ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   ..seen any good videos recently....... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/94247-seen-any-good-videos-recently.html)

paulr 08 May 2002 05:47 PM

Ok...want to rent a film tonite/tomorrow.....any recent recommendations?.
What about that Stallone film,Driven,there's a couple of Nicole Kidman films out,American Beauty(maybe not),some Johnny Depp/Penelope Cruz film....etc,etc........:)

mega_stream 08 May 2002 07:09 PM

American Pie2 is good...

RichS 08 May 2002 07:14 PM

Driven with Sylvester Stallone was crap - fell alseep half way through...

And I usually like a bit of non-intellectual content.

Have you seen "Three Kings" - not exactly new, but pretty good IMHO.

Rich :)

KimA 08 May 2002 07:15 PM

Ditto American Pie 2 - brilliant :D

DO NOT get Jeepers Creepers - pile of ****

polarbearit 08 May 2002 07:15 PM

I'll second american pie 2, didn't get to see it all though ;):D

I Also watched the Tailor of Panama at the weekend - quite a good film and not what you expect of James Bond (sorry Brosnan)

polarbearit 08 May 2002 07:17 PM

Well I guess I don't second it then :D

paulr 08 May 2002 07:27 PM

DO NOT get Jeepers Creepers - pile of ****
and i thought it was really good..........

Rich....3 kings,yeah pretty good,but not Clooneys best.

reaton 08 May 2002 07:37 PM

For comedy... Try "The Parole Officer" :)

If you like Alan Partridge and other Steve Coogan stuff, you'll really like it - as did I :) :) :)

Rich

Pete_UK99 08 May 2002 07:42 PM

Saw Ginger Snaps last night, pretty good kind of a mix between Teenwolf and An American Werewolf in London. The only thing that let it down was that the effects were a bit weak. Still worth watching though.

impy 08 May 2002 07:53 PM

Taxi 2 great film although it's in French....which didn't really matter cus the storyline wasn't the best ever;)

However, the evos were nice:) but nothing can beat the Pug 406!!:D
Definitely worth a watch:)

Tom

carpet 08 May 2002 07:54 PM

Jeepers creepers is a pile of pish !!

american pie 2 is good.

K-pax is good ( not on vid I know ) !

AllanB 08 May 2002 08:18 PM

The Others was exclleent. Can also recommend Stir Of Echoes. A good aldy if you can get it is Red Rock West.

AllanB

paulr 08 May 2002 08:19 PM

The others...is that that Nicole Kidman film?

drumsterphil 08 May 2002 08:23 PM

Sorry, but Ginger Snaps was total crap IMHO!!

However, I have RING taped from CH4 on Monday night, now that should be a good movie - hopefully!! :):D

DP.

Victoria 08 May 2002 08:56 PM

The Others- yes is the Nicole Kidman film. Absolutely fantastic.

I agree totally about Jeepers Creepers- a whole pile of poo, and I love horror films. Starts really well but ends really badly.

A film called Say It isn't So is really good if you like Farrelly Brothers bad taste comedy.

V

paulr 08 May 2002 09:18 PM

Ok...thanks........looks like the others it is:):)

Victoria 08 May 2002 10:56 PM

Please report back if you enjoyed it. I feel responsibe for your choice!

V

CHRIS_D 08 May 2002 11:40 PM

51st state

samuel l jackson
robert carlyle

frickin funny and plenty of action

Hos 08 May 2002 11:40 PM

Seen the others but its nothing compared to taxi 2 . well worth getting it out. :)

robin ledger 08 May 2002 11:41 PM

The Green Mile

top film..

Richard Askew 09 May 2002 03:43 PM

Taxi 2 is fantastic
Jeepers Creepers is a soggy bag of w***

or spend the weekend watching my in car footage from the 'ring like Im gonna do :D :rolleyes:

Richard Work 09 May 2002 04:13 PM

anyone use movietrak.com? I've been using it for a few weeks now and the service is excellent, if you wnat a DVD for the weekend, order before 12pm on Friday and they deliver next day (if it is in stock - which they tell you before ordering) - at £3 each including postage it sure beats blockbuster - you get to keep them for about a week!

Worth a try

Richard

p.s. got American Pie 2 out and A.I. to watch in the hotel/on the plane tomorrow - great for when your travelling - I'm so sick of crapppy euro channels and CNN!

Scooby Dooby Blue 09 May 2002 08:01 PM

I bought Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon last night.
Top-notch Kung-Fu flick.
The lip-syncing didn't even bother me, it was really well done :)
If you fancy something different, give it a go

Paul :D

paulr 11 May 2002 09:03 PM

Ok.....i watched 'The Others'.....very good film....:):D:D

P1Fanatic 11 May 2002 09:53 PM

Others was complete and utter tosh. Jeepers Creepers was original although not to everyones taste. American Pie is hilarious - maybe even better than the first. Even if you dont like it you get to see Tara Reid and Shannon Elizabeth so it aint all bad.

Is it just me or is Sean William Scott (Stifler in AP 7 AP2) the funniest actor in a long time? Hes up there in the Dan Ackroyd or Chevy Chase make u laugh stakes.

Saw Dog Soldiers last night - usual werewolf cheese but some amusing "deliberate cheese scenes".

Also saw Road Kill which was pretty entertaining. The way Rusty Nail says Candy Cane is quality. And damn Leelee Sobieski is looking hotter than ever.

P1Fanatic 11 May 2002 09:55 PM

Watched Eyes Wide Shut last week and that has to be the slowest and most boring film ever. Only good bit is where u see all the naked totty.

Sith 11 May 2002 10:04 PM

A m8 has got Ring 1 on DVD. He finished watching at just about midnight on his own, then the phone rang, he nearly went through his ceiling....:D:D:D:D:D For those who have seen it will understand.

Taxi 2 is great. Am Pie 2 is V funny. Kiss of the Dragon, if you like Martial Arts

P.

Hos 11 May 2002 10:58 PM

Ring 1 a horror movie? :)

danielson 05 September 2002 03:41 PM

try Spiderman or Starwars their great films oh I forgot not out yet. (he he)

[Edited by danielson - 5/9/2002 3:42:38 PM]