ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   buying music online (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/935481-buying-music-online.html)

RobsyUK 09 May 2012 09:45 PM

buying music online

trying to find Tyler Hilton, forget the storm but don't want to pay apple $9.99 Can anyone find it in the UK for me please...

I have until Friday :thumb:

subaruturbo_18 09 May 2012 10:03 PM

So, you want the music but don't want to pay for it....?

RobsyUK 09 May 2012 10:06 PM

I don't mind paying, I just don't really want it through iTunes, I prefer CDs or the option to burn it to cd and not on iPod etc

what would scooby do 09 May 2012 10:10 PM

Tyler Hilton = spaz version of Bryan Adams :D

speedking 09 May 2012 11:47 PM

Not available on Amazon.com so I guess its an iTunes exclusive :(

subaruturbo_18 10 May 2012 03:17 AM

If you get it on itunes, you can still burn it to CD. It will be an AAC for M4U file or something which allows the copyright tags on it.

A good CD burning application will allow you to burn the file to CD and it will work like a regular CD you have purchased, if not;

If you get an AAC to WAV file converter then convert the file that you download from itunes, and then burn it through Windows Explorer or Apple's Disk Utility then it should give you the option to make it playable on standard CD players.

SiPie 10 May 2012 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 10616397)
I don't mind paying, I just don't really want it through iTunes, I prefer CDs or the option to burn it to cd and not on iPod etc

As subaruturbo18 said, you can do the above via iTunes...

Create new playlist of what you want to burn, select 'burn disc', job done

RobsyUK 10 May 2012 07:27 AM

Hmm, as it looks like the only option then I guess I'll have too.
Knowing my luck I'll burn it and it won't work...
Still thank you for the advice subaruturbo18

stevep360 10 May 2012 07:55 AM

http://www.iomoio.com/ :thumb:

Dave-W- 10 May 2012 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10616809)
No problem, but it takes a certain type of member to openly encourage the use of illegal download sites on a public forum. :)

So I'll continue to support artists/producers and pay for what I want rather than steal it :thumb:

ok m8 i see where you are coming from not saying i agree 100%with you
as i dont think justin bieber and the like are gona go without

maybe if music was priced better torrents would not exist does every artist that does it for the "love of music" have to be a multi millionaire
i know some lesser known artists may struggle at first:thumb:

also movies it cost me and the mrs £34 to watch the avengers in 3d
whats that about £34:mad:

DJ Dunk 10 May 2012 11:11 AM

Promoting illegal content is against the Terms Of Use chaps :)

Dave-W- 10 May 2012 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 10616824)
Promoting illegal content is against the Terms Of Use chaps :)

point taken will not happen again wrists have been slapped:cry:

:thumb:

chocolate_o_brian 10 May 2012 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dave-W- (Post 10616822)
ok m8 i see where you are coming from not saying i agree 100%with you
as i dont think justin bieber and the like are gona go without

maybe if music was priced better torrents would not exist does every artist that does it for the "love of music" have to be a multi millionaire
i know some lesser known artists may struggle at first:thumb:

also movies it cost me and the mrs £34 to watch the avengers in 3d
whats that about £34:mad:

I know it happens and can be of use for new talent getting out there but I don't like the open encouragement of it.

You're right re. music prices. for a download it should cost a lot less then say a physical copy on CD or even vinyl etc. (I'm a DJ and have 100s).

Don't really do the cinema as I prefer the comfort of my living room to watch a film, it is way overpriced as you say and you usually get stuck behind either the biggest hair do in the world or some sceff called McKenzie chatting to his chavvy mates.

DJ Dunk 10 May 2012 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Dave-W- (Post 10616826)
point taken will not happen again wrists have been slapped:cry:

It does indeed raise a good point though. Are download prices still too high compared to physical media? I think they are.

chocolate_o_brian 10 May 2012 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 10616834)
It does indeed raise a good point though. Are download prices still too high compared to physical media? I think they are.

They are. i have a few DJ/Producer mates and get a lot of my stuff from Beatport/Trackitdown etc. The slice the sites get for allowing downloads is huge! The producers get very little and obviously dance music is a saller part of the market than pop, so many have day jobs or also DJ aswell to make ££.

If a track costs £1.39 on Beatport for example, the producer behind it get's a very small percentage of that :(