ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Is this the new iphone (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/938648-is-this-the-new-iphone.html)

stevebt 07 June 2012 06:01 PM

Is this the new iphone

There seems to be a video leaked with an iphone part, It doesn't look too big as compared to the iphone 4?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8XY841RAY4Y

Ant 07 June 2012 06:53 PM

Naa looks like just a company afte publicity

SwissTony 07 June 2012 07:55 PM

It is indeed the new iphone 5.

Headphone jack on bottom, new connector, metal back, taller form factor

I have my order already placed :)

SamUK 07 June 2012 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10655313)
Naa looks like just a company afte publicity

They did that when they release the 4s too...everyone was expecting 5 then too..

Hanley 07 June 2012 09:15 PM

It is widely believed that it is indeed the new iPhone.

Also appeared on MacRumours

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/07/...ands-on-video/

Ant 07 June 2012 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Hanley (Post 10655599)
It is widely believed that it is indeed the new iPhone.

Also appeared on MacRumours

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/07/...ands-on-video/

Macrumours have also featured other "possible" iPhone 5 phones.

Nobody will know till apple say so

Cannon Fodder 07 June 2012 09:25 PM

I wish they would get the iPhone 5 out to market sooner rather than later, my iPhone 4S is without a doubt the worst iPhone I have owned. :brickwall

I am on my second handset now and it has exactly the same problem as the first developed - loss of signal, I can have my works Nokia (both on O2) beside the 4S and the Nokia will show 5 bars of 3G signal and the 4S will show either 'Searching For Network' or 1 bar of 3G signal.

It's not as if going to an Apple store is convenient for me as by the time I drive into Cardiff, pay to park, get to store, let them check for faults, they transfer my settings etc to a replacement handset, go back to car and then drive back to work around 2.5 hours of my time gone.

What I really object to is that I bought my 4S sim free brand new and when I return it I will invariably get a reconditioned handset, ok I know you get a new one if your handset is under 30 days old but it's just the bloody inconvenience of having to take the bloody handset back to them all the time.

I know I could take it to my local O2 store but going on past experiences that will mean being without the handset for around a week, and what you get offered as a 'replacement' handset is a basic Nokia handset. :(

If Apple don't get the '5 to market soon then I will be getting an S3.

Hanley 07 June 2012 09:27 PM

They have but there is wider speculation this may be a controlled leak in response to the Galaxy S3.

You're right though we will never know for sure until Apple announce it.
It's unlikely it will be announced at the WWDC on Monday as they will be revealing a new or updated line up of iMacs, MacBooks and possibly even a new Pro.

:)

prodriverules 07 June 2012 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10655624)
I wish they would get the iPhone 5 out to market sooner rather than later, my iPhone 4S is without a doubt the worst iPhone I have owned. :brickwall

I am on my second handset now and it has exactly the same problem as the first developed - loss of signal, I can have my works Nokia (both on O2) beside the 4S and the Nokia will show 5 bars of 3G signal and the 4S will show either 'Searching For Network' or 1 bar of 3G signal.

It's not as if going to an Apple store is convenient for me as by the time I drive into Cardiff, pay to park, get to store, let them check for faults, they transfer my settings etc to a replacement handset, go back to car and then drive back to work around 2.5 hours of my time gone.

What I really object to is that I bought my 4S sim free brand new and when I return it I will invariably get a reconditioned handset, ok I know you get a new one if your handset is under 30 days old but it's just the bloody inconvenience of having to take the bloody handset back to them all the time.

I know I could take it to my local O2 store but going on past experiences that will mean being without the handset for around a week, and what you get offered as a 'replacement' handset is a basic Nokia handset. :(

I'll have the 4S when your ready Ty;):D

stevebt 07 June 2012 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10655624)

I'm hoping that too as I don't really want to buy the s3 as its massive. If they don't announce it on the 11th I won't be waiting for it.

Cannon Fodder 07 June 2012 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by prodriverules (Post 10655632)
I'll have the 4S when your ready Ty;):D

http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1273573428.jpg

No problem Ryan, once I decide whether to wait for the '5 or just go for an S3 I will return it for a warranty replacement and then we'll talk cookies. :thumb:

Cannon Fodder 07 June 2012 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 10655646)
I'm hoping that too as I don't really want to buy the s3 as its massive. If they don't announce it on the 11th I won't be waiting for it.

Same here, I can have an S3 upgrade for free straight away but I will probably buy another sim free handset and then shop around for the best sim deal for data and calls. :wonder:

But if Apple don't get the '5 to market fairly soon they will just be too far behind the competition, as if the delay the '5 until September or later everyone will be looking forward to the S3 replacement. :cuckoo:

SirFozzalot 07 June 2012 09:53 PM

If it is a teaser of what's coming, I wonder if that's a hint towards an Apple Thunderbolt connection on the bottom? :wonder:

prodriverules 07 June 2012 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10655665)
http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1273573428.jpg

No problem Ryan, once I decide whether to wait for the '5 or just go for an S3 I will return it for a warranty replacement and then we'll talk cookies. :thumb:

Yum Yum me likey cookies:D

SwissTony 08 June 2012 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot (Post 10655685)
If it is a teaser of what's coming, I wonder if that's a hint towards an Apple Thunderbolt connection on the bottom? :wonder:

nope new dock connector and speakers

chocolate_o_brian 08 June 2012 01:27 AM

I got a good deal on a 4S nearly 3 months ago (18 month deal, free phone etc.) so will happily wait until next summer/autumn to see Appple's offerings then :)

That's if the crazy bitch upstairs hasn't broken this one too by then.

craigo 08 June 2012 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10655966)
I got a good deal on a 4S nearly 3 months ago (18 month deal, free phone etc.) so will happily wait until next summer/autumn to see Appple's offerings then :)

That's if the crazy bitch upstairs hasn't broken this one too by then.

