ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   HKS Dump Valve (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/942976-hks-dump-valve.html)

LLPK 14 July 2012 12:15 PM

HKS Dump Valve

Hi Guys, I am a new member and a very proud owner of my first scooby and looking for some advise. I want to put a dump valve on my 2001 wrx and have already brought a HKS uni (71008-AK001) valve which i was told would fit. I brought the flange adapter but my problem is that there is a air pipe that is attached to the standard valve. If i fit the HKS valve this pipe will be left unattached does anyone know if ive surposed to block this pipe off or is this valve no good.

Kedlestone 14 July 2012 12:17 PM

Yeah just blank it off, some kits offer a blanking plug or you could just double it back on itself and cable tie it. It's just the plumb back pipe.

LLPK 14 July 2012 12:36 PM

Brilliant thanks very much, Im off to fit the valve now.:-)

si 42 14 July 2012 12:43 PM

do you need to tweak the map after fitting a vta dump valve im sure i read somewhere it affects your fueling?making the car run leaner think you should check mate

LLPK 14 July 2012 12:51 PM

I think Your right, ie just brought a walbro 255 fuel pump and some blue injectors so I think I'll fit them on the same day and then get it re mapped. Thanks for the advise

Kedlestone 14 July 2012 01:51 PM

The only thing you might get is the odd pop from the exhaust depending on your system and mods. Never bothered me or had any ill effects.

si 42 14 July 2012 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kedlestone (Post 10707019)
The only thing you might get is the odd pop from the exhaust depending on your system and mods. Never bothered me or had any ill effects.

really does anyone else know if this is safe to do ?

Kedlestone 14 July 2012 04:45 PM

Had my car for over 3 years chap with no problems. Give Scooby clinic a call they will set you straight if your still in doubt. As I've said before I asked them last time I was there if my HKS VTA DV was going to cause any ill effects and they said no. That's enough piece of mind for me.

LLPK 14 July 2012 04:58 PM

Thanks very much for giving me advices, my scooby has been chipped and running a hybrid turbo already so with a few mods and a trip to greenwood development in surrey for a tune up I should be running a little rocket. Thanks again for your help it's nice to talk to people who enjoying modifying scoobys.

si 42 14 July 2012 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by LLPK (Post 10707205)
Thanks very much for giving me advices, my scooby has been chipped and running a hybrid turbo already so with a few mods and a trip to greenwood development in surrey for a tune up I should be running a little rocket. Thanks again for your help it's nice to talk to people who enjoying modifying scoobys.

used james for years his a good bloke :thumb: