ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/middlesex-subaru-owners-club-434/)
-   -   UXBRIDGE AUTO SHOW CANCELLED DUE TO A WATERLOGGED FIELD !! (https://www.scoobynet.com/middlesex-subaru-owners-club-434/942999-uxbridge-auto-show-cancelled-due-to-a-waterlogged-field.html)

M444GY 14 July 2012 04:11 PM

UXBRIDGE AUTO SHOW CANCELLED DUE TO A WATERLOGGED FIELD !!

:cry:THE SHOW IS CANCELLED GUYS DUE TO THE FIELD BEING UNSAFE :cry:

MAGS

cjquicksilver 14 July 2012 04:13 PM

not a rant at any one as its not the organisers faults, but there are soooooo many shows and events being cancelled due to the weather!! its the worst year ive ever know for it? i feel sorry for all the hard work put in by organisers, as from organising my own events, the amount of work put in to organising en event is massive and to have that litteraly washed down the pan is a gutting!!!

1-pd 14 July 2012 04:15 PM

well said as its also frustrating for a club events organiser point of view, its gutting and Im a ford man

scoobyken 14 July 2012 04:22 PM

Ahh... Just finished washing n waxing my car as well... Nevermind!

huzzy1 14 July 2012 04:23 PM

Gutted!

JonMc 14 July 2012 04:25 PM

Not good guys, but on the plus side - at least I won't have missed it:norty:

Stevesbluewrx 14 July 2012 04:40 PM

Bloody weather . Gutting times with shows being cancelled.

May head to brands hatch or donnington if anyone fancies it.

si 42 14 July 2012 05:06 PM

bummer just spent all day cleaning the car

M444GY 14 July 2012 05:22 PM

spent all day cleaning mine yesterday :( big bummer , but the weather has been so bad its unreal

hopefully it can be resceduled

a5h 14 July 2012 05:23 PM

Bloody h.ll that's annoying was,looking forward to it.

Budgie 14 July 2012 05:39 PM

It would appear that there will be no reschedule of the show this year due to Hillingdon council wanting the field for sporting use, probably olympics related.
I am waiting to hear from Alan Morris (Rotary club show organiser)with the official response to the club organisers and will post details on here as soon as I know them. Follow the link below for pictures of the show ground.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
There will be a MSOC meet of some sort tomorrow to be announced once we have discussed tonight what to do.
Sorry folks
Peter

a5h 14 July 2012 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Budgie (Post 10707251)
It would appear that there will be no reschedule of the show this year due to Hillingdon council wanting the field for sporting use, probably olympics related.
I am waiting to hear from Alan Morris (Rotary club show organiser)with the official response to the club organisers and will post details on here as soon as I know them. Follow the link below for pictures of the show ground.
There will be a MSOC meet of some sort tomorrow to be announced once we have discussed tonight what to do.
Sorry folks
Peter

Peter,

Let me know if I need to sort anything for tomorrow.

JonMc 14 July 2012 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Budgie (Post 10707251)
Sorry folks
Peter

I expect they'll use it as a venue for the canoeing and rowing:D

madisonmonkey 14 July 2012 06:02 PM

We could kick things off with a monkeyball...

rickya 14 July 2012 06:07 PM

Yeah that'd be interesting with no rear ARB or drop links :D :D

JonMc 14 July 2012 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 10707280)
Yeah that'd be interesting with no rear ARB or drop links :D :D

Just drift mate, you want it to be bit more compliant in the wet anyway:thumb:

M444GY 14 July 2012 06:14 PM

:lol: would it make adifference with rickys driving

Budgie 14 July 2012 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by madisonmonkey (Post 10707274)
We could kick things off with a monkeyball...

Great idea Jim but too many of us
How about Supercar Sunday at Brooklands museum?
http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/inde...percar-sunday/

little'un 14 July 2012 06:32 PM

Picnic at Junction17, with passenger laps round the MX ring???

:D

Silver Scooby Sport 14 July 2012 06:34 PM

Nightmare but not surprising with the weather and knowing the location, I have spent the day getting the car ready as well.

jcscooby2007 14 July 2012 07:23 PM

Such a shame tho. Really looking forward to it. oh well.
Whatever is the plan for tomorrow might just join you guys.

Budgie 14 July 2012 07:48 PM

Here is the plan, we will be holding our own mini meet at the Middlsex stadium off Breakspear road in Ruislip from 11am for those of you still wanting to make a day out of it. Hope you can make it

a5h 14 July 2012 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Budgie (Post 10707419)
Here is the plan, we will be holding our own mini meet at the Middlsex stadium off Breakspear road in Ruislip from 11am for those of you still wanting to make a day out of it. Hope you can make it

For those of you that don't know where the Middlesex stadium is:
Breakspear Road
Ruslip
HA4 7SB

Or see the below link:
http://www.middlesexstadium.com/contact.html

See you all there :thumb::thumb:

Nurse Gladys 15 July 2012 07:01 PM

Shame the show was cancelled but the weather has been awful in the build up! :cry:

The good news was it was cancelled just as Budgie Arkwright & AWG had finished cleaning my car - what a result!! :thumb:

Great mini meet at the stadium today, great company, good food, and a little run out for those who wanted to play. :luxhello::D

A brilliant weekend once again - thank you MSOC :luxhello:

jcscooby2007 15 July 2012 08:22 PM

Great meet.
It was good to meet all of you and great hospitality and not to mention some nice scoobs.
And good to be in a nice convoy.
Shall join you guys next month.

Spectre 3 15 July 2012 08:25 PM

We enjoyed the meeting too, thanks to Budgie for organising at such short notice and to Nurse Gladys for the cup cakes.

Karen & Richard

Arkwright 15 July 2012 10:14 PM

It was a great meet today excellent fun with a great bunch of friends so thanks guys. :notworthy
Thanks to Denham Green car wash for staying open yesterday until they`d finished washing all the scoobs. :thumb:
Also loving the new Tomscoob :thumb:
Had quite a spirited drive home with a silver hawkeye wagon buzzing around me too, so whoever you were thanks for that too. :thumb:

a5h 15 July 2012 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Arkwright (Post 10708965)
It was a great meet today excellent fun with a great bunch of friends so thanks guys. :notworthy
Thanks to Denham Green car wash for staying open yesterday until they`d finished washing all the scoobs. :thumb:
Had quite a spirited drive home with a silver hawkeye wagon buzzing around me too, so whoever you were thanks for that too. :thumb:

Simon you keep flirting with other scoobys I will tell your misses ...... Lol

Thanks Hills for the cup cakes as they were amazing and helped me get brownie points with her indoors...........

Yeah was a great day guys thank you to all who put something together last minute.com as I know I would of been disappointed with not doing something scooby related this weekend.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

JonMc 15 July 2012 10:51 PM

Despite not being able to make this I did my own monkeyball - at least I think that's whay you call it when you ingest pigeons through the bonnet scoop:D

Nurse Gladys 16 July 2012 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Arkwright (Post 10708965)

Was a great drive home - caught you boys napping on the 25 - went for it and had to back off to let you all catch up!! Was brill fun when you did - even if there was a little cheating by a black one sneaking up the inside!!

Even had a Z4 wanting to play too.....

Glad the cakes went down so well - was worried what I was going to do with 6 dozen cupcakes......