ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   PMSL - McDonald's Recruitment (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/939464-pmsl-mcdonalds-recruitment.html)

Coffin Dodger 14 June 2012 04:25 PM

PMSL - McDonald's Recruitment

Had a couple of emails through to my Gmail account about some job I've supposedly applied for in McDonald's. Having logged into their recruitment website with my email address (password reset requested ;)) turns out some c*nt in Kent has the same name as me. He is obviously a disgrace to the name if he can't even put the correct email address on a McDonald's application form.... :rolleyes:

Anyway today I received the ultimate blow to my self esteem when I found out I my application for the position had been turned down :lol1:

My response:

Dear McDonald's Central Recruitment Team,

Just for your information I never applied for the position of "Crew Member - PART TIME DARTFORD" or any other position within McDonald's. I'm not sure if this is some sort of wind up and/or someone is having some fun at our expense but anyway I already have a perfectly good and very well paid job at the moment which I don't need or intend to give up to work within your organisation!

I am however not very impressed that I got turned down for the position, surely an honours degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from a top flight UK university along with 18 years industry experience would at least prove I have the intelligence and academic requirements for the position. I'm also quite a keen amateur chef so I'm sure I would have been on a very steep learning curve for operations in your kitchens. Oh well, perhaps I am over qualified I guess? I'll remember to play it down a bit if ever I do find myself applying for a position with you in future.

I'd just like to say good luck finding your "Crew Member" and please remove my details from your system.

Best Regards,

Coffin Dodger
B.Eng
Do you think I deserve some free burgers :D

jonc 14 June 2012 04:47 PM

Well despite your educational background and experience, surely you should at least have had the cognative ability to work out that they may not have details of your educational background and experience since you never applied for it!!! :facepalm: So no free burgers for you!! :lol1:

Coffin Dodger 14 June 2012 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 10665548)
Well despite your educational background and experience, surely you should at least have had the cognative ability to work out that they may not have details of your educational background and experience since you never applied for it!!! :facepalm: So no free burgers for you!! :lol1:

Really, I'd never have guessed :rolleyes:

It's just a bit of fun, understand :confused:

jonc 14 June 2012 05:43 PM

Calm down was only jestin! No free burger for me neither then :lol1:

Lee247 14 June 2012 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger (Post 10665520)
Had a couple of emails through to my Gmail account about some job I've supposedly applied for in McDonald's. Having logged into their recruitment website with my email address (password reset requested ;)) turns out some c*nt in Kent has the same name as me. He is obviously a disgrace to the name if he can't even put the correct email address on a McDonald's application form.... :rolleyes:

Anyway today I received the ultimate blow to my self esteem when I found out I my application for the position had been turned down :lol1:

My response:

Do you think I deserve some free burgers :D

They will be all over you like a rash, next time you visit :lol1:

L.J.F 14 June 2012 05:52 PM

They don't employ old people;)

Lee247 14 June 2012 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 10665651)
They don't employ old people;)

They employ anything they can get their hands on :lol1: The one nearest to us, I am lucky if they can understand folks. Last time I went for the kids, I asked for large fries and got a large sprite :lol1:

zs_phil 14 June 2012 06:15 PM

The problem is your not eastern european

PaulC72 14 June 2012 06:40 PM

If you had a degree in burga flippin you would have bun there man, maybe they will ketchup with you next time you visit.

RobsyUK 14 June 2012 09:18 PM

Next time you go there... There might be spit in your burger ;)...

That's the thing though... No matter how crap they are NOW THAT THEY CHARGE 20P FOR CURRY SAUCE WTF!!!!

You sill go back..

zs_phil 14 June 2012 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 10666007)
Next time you go there... There might be spit in your burger ;)...

That's the thing though... No matter how crap they are NOW THAT THEY CHARGE 20P FOR CURRY SAUCE WTF!!!!

You sill go back..

Not here its FREEEEE :D

what would scooby do 14 June 2012 10:18 PM

You deserve a patty on the back for getting back to them :D

tony de wonderful 14 June 2012 10:20 PM

Should have told 'em to burger off.