Really, who with mate ?

chocolate_o_brian 08 June 2012 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by craigo (Post 10655970)
Really, who with mate ?

The deal was an online one with Carwhore Warehouse which they price matched instore. 18 month contract on o2 that was £36 plus a £6 750mb bolt on for internets. Free phone online but the shop wanted £100 for the handset till I pointed out I'd simply buy it online outside their shop and he'd lose his commission :lol1::lol1:

Happen to have a mate who works for o2 and he got me 30% "friends and family" discount on the life of the contract, so I'm paying about £30 a month instead of £42 :D

craigo 08 June 2012 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10655973)
The deal was an online one with Carwhore Warehouse which they price matched instore. 18 month contract on o2 that was £36 plus a £6 750mb bolt on for internets. Free phone online but the shop wanted £100 for the handset till I pointed out I'd simply buy it online outside their shop and he'd lose his commission :lol1::lol1:

Happen to have a mate who works for o2 and he got me 30% "friends and family" discount on the life of the contract, so I'm paying about £30 a month instead of £42 :D

As technology goes forwards thats still nearly £400 a year :brickwall

chocolate_o_brian 08 June 2012 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by craigo (Post 10655977)
As technology goes forwards thats still nearly £400 a year :brickwall

Including the discount I make it £540ish over the 18 months for the latest iPhone model, 600 minutes every month, unlimited texts every month and internets every month. Considering the phone to buy as a handset is say £400-450 even now... yeah I got a good deal :)

craigo 08 June 2012 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10655980)
Including the discount I make it £540ish over the 18 months for the latest iPhone model, 600 minutes every month, unlimited texts every month and internets every month. Considering the phone to buy as a handset is say £400-450 even now... yeah I got a good deal :)

Laptop and old nokia phone still works for me. i need a large screen and a phone with blue tooth :)

dpb 08 June 2012 08:03 AM

It can't be , Jacks not endorsed it

Jamescsti 08 June 2012 11:32 AM

Hope the headphone jack isn't on the bottom I had one of the original iPod nano's like that and always annoyed me as it was upside down in my pocket when in use.
Would like to see the new phone sooner rather than later but I do believe it will be September.
I need a handset with bigger storage than my current iPhone has.

SwissTony 08 June 2012 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jamescsti (Post 10656200)
Hope the headphone jack isn't on the bottom I had one of the original iPod nano's like that and always annoyed me as it was upside down in my pocket when in use.
Would like to see the new phone sooner rather than later but I do believe it will be September.
I need a handset with bigger storage than my current iPhone has.

If you think about it, it makes sense to have it on the bottom because as you reach into your pocket and bring it out, it will naturally be in the correct position to bring it up to your face to look at ....

Tidgy 08 June 2012 12:38 PM

apple has more leaks than a vegtable farmer lol

new iphone is going to have a 16:9 screen apple says so the case might just be a bodged up version to show that.

On the flip side i think apple leak stuff themselves for the hype so maywell be

Gear Head 08 June 2012 12:57 PM

Haven't Apple now insisted that Samsung should not be able to sell the S3 in the states? :wonder:

Tidgy 08 June 2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10656318)
Haven't Apple now insisted that Samsung should not be able to sell the S3 in the states? :wonder:

dunno, they all seem to be just havinga pissing contest tbh

ScoobyWon't 08 June 2012 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10656318)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...Galaxy-S3.html

Gear Head 08 June 2012 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 10656323)
dunno, they all seem to be just havinga pissing contest tbh

I know. Absolutely pathetic.
I don't care what brand it is, why would anyone get excited over a piece of plastic?

It is quite obviously a deliberate leak to keep people from buying something from the competition.

There was a guy on the gadget show a couple of weeks back that camped outside an Apple store for 9 days FFS! Where do these people come from? :wonder:
It is a piece of tech that is a little bit 'flashier' than the previous example and one that will obsolete in the next 12 months.
9 sodding days. Get a life you tool!

Tidgy 08 June 2012 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10656339)
I know. Absolutely pathetic.
I don't care what brand it is, why would anyone get excited over a piece of plastic?

It is quite obviously a deliberate leak to keep people from buying something from the competition.

There was a guy on the gadget show a couple of weeks back that camped outside an Apple store for 9 days FFS! Where do these people come from? :wonder:
It is a piece of tech that is a little bit 'flashier' than the previous example and one that will obsolete in the next 12 months.
9 sodding days. Get a life you tool!

but they got the new gadget 30 seconds before anyone else,,,,,,,, :wonder::wonder::wonder: :lol1::lol1::lol1:

muppets