ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Hardrace; any good? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/942583-hardrace-any-good.html)

Truss 10 July 2012 09:23 PM

Hardrace; any good?

Ive been looking at buying a few uprated bits and pieces for my blob and looking at ARB's, bushes etc.
I had whiteline gear on my old car, but it appears that there products just aren't the standard that they used to be.
So, i found this hardrace brand, and it looks inexpensive in comaprison to the whiteline gear.
Im looking at their front and rear droplinks, and they have a sort of ALK that may just be uprated bushes.
Im just not sure if its a case of buy ****e buy twice:wonder:. Any advice?

prodriverules 10 July 2012 09:28 PM

Nothing wrong with whiteline products other than the rustings syndrome which is easily sorted by simply having the parts clear coated before fitment.

Truss 10 July 2012 09:35 PM

I had heard that as well as bushes failing prematurely. I had an ibiza before and it was good kit tbh.

prodriverules 10 July 2012 09:37 PM

Can't say I have seen/heard the same and my own kit on my car is fine!

BlueBugEye 11 July 2012 06:38 AM

I have the hard race engine mounts and theyre great

Truss 11 July 2012 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by prodriverules (Post 10702043)
Can't say I have seen/heard the same and my own kit on my car is fine!

I imagine its probably bull**** tbh. Either way, it'll be whitleline bars with some clearcoat.

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 10702344)
I have the hard race engine mounts and they're great

They're on my list.

So, are the hardrace droplinks and anti lift kit going to make my handling improve for half the cash of whiteline/cdf or do spend my hard earned with them?

Aztec Performance Ltd 11 July 2012 08:37 PM

Hardrace are simply OEM replacement.

The anti-lift kit does not have an offset bush and will keep the geometry the same as standard.

CDF Racing ones are bespoke aftermarket and alter the geometry to improve handling. Really nice pieces of kit.

Fit the CDF Racing drop links and anti-lift kit are you will notice an immediate difference.

CDF Racing Parts - Subaru Impreza

Let me know if you need any further info. :thumb:

Wagon Gaz 11 July 2012 08:46 PM

I've got the Hardrace droplinks on and they are fine, not sure about OEM replacements as oem are plastic (newage) and mine are steel. Bought from Apex in Bradford.

BlueBugEye 12 July 2012 06:11 AM

Pretty sure my engine mounts are not OE either!

Aztec Performance Ltd 12 July 2012 11:50 AM

I was referring to the ALK, apologies for not being clear enough.

Originally Posted by bren@apex (Post 7348901)
I think youll find that they arent an anti lift kit. In order to work effectively the lift kit must drop the bush down so placing a slight angle on the lower arm. Its this movement of the arm thats gives the anti lift tendencies.

The Hardrace parts are straight repalcements for the original bushes and do no more than slightly reduce arm movement as they run a stiffer bush than the original.

If you look at a true anti lift kit (like the Whiteline) youll find that they lower the bush and so the arm pivot point.

We are the official UK distributers for Hardrace btw :)

The CDF Racing one is a true anti lift kit.

Truss 12 July 2012 04:14 PM

that was the impression i had, cheers for clearing that up!

bren@apex 16 July 2012 11:53 AM

They arent an anti lift kit but theyre hardly OE. Theyre uprated, they just dont adjust castor.

Truss 16 July 2012 01:40 PM

Thanks bren, kinda hoping you'd reply!
So would that kit tighten things up as I'm not sure I'd get massive benefit from a 160 quid alk.
Would the rear droplinks be a good upgrade as they are priced well?

bren@apex 16 July 2012 03:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The drop links are a lot stiffer than the OEM ones and they are a popular upgrade.

Just taken pics of the latest adjustable rear arm kit, now comes with substantial adjustable rear drop links :)

https://www.scoobynet.com/attachment...1&d=1342448261

And then bump steer correction front track rod ends :)

https://www.scoobynet.com/attachment...1&d=1342448261

Truss 16 July 2012 05:02 PM

expect an order soon :D
sorry bren, am i being thick but i cant see the front track rod ends on the site?

bren@apex 18 July 2012 02:34 PM

The site doesnt show a fraction fo what we can do. A new site is nearing completion so we dont bother adding anything to the old one.

You can see whats available on our Hardrace site but again, the images arent the latest as its also going to be redone once our main site is finished:

www.hardrace.co.uk

Truss 18 July 2012 07:48 PM

legend, thanks for your help!

jura11 18 July 2012 07:56 PM

Running above Hardrace adjustable lateral link/arm kit and is great quality,plus price is spot on

Jura

Majorscooby 18 April 2013 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 10713104)
Running above Hardrace adjustable lateral link/arm kit and is great quality,plus price is spot on

Jura

The bushed sets on there site adjustable and non adjustable seem to be at the same price which doesn't really add up, yet the bearing version differ??!

Other than apex does anybody know who else stocks these?

jura11 18 April 2013 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Majorscooby (Post 11062777)
The bushed sets on there site adjustable and non adjustable seem to be at the same price which doesn't really add up, yet the bearing version differ??!

Other than apex does anybody know who else stocks these?

Hi there

We are running adjustable bushed version,which are great for money.If money allow I would go with adjustable version

I pretty sure Alyn@AS Performance is dealer too for HardRace

Jura

bren@apex 18 April 2013 02:38 PM

We are the sole distributor for the full Hardrace range :) There are some oddities with pricing, one of which being fixed and adjustable arms beign the same price. I know Kev was checking the price on Subaru arms today or yesterday, presumably it was for you. The factory have confirmed the prices are the same for each type.

Ash170990 18 April 2013 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 10713104)

Jura

I also have this kit on mine, price was very reasonable, not had a proper chance to drive the car since having them fitted, but they definatley feel and look very well made...:thumb:

Majorscooby 18 April 2013 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by bren@apex (Post 11062818)
We are the sole distributor for the full Hardrace range :) There are some oddities with pricing, one of which being fixed and adjustable arms beign the same price. I know Kev was checking the price on Subaru arms today or yesterday, presumably it was for you. The factory have confirmed the prices are the same for each type.

It was Bren that's correct, but very pleased with how helpful kev was. It just seemed strange how the costs were the same and I don't think kev could understand why either.
Price wise is very good and I suppose it does make sense then to go for the adjustable set for future options.
I really only wanted to change the whole lot to a non adjustable set due to my current OE ones being grotty and rusty.

mantazini 18 April 2013 04:40 PM

Got Hard Race engine/gearbox mount kit from Apex , their have good reviews on NASIOC and alot of people who race use them on here/22B forums as well and been happy....

Y27JLC 20 September 2015 03:06 PM

I have the engine/gearbox kit. The engine mounts are due to be fitted and the difference between them and oe replacement are quite substancial. You can get normal rubber bushed ones which i guess would be close to standard but then uprated and pillowball mounts are also available. Apex will be getting more of my cash soon i can tell you that!