ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   The Bugeye is going!! :-( (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/942356-the-bugeye-is-going.html)

sparky113 09 July 2012 08:24 AM

The Bugeye is going!! :-(

After 2 awesome years of scooby ownership i have had to make a brave and upsetting decision to let my bugeye go :cry:
it was getting a little silly on fuel costs as i was using it as a every day car.
However needless to say that having wanted one since i first saw colin mcrae flying round in one when i was a kid, the impreza has lived up to my expectations and has been the best car i have driven and owned.
i have part ex it in for a brand new ford fiesta metal in white with black wheels. so if anyone in the scarborough area there is a very nice and well looked after bugeye going to auction, and for future reference the reg will be FN02 FMO.

Oh and there could well be some freshily refurbed 17" OZ multispokes in gold for sale very soon!

Stay safe everone and happy scoobying!! :thumb:

yabbadoo4 09 July 2012 09:00 AM

farewell chap!! just completed my 1st yr of ownership and agree with you 100% its everything i thought it would be and i love it. maybe 1 day you will be back who knows? all the best.

burbling1 09 July 2012 07:55 PM

I've just got rid of mine too and now have a vectra cdti. Averaged 53.4 mpg on the last tank and thats exactly why I got it.

alphaj12 09 July 2012 09:09 PM

SHAME, let me know about the wheels though. Might save me refurb'ing mine and be cheaper if you price them to sell

DJHoody 04 September 2014 09:57 PM

hi

Originally Posted by sparky113 (Post 10699530)
After 2 awesome years of scooby ownership i have had to make a brave and upsetting decision to let my bugeye go :cry:
it was getting a little silly on fuel costs as i was using it as a every day car.
However needless to say that having wanted one since i first saw colin mcrae flying round in one when i was a kid, the impreza has lived up to my expectations and has been the best car i have driven and owned.
i have part ex it in for a brand new ford fiesta metal in white with black wheels. so if anyone in the scarborough area there is a very nice and well looked after bugeye going to auction, and for future reference the reg will be FN02 FMO.

Oh and there could well be some freshily refurbed 17" OZ multispokes in gold for sale very soon!

Stay safe everone and happy scoobying!! :thumb:

Hi, sorry for bumping a 2 year old post however I was just doing some research trying to find out about my scoob and came across this post. I bought a gorgeous bug eye about 6 months ago, Ive changed the plates back to the original plates, and theve given me FN02 FMO.
Was a pleasure to read the above as it looks like its had a lovely caring past.

Did you take it to race dynamix by any chance? Its got a 3 point solenoid, ashley competition exhaust with sports cat, exhaust has been wrapped and its been re-mapped. Thats all I can find atm. Not sure what its putting out.
Hope you still on here...
All the best,
:)
Steve

XDevil666 04 September 2014 10:02 PM

He hasn't been online since March..... But his last post says

Originally Posted by sparky113 (Post 10819415)
get in contact 07792790339

You never know he may still have that number ;)

DJHoody 04 September 2014 10:42 PM

Thanks Xdevil!
Im just a little excited to find all these posts from sparky. Sounds like he spent alot of time on this (now my) bug.
Makes me very happy indeedy :)

DJHoody 04 September 2014 10:44 PM

Ill send a text tomorrow :D

DJHoody 04 September 2014 11:04 PM

Just in case he sees this thread ...heres a vid of the car now.
Subaru Impreza 2002 Bugeye

http://youtu.be/gH3834_Envk

DJHoody 05 September 2014 12:02 AM

Yep, hence no silly speeding videos... :p
ponies , deer, donkeys and cows all over the roads down here lol

Great roads for having a drive about in the scoob but you gotta keep a lookout for jaywalking animals.

DJHoody 10 September 2014 01:36 PM

Received a text back :) :) :)