ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   mapping a diesel (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/936897-mapping-a-diesel.html)

TURBOTRONICS 22 May 2012 12:20 PM

mapping a diesel

If done some rooting around on Google and found a few company's that offer mapping on my car but they all say around 25 bhp and 40 to 50 foot pound increase but is that just a happy medium or can you push the map further
The car in question is a 08 Clio 1.5 dci 86

JDM_Stig 22 May 2012 12:34 PM

it will all be down to the clutch and what kind of map you want, stay away from anything to aggressive as it will kill ur clutch in quick time, Id imagine 50lb ft increase in a clio would be noticeable, it will also rev more like a petrol after the map, a better power band.

sovietspybob 22 May 2012 02:34 PM

Just make sure its proper mapping on not just a 'chip', Someone chipped a diesel yaris and on a rolling road actually made less power than another standard car albeit with alot more smoke...

Evolution Stu 22 May 2012 04:40 PM

Also be EXTRA carefull if your car has DPF as dodgy remaps and boxes can cost you thousands when you clog these up!

Jolly Green Monster 22 May 2012 06:24 PM

On that car the 25bhp and upto 50lb is noticable.

The ecu mapping on them is different than subarus, usually one a decent map has been built it works on all. Unlike subarus.
Done a few vw and audi and have the kit to do renaults too but not done the clio so cant answer specific.

Simon

tony de wonderful 22 May 2012 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by TURBOTRONICS (Post 10634040)
If done some rooting around on Google and found a few company's that offer mapping on my car but they all say around 25 bhp and 40 to 50 foot pound increase but is that just a happy medium or can you push the map further
The car in question is a 08 Clio 1.5 dci 86

When you get it mapped can you ask how much they advanced the ignition and get back to us?

TURBOTRONICS 22 May 2012 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster (Post 10634436)
On that car the 25bhp and upto 50lb is noticable.

The ecu mapping on them is different than subarus, usually one a decent map has been built it works on all. Unlike subarus.
Done a few vw and audi and have the kit to do renaults too but not done the clio so cant answer specific.

Simon

is this sumert you would consider mapping as iv seen some of your work and met you one or twice
remember the invalid scooter

Evolution Stu 23 May 2012 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10634464)
When you get it mapped can you ask how much they advanced the ignition and get back to us?

ROFLOL. I actually asked that question of one of my competitors, he said it varies from car to car but usually around 3 degrees. :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

EddScott 23 May 2012 11:21 AM

Don't all cars after a certain age have to have DPFs these days?

My B7 Audi A4 170 had a DPF but that has been removed along with the EGR. Has made for a really nice drive TBH.

JDM_Stig 23 May 2012 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 10635288)
Don't all cars after a certain age have to have DPFs these days?

My B7 Audi A4 170 had a DPF but that has been removed along with the EGR. Has made for a really nice drive TBH.

wont that mean it fails the new MOT ?

EddScott 23 May 2012 11:58 AM

Nope. Presence of the DPF isn't a requirement of the MOT (Yet)

It still passes emissions and still has the OE exhaust system. Many maps give some nasty black smoke but mines very clean. Its only had a few PSI pushed through it and the DPF and EGR mapped out (properly so the car knows not to regenerate the DPF)

Littleted 30 May 2012 07:19 AM

It isnt yet but isnt it coming im sure my mate who does mots said new regs appear soon which MAY effect em?

AnYway as the guys said get a guy to do it rather than a plug and go i did my audi manually cost me 300 was perfect for 3 years i did my insignia with a plug and go one and injectors blew within 15 mins,

Evolution Stu 30 May 2012 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Littleted (Post 10643491)
It isnt yet but isnt it coming im sure my mate who does mots said new regs appear soon which MAY effect em?

Yes, they are discussing a visual test so we are advising our installer network to remove it, cut the top off, remove contents and weld back together.