ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Hawkeye undercover police (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/940169-hawkeye-undercover-police.html)

M2RTXhawkeye 20 June 2012 03:15 PM

Hawkeye undercover police

Just seen someone get pulled by an unmarked hawkeye near Trafford centre! Didt get a plate no but sure it was a spec-D
anyone else ever seen this?

Martin

scoobyman.matt 20 June 2012 05:17 PM

Program called police interceptors, they had marked and unmarked ones also evo 10s. I bet the coppers that drive them love to come to work in the morning.

M2RTXhawkeye 20 June 2012 05:30 PM

Was thinking exactly the same lol may join the force haha. Was very confused when I saw it as never seen one around Manchester before. Seen a marked hatch least I know to give them a wave next time 😉

Martin

petethemeat 20 June 2012 05:43 PM

I thought that interceptors was based down south - Essex way ? Didnt realise they were cruising around on my doorstep!

MaDaSS 20 June 2012 06:23 PM

There are all over. Derbyshire has some. I know, I watch em on the tv! LOL.

BRAVEHEART_STI 20 June 2012 06:38 PM

none up our way :D

thank ****......:lol1:

Rbon91 20 June 2012 07:03 PM

Yes was in hazlegrove yesterday... Blue GB270 hawkeye

nick172sport 20 June 2012 07:31 PM

ive seen 3 0r 4 round manchester a silver blob couple off subaru hatches r32 golf black couple off unmarked a3s bmw blue estate 57 plate :thumb:

chopperman 20 June 2012 07:36 PM

Police must be keeping older cars now then. They used to get rid of vehicles before their first MOT was due.

M2RTXhawkeye 20 June 2012 07:48 PM

Seen a few a3's and bmw's and the one blue hatch with awful colour of police stickers on it. The hawk today was a bit of a surprise I must say.

Martin

ScottishRayman 20 June 2012 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART_STI (Post 10674351)
none up our way :D

thank ****......:lol1:

Not yet but 4 Sti hatches arrive in August. 2 for Glasgow & 2 for Edinburgh :)

scoobyman.matt 20 June 2012 08:29 PM

I know a few of the police forces around the country have been using seized vehicles. The sort of high performance stuff taken off drug dealers and such.
I know the met police had a Golf R32 that they nabbed off of a drug dealer under the proceeds of crime act.

Great way to save a little money buying new cars for the tax payer and to rub the scummy little drug dealers nose in it.

Same with the dealers car on top gear they used for target practice with the army a more worthy end to the car would have been to use it for fighting crime, if it went pop they then could crush it.....

l1verp00l 20 June 2012 09:04 PM

snakes. can usually spot the little extra antenna on the back though?

acemodder 20 June 2012 09:35 PM

there are a few scooby interceptors at stafford on the M6

Rbon91 20 June 2012 10:46 PM

Nope the scoobies I seen haven't got nothing... *******s l!!!!

jono300 22 June 2012 04:01 AM

What ever happened to scoobynets very own " police interceptor " Tizzy ?? not seen him around here for a good while ?? possibly lurking on some Evo forum now ??!!

ditchmyster 22 June 2012 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by M2RTXbugeye (Post 10674456)
Seen a few a3's and bmw's and the one blue hatch with awful colour of police stickers on it. The hawk today was a bit of a surprise I must say.

Martin

I hope they don't pull tubbytommy with a stickerd scoob, they'll be in for a right roasting.:D

The Hawk won't be around too long, it will blow the head gasket or the rings will melt.:lol1:

speedking 22 June 2012 01:19 PM

Loads of Police at the Trafford Centre last night, ANPR etc.

M2RTXhawkeye 22 June 2012 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by speedking (Post 10676608)
Loads of Police at the Trafford Centre last night, ANPR etc.

Was that in or around the trafford centre mate? I was at the chill factor yesterday didt come across any

Martin

Shaks-STI 22 June 2012 02:20 PM

BTW they do wave at you when they go pass :thumb: seen 1 llast Saturday on my way to Birmigham was behind me on M6 for 5 min then while passing by both waved. :notworthy

speedking 22 June 2012 03:53 PM

Entrance to Asda on the Chill Factor side. At least 20 officers, vans, marked and unmarked cars. Plenty of chav mobiles being spoken to. About 6:30pm.

The Pink Ninja 22 June 2012 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyman.matt (Post 10674523)
I know a few of the police forces around the country have been using seized vehicles. The sort of high performance stuff taken off drug dealers and such.
I know the met police had a Golf R32 that they nabbed off of a drug dealer under the proceeds of crime act.

Great way to save a little money buying new cars for the tax payer and to rub the scummy little drug dealers nose in it.

Same with the dealers car on top gear they used for target practice with the army a more worthy end to the car would have been to use it for fighting crime, if it went pop they then could crush it.....

Yep, I used to work with a woman who`s husband was in CID, Fraud Drugs etc... He used to pick her up in different cars all the time, I remember having a conversation with him about it and he mentioned that you dont get noticed in other peoples cars as much and you change them daily and not get noticed when visiting the same area,

Oh and they are free and it doesnt matter if you prang them:eek: