standard top mount intercooler still on WTF . Good job his bird was worth a poke..

Willowsdad 17 December 2013 12:04 PM

Watched this this morning on netflix. Definitely worth a watch if you're bored over Christmas, even if it's just for the cars.

stonejedi 17 December 2013 01:00 PM

Thanks zippy for the link I will give it a watch later on today.:thumb:SJ.

Tidgy 17 December 2013 01:02 PM

just make sure you have your board at the ready, you know, your cheese board :D

Shaid 17 December 2013 01:06 PM

I liked it.

It nearly made me want to get a blob.

Now I prefer a Mustang instead lol

T5NYW 17 December 2013 04:58 PM

There was a bloke in 2011-12 we met at Aces Cafe and at JAPFEST was after some scoobies to make a film in the UK

Not sure what happened to him?? Maybe white coats LOL

Tony.

scoobyboy1 17 December 2013 05:13 PM

Watched this last year on netflix!! At least the cars dont look OTT like fast and furious!! Pretty sure there was a nice grey Evo 8/9 at the beginning???

But you do notice when he in the scrap yard looking for a car to mod, he picks a bugeye WRX, and when they finish restoring the scoob, it finishes off a as a white STi

RS_Matt 17 December 2013 08:51 PM


Originally Posted by zippy! (Post 10712532)
saw this film a while ago but dont think it was released in uk just wondered if anyone else has seen it? bit like fast and furious before it got stupid and went too far and without all the crap. its basically a white blobeye sti against a 2010 mustang shelby all the way through with a story thrown in. fair few other scoobys make appearences too :thumb: watch it free on this link well worth a watch believe me :cool: http://www.putlocker.com/file/0E0ABDCA982D9615#

Loved Fast n Furious before it became an out and out heist genre.
1-4 epic.

RS_Matt 17 December 2013 08:54 PM


Originally Posted by crookedvulture (Post 10713908)
Some decent fanny saved it from being utterly awful :lol1:
Q= The Mom or the girlfriend ?

Visitor Q. Solid Jap flick.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:55 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands