ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Keeping local cats (felines) off my car (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/938409-keeping-local-cats-felines-off-my-car.html)

dsemuk 05 June 2012 01:46 PM

Keeping local cats (felines) off my car

Keeping local cats (felines) off my car.

As per the title, cleaning the car this morning I noticed paw prints all over the bonnet as well as several 3" - 4" scratches.

Whilst I don't mind the neighbourhood cats sheltering under my car I do take offence when they sleep or scrap on the bonnet!

I don't want to hurt the cats, I just want them off the car.

Any serious ideas?

tubbytommy 05 June 2012 01:47 PM

air rifle

Ian 05 June 2012 01:56 PM

as above, or leave some milk out with some pollyfiller mixed in.

:-)

tubbytommy 05 June 2012 01:57 PM

anti freeze in water usually stops em too

subaruturbo_18 05 June 2012 02:18 PM

Can you not get spray stuff that keeps them away? Odourless to humans but they hate it?

Turbohot 05 June 2012 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by dsemuk (Post 10652253)
Keeping local cats (felines) off my car.

As per the title, cleaning the car this morning I noticed paw prints all over the bonnet as well as several 3" - 4" scratches.

Whilst I don't mind the neighbourhood cats sheltering under my car I do take offence when they sleep or scrap on the bonnet!

I don't want to hurt the cats, I just want them off the car.

Any serious ideas?

People aren't reading your post properly and coming out with animal harming ideas.:mad: Ignore them.

I don't know what you could do to stop them from climbing your car's bonnet, but you can dangle some fake birds to your trees or/and your garden fence. Cats love staring at the birds for hours. If the plastic birds are musical, even better.That may distract the cats, as they will have a better hobby to get on with. Scratching the bonnet is their next step, but if they don't get to get to the bonnet, that second step won't take place, anyway.

Another idea is that you get a highly sensitive sensor fitted to your car. As soon as they come near it, it will deafen them with the loud "BEEEEEEP", they will jump two feet up in the air, land on the floor (they mostly land on their feet, so no harm done to them), and do one on their little paws. :thumb: Cat's hate sudden, loud noises. You can look for a powerful sensor on Ebay. The one with very loud "WOOF, WOOF" sound will be most suitable, rather than a BEEPing one.

I'll let you know if any more ideas come in my mind.

The Zohan 05 June 2012 02:42 PM

http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...d=0CL0BEPICMAI

fatscoobfella1 05 June 2012 02:58 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^

Tried them.....

There are crap.....

I have never found anything thats any good to keep cats away.. I posted the same question up a while ago and recieved loads of stupid answers(kill em/shoot em,poison em)..

I tried super soakers for a while which were quite good.. But of course you need to see them to squirt em!

We have 6 cats within a close vacinity of us,and an especially hairy grey/silver maine coon that loves licking his bo!!ocks on the mohair hood of my 911..I have to softly sponge the long sticky hairs off my roof every couple of days..

ScoobySteve69 05 June 2012 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Zohan (Post 10652298)

I can vouch for these. Since putting one in my back garden I haven`t had one pile of stinky cat sh1t.

Originally Posted by fatscoobfella1 (Post 10652308)
^^^^^^^^^^^

Tried them.....

There are crap.....

I have never found anything thats any good to keep cats away.. I posted the same question up a while ago and recieved loads of stupid answers(kill em/shoot em,poison em)..

I tried super soakers for a while which were quite good.. But of course you need to see them to squirt em!

We have 6 cats within a close vacinity of us,and an especially hairy grey/silver maine coon that loves licking his bo!!ocks on the mohair hood of my 911..I have to softly sponge the long sticky hairs off my roof every couple of days..

Maybe it depends where you positioned it.

The Zohan 05 June 2012 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by fatscoobfella1 (Post 10652308)
^^^^^^^^^^^

Tried them.....

There are crap.....

I have one to keep cats off of our MR2 convertible and so far it works....one other thing to try is the citrus gel pellets, you can get them from pet shops, etc. put them around the car (not on it!) and general area. Cats seem to hate these. regularly apply, every month or so.

DARB 05 June 2012 05:36 PM

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...-dead-cat.html

fatscoobfella1 05 June 2012 05:39 PM

Good call on the pellets... I will look at getting them....

The electronic cat scarers... We bought 2 as i wanted to try and set up a "zone" that the cats didnt use... At the time i had just had my BMW detailed and had paint corrected due to cats using the bonnet and roof as a funpark..

They cats got spooked for a while,then didnt bother... Also,the young couple who live next door to us said they could hear a high pitched audible noise constantly from them..

Weird....

sprigeteer 05 June 2012 05:42 PM

prodriverules 05 June 2012 05:43 PM

WTF!

Flaps 05 June 2012 06:09 PM

What no comment from F1 Fan saying that cats can't scratch cars?!? :cuckoo: :lol1:

jef 05 June 2012 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Flaps (Post 10652514)
What no comment from F1 Fan saying that cats can't scratch cars?!? :cuckoo: :lol1:

pmsl that brings back memories!!

maybe cat nip generously spread on the neighbours car? :)

GazTheHat 05 June 2012 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by sprigeteer (Post 10652477)

:lol1:

Ian 05 June 2012 06:48 PM

sod water.

you need this bad boy

CharlySkunkWeed 05 June 2012 07:20 PM

I'd love to keep cats away from my whole property. If they arent pooing in the gardens , they are peeing on the front of the vehicles in the drive (are they attracted to the smell of the rad ?)

Im thinking of training my dog to crap in the neighbors to see how they like it.

cookstar 05 June 2012 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by fatscoobfella1 (Post 10652469)
Good call on the pellets... I will look at getting them....

The electronic cat scarers... We bought 2 as i wanted to try and set up a "zone" that the cats didnt use... At the time i had just had my BMW detailed and had paint corrected due to cats using the bonnet and roof as a funpark..

They cats got spooked for a while,then didnt bother... Also,the young couple who live next door to us said they could hear a high pitched audible noise constantly from them..

Weird....

The inlaws have one of theses, and I can hear it clearly! Nobody else seems to be able to though, horrible things.

ScoobyWon't 05 June 2012 08:53 PM

Put a dog on the bonnet. That should keep the cats away. ;)

ditchmyster 05 June 2012 09:32 PM

2x parsons jack russells = no cats :D

dsemuk 05 June 2012 10:28 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions, lighthearted & more serious

ditchmyster I have two greyhounds who would be very capable at cat clearance if asked, but I don't want to harm the cats just get them off the car.

CharlySkunkWeed 06 June 2012 07:11 AM

Plus u seen the scratches it lef on the car going for a snooze , imagine what it can do to a dogs eyeball in anger !

fatscoobfella1 06 June 2012 07:25 AM

I also have something that would definatly get rid of cats if need be....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...newstan025.jpg

f1_fan 06 June 2012 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Flaps (Post 10652514)

Not my fault if you are too f**king retarded to undestand it the first time!

JDM_Stig 06 June 2012 08:24 AM

try a citrus based car shampoo, B&Q do a cheap orangy.

Flaps 06 June 2012 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10653289)
Not my fault if you are too f**king retarded to undestand it the first time!

:hjtwofing

Care to remind me? I fancy a laugh! :lol1:

f1_fan 06 June 2012 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Flaps (Post 10653509)
:hjtwofing

Care to remind me? I fancy a laugh! :lol1:

Look in the mirror, that should do it!

Maz 06 June 2012 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10653512)
Look in the mirror, that should do it!

I shouldn't laugh but that is a schoolboy insult that is quite droll!:D