ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Ipad killer (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/941083-ipad-killer.html)

dpb 28 June 2012 07:17 AM

Ipad killer

http://www.google.co.uk/nexus/#/7

Playing them at their own game , same frustrating lack connections and memory, but hellava lot cheaper

:thumb:

ronjeramy 28 June 2012 07:56 AM

How can it be an iPad killer? It only 7 inches, it's just the same size as Samsung S3 phone ;) :lol1:

nizmo80 28 June 2012 08:39 AM

TBH I have not seen anything that would match up to my
iPad 2 I have looked at all the tablets and had a play with alot
Of them and still I would rather have the iPad because they
Are just so good and are much better.
This is just my opinion but it's going to take something special to
Beat a iPad and there is nothing I have seen so far that will do it.

JohnSmith 28 June 2012 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by nizmo80 (Post 10684565)

an ipad 3 :lol1:

nizmo80 28 June 2012 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by JohnSmith (Post 10684574)
an ipad 3 :lol1:

:lol::D

Good point
But you know what I mean tho:thumb:

dpb 28 June 2012 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by ronjeramy (Post 10684540)
How can it be an iPad killer? It only 7 inches, it's just the same size as Samsung S3 phone ;) :lol1:

Can you get the 10" in your handbag ?

Carlh 28 June 2012 09:15 AM

and all your accessories are going to be useless when you do get to Ipad3....

Beef 28 June 2012 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by nizmo80 (Post 10684577)
:lol::D

Good point
But you know what I mean tho:thumb:

That you can't possibly have tried the Nexus tab because it's not out yet, but that you're not going to let that sway you from your decision or dissuade you from dismissing it as inferior to your ipad.

I have no problem with people making a choice 'just because', but have the balls to admit it, rather than try and justify it with (so far) impossible technical comparison. :rolleyes:

For me, lack of SD is a shame - I can only assume it's the same approach to storage as the Galaxy Nexus, but if so why not do a 32GB version? :( HDMI isn't a problem as you can almost certainly get HDMI out of the USB port (MHL) and mini-HDMI would still have required an adapter for many people, but I would have liked SD.

Still, for £160-£200 it seems a good, cheap tab, and won't have to wait for manufacturer skinnings to get post-JB updates.

Ant 28 June 2012 09:56 AM

Face facts the iPad won't be killed because of its huge foothold in the tablet market.

No apple fanboy rant it's just logical fact

TingTongPJ 28 June 2012 09:56 AM

This device is has been manufactured to compete with the kindle fire which has more or less the same spec but only 8gig memory.

The kindle fire is not available in the uk and we don't know if the google will yet either.

No way a device that cheap and small will be an iPad beater but it's not a like for like comparison.

I have the kindle fire I got from the states and an iPad and have to say if I compare the the only one clear winner the iPad. But for the cost of the kindle compareded to similar spec tablets it wipes the floor with them, so no doubt in the lower end arena the google will be sucessful.

Ant 28 June 2012 10:00 AM

Let's just agree the op doesn't really think its a iPad killer and just put it to generate more views :D

Beef 28 June 2012 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10684624)
Face facts the iPad won't be killed because of its huge foothold in the tablet market.

No apple fanboy rant it's just logical fact

Bingo.

Plus the fact that for many people, they prefer the world fruity.

What annoys me about fanbois of both sides of the fence is the blind, non-fact-based (or just outright wrong) frothing about why xyz feature or abc capability is why they bought it, when in reality what they usually mean is 'I want an iPad because it's shiny and I think it's cool'. Fine - it's your money, spend it how you see fit, just spare the rest of us your wishy-washy personal justifications; we don't care about them.

ronjeramy 28 June 2012 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 10684588)
Can you get the 10" in your handbag ?

Real men don't have handbags :lol1:

scoobyverysoon 28 June 2012 10:13 AM

I like that shame its only 7"

Ant 28 June 2012 10:21 AM

Speak for yourself I've got 10" :D

kingofturds 28 June 2012 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by nizmo80 (Post 10684565)

It's official the IPad is the best tablet out there because they are so good and much better :D

JackClark 28 June 2012 11:05 AM

That's a Samsung killer. Might stop a few idiots buying cheap Android tablets from eBay and Next as well.

dpb 28 June 2012 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 10684669)
It's official the IPad is the best tablet out there because they are so good and much better :D

you really can't help feeling sorry for em :D

Leslie 28 June 2012 11:33 AM

Its just another toy for those who cannot manage to go through life without constant access to a computer. There really is more to life than that for goodness sake!

Les

Ant 28 June 2012 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10684764)
Its just another toy for those who cannot manage to go through life without constant access to a computer. There really is more to life than that for goodness sake!

Les

Believe it or not les outside of your bubble ( ;) ) people rely on access at all time to earn a living !

Welcome to modern day!

dpb 28 June 2012 11:47 AM

Maybe some of them

The rest of the no hopers merely live on the expectation of the next apple 'game changer'

:(

Jamescsti 28 June 2012 04:03 PM

iPad must be the best because every other tablet that comes out is referred to as a possible "IPad killer"

tubbytommy 28 June 2012 04:06 PM

ipads are crap a nightmare to use internet properly.
and before anyone starts i have an ipad 3

steve ex vauxhall 28 June 2012 04:12 PM

+1 for th iPad,
But I'm no computer expert by a long shot, infact I would call myself a beginner, I tried out all sorts of different options for what I needed, email, web access, so on , but couldn't find much else that did everything, plus it also has the gps built in, so I could also throw out the navman and have everything on one device.

Don't get me wrong there are flaws and it's not perfect, but it's not that far off:thumb:

Ant 28 June 2012 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 10685047)

Great technical explanation there, but thanks anyways apple have your money now.

But if it's **** I'll take it off your hands for £100, you can't live with a nightmare like that

Wurzel 28 June 2012 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10684657)

I have 10.1 :D

f1_fan 28 June 2012 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10684657)

Of Apple fan boy c0ck up your ar5e?

fitzscoob 28 June 2012 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 10685047)

try and get the donut jam off your fingers before operating! :)

hodgy0_2 28 June 2012 06:05 PM

can thread be closed when some includes the word "ecosystem" in a post

Jamescsti 28 June 2012 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10685113)
Of Apple fan boy c0ck up your ar5e?

I've heard it is true that apple users are better endowed so 10 inch maybe about right!