ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Mayday weekend. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/935123-mayday-weekend.html)

Jamz3k 07 May 2012 12:35 PM

Mayday weekend.

What a fantastic way to view how scummy your neighbourhood is. I've watched 2 parents battle it out in public infront of their young son, a man jump into his car whilst drinking a bottle of Strongbow and driving off, a fella walking past my street so wiped out he looked like an extra from Walking Dead and a Dad throw full abuse at his son for embarrassing him by wanting to take some toys with him as he got dragged to the pub!

Oh and a know it all you're "doing it wrong" car cleaning inspector.

All this whilst I was washing my car.

scooby red 07 May 2012 12:44 PM

No car cleaning here its persisting it down

alcazar 07 May 2012 12:45 PM

We aren't allowed to use a hosepipe either, but the Iraqi carwash keeps going.

Jamz3k 07 May 2012 01:08 PM

Saturday and Sunday over here in norn iron was great, I bought myself a Kestrel DAS-6 at the start of the week to buff up the car and was really itching to get playing with it, thankfully I believe in the Dear Lord Baby Jesus and he granted me my wish!:D

CREWJ 07 May 2012 01:13 PM

I'm stuck in work so get to see these sights.

Leslie 07 May 2012 01:17 PM

You do see a bit of life where you live then!

Les :)

Ant 07 May 2012 01:26 PM

You're selling the area well, is the area known for being a **** hole?

Jamz3k 07 May 2012 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10612254)
You do see a bit of life where you live then!

Les :)

I like to think of it as subculture.

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10612264)
You're selling the area well, is the area known for being a **** hole?

You have pass through a bit of a cesspool to get to where I live so yes. Didn't know it at the time of moving in but you soon learn.

Dirk Diggler 75 07 May 2012 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10612195)
What a fantastic way to view how scummy your neighbourhood is. I've watched 2 parents battle it out in public infront of their young son, a man jump into his car whilst drinking a bottle of Strongbow and driving off, a fella walking past my street so wiped out he looked like an extra from Walking Dead and a Dad throw full abuse at his son for embarrassing him by wanting to take some toys with him as he got dragged to the pub!

Oh and a know it all you're "doing it wrong" car cleaning inspector.

All this whilst I was washing my car.

Good to see certain standards being kept .......:lol1:

Ant 07 May 2012 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10612272)
I like to think of it as subculture.

You have pass through a bit of a cesspool to get to where I live so yes. Didn't know it at the time of moving in but you soon learn.

Well fell for it at our last place so I know how you feel

Myles 07 May 2012 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10612244)
Saturday and Sunday over here in norn iron was great, I bought myself a Kestrel DAS-6 at the start of the week to buff up the car and was really itching to get playing with it, thankfully I believe in the Dear Lord Baby Jesus and he granted me my wish!:D

How did you get on with the DAS-6? I bought one back end of last year and am still yet to have a go! It was nerves, now its a hosepipe ban!

Jamz3k 07 May 2012 03:56 PM

Myles, it's blooming brilliant! I got one with Mezerna pads and compound/polish and within a few passes my paintwork looked fantastic and it really cut down the swirl marks. It's a long process to get it ready for cutting polishing though, I tried to do the whole car and as a result didn't get as good a finish as I could have by taking it slow and concentrating on one section of the car at a time.

If you're concerned about damaging your paint, watch the junkman videos on youtube, he shows you how its damn near impossible to screw up using a DA.

RobsyUK 07 May 2012 04:20 PM

It's all old folk near me.. :( no fitties or mingers for that matter...

Myles 07 May 2012 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10612437)
Myles, it's blooming brilliant! I got one with Mezerna pads and compound/polish and within a few passes my paintwork looked fantastic and it really cut down the swirl marks. It's a long process to get it ready for cutting polishing though, I tried to do the whole car and as a result didn't get as good a finish as I could have by taking it slow and concentrating on one section of the car at a time.

If you're concerned about damaging your paint, watch the junkman videos on youtube, he shows you how its damn near impossible to screw up using a DA.

I'll get some nuts then! Cheers!

Lee247 07 May 2012 05:26 PM

Is this the drunk, Jamz :lol1: :lol1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntg4xY5C7_o

LSherratt 07 May 2012 06:20 PM

I live on a farm in the sticks, so all I see is chickens and sheep :lol1:

Jamescsti 07 May 2012 07:29 PM

Working all day for me, 9 hours at double time. That's the alloy refurb paid for then.

DYK 07 May 2012 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 10612687)

I'm thinking about retiring,need any farm help,all i require is food,shelter,drink,the odd bottle of vodka,and women. :D

RA Dunk 07 May 2012 09:51 PM

Lucky you, I got to do a 12 hour shift yesterday and another 12 hour shift today.

Leslie 08 May 2012 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 10612687)

Do you find yourself having conversations with them?

Les :D