ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Had a bit if an incident this afternoon. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/934950-had-a-bit-if-an-incident-this-afternoon.html)

dazdavies 05 May 2012 05:40 PM

Had a bit if an incident this afternoon.

I Thought I'd run this by you good people and see what the masses think.

I had a bit of a minor bump in the car today. By minor i mean clash of wing mirrors.

Basically there were vehicles parked either side of the road. The one on my side had its wheels on the pavement the one on the other side had both wheels on the road. (See picture at bottom ps bloke and woman in it are the culrprits).

Anyway as I was coming through already level with the van at this point this bloke in a fairly new ish BMW 325 came the other way. He made no attempt to slow down or to move out of the way and we ended up hitting mirrors.

Anyway I parked up as did he and I went across to the blokes car to look at the damage. Minor scratches to his mirror.

I asked him for his details and at this point the passenger door opened and out stepped this blokes girlfriend/wife/partner whatever. Anyway without any provocation she starts effing and blinding and then tells me to shut up or she'll "****ing smack me" and proper squares up to me like a bloke you've upset in the pub. Inches away from my face puffing her shoulders out you know the stance i mean the pidgeon stance.

With that the bloke starts too. Now I'm no pushover when it comes to crap like this but I've never in my life been faced with someone thats got that agressive and confrontational from the off.

Anyway realising that things were qucikly going pair shaped I told her to crack on but not to make the mistake of thinking that just because she was a bird that she wouldnt get one back.

That seemed to incite the boyfriend and he started threatening me and calling me fat c*nt blah blah blah so I told him to shut up and let his boyfriend so the talking.

Any way these idiots kept trying the aggessive the louder i shout the more i'll back down approach. At this point I tried to calm things down and suggested we deal with this in an adult way. They were having none of it. So I started taking pictures of the cars, damage, scene etc.

The insults and threats caried on and at one point I thought they were both going to get physical at the same time. The bloke mentioned calling the police and I congratulated him on the first good Idea he'd had. Then this bint said not to and kind of started flapping a bit.

They wouldnt exchange details and they eventually drove off.

I have photos of them their car and its reg plate. Just wondered what action you guys would suggest. Im not bothered about the damage as its only the mirror glass thats gone what proper annoyed me is the womans behaviour. Had it not been for her I honestly think it would have been dealt with in a civil manner.

To be fair I seriously thought about giving the pair of them a hiding as I had my 2 year old in the car and I was concerned about mine and his welfare had they both kicked off. I know that sounds like a contradiction but attack is the best form off defence and all that and I really thought they were both going to get violent at one point.

Anyway, I just wondered what you lot thought and how you would of handled it and what your next course of action with it would be.

I look forward to your varied replies :)

Cheers

Daz

Sorry about the photo the black shroud is my phone case as I was in a hurry.

http://www.scoob.co.uk/accident1.jpg

Lee247 05 May 2012 05:43 PM

She sounds like a right horror. Get the Police involved, pronto :thumb:

stevep360 05 May 2012 05:43 PM

Fair play for not going medieval on them. I don't know if I could have been as restrained dude

tubbytommy 05 May 2012 05:46 PM

if it has upset you mate phone the police and make a complaint, they would possibly have a word with the two people as its threatening behaviour towards you.
you did the right thing as if you had got physical you could of ended up in court.

chocolate_o_brian 05 May 2012 05:49 PM

Any idea what the blokes name was?

The Zohan 05 May 2012 05:49 PM

I would be surprised if they decided that it was you that hit them!

They sound like a pair of nasty chavs TBH. I understand fully having your child with you and not wanting to get physical - well only as a last resort.

I take it they have your details so printing up some business cards with their details offering sexual service is probably a no-go;) along with assorted skip drops and fast food orders late at night.

If you are not bothered about your car then let it be, you never know you might come across the chap some time and you could kindly explain to him the error of his ways;)

I am a firm believer in KARMA and it sounds like they will get their comeuppance one way or another:)

Might well be worth a call to plod to report the incident, it could be they are not legally on the road (tax/insurance/mot/licence or had been drinking) plod could run their details...

Ant 05 May 2012 05:49 PM

Report it to the police for not stopping at the scene.

Ant 05 May 2012 05:53 PM

:rolleyes: I know that but they didn't exchange details so effectively drove off ;)

Right whos deleting posts !

jef 05 May 2012 05:55 PM

see below behaviour, its astonishing. what happened to manning the fck up and taking the blame!!

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...tal-women.html

tubbytommy 05 May 2012 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10609920)
:rolleyes: I know that but they didn't exchange details so effectively drove off ;)

yup my bad read it wrong, yes that is against the law also so thats two things.

kingofturds 05 May 2012 06:03 PM

Was their car insured?

steve05wrx 05 May 2012 06:03 PM

Hi, you need to report to police asap - so that if they later report that you drive off from scene of accident, you won't get accused of this.
Mention aggro but more importantly mention that you tried to exchange details but they refused to give you theirs and drove away.
This puts them at fault for effectively hit and run.
Cheers
steve

stevebt 05 May 2012 06:43 PM

Just tell the police about the incident then forget. I only mention telling the poilice in case they come up with a claim against you so your covered :) I really think the police won't be interested but cover your own back.

tubbytommy 05 May 2012 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 10609993)
Just tell the police about the incident then forget. I only mention telling the poilice in case they come up with a claim against you so your covered :) I really think the police won't be interested but cover your own back.

im pretty sure they will have to follow up the complaint.

mervil 05 May 2012 06:50 PM

Check on the insurance website and check that it's insured and the DVLA site to check its taxed, if not, go to the Police!

mervil 05 May 2012 06:51 PM

I agree about informing the police as they drive off from the scene of an accident! :thumb:

Midlife...... 05 May 2012 07:14 PM

what was their reg number ?

Shaun

greenonedave 05 May 2012 07:17 PM

report it, if only to cover your own ar*e, there is some strange nasty people out there,

hodgy0_2 05 May 2012 07:22 PM

these are always difficult situations, with no right or wrong answer

and it is always upsetting to be confronted by such mindless aggression

but personally, given that no actual physical harm or major damage done

I would just forget it

imo the less time given to these types the better, they are just never worth it

euan_r 05 May 2012 07:29 PM

agreed, phone the police for driving off without leaving details. They may be uninsured and a least some good would come of it, you would hope.

DYK 05 May 2012 07:33 PM

I say you did right not to hit back at that point,she was mouthing off but let her carry on,act neutral and it will always most likely defuse the situation.
I dare say if you had hit either of them first,they would of gone straight to the cops.Things like this you need to quickly weigh up the situation,as long as they don't know where you live etc and may come back,have a beer relax.

An0n0m0us 05 May 2012 07:52 PM

Report it as others have said.

CharlySkunkWeed 05 May 2012 07:57 PM

Phone the cops , and mention your neck is sore too :)

SIG 05 May 2012 08:01 PM

Report it mate.
Similar happened to me when a guy told me to go f**K myself and drove of when asked for details.

Police traced him through his reg. he got 6 points which put him on a ban for leaving the scene and failure to leave details.

all i had was a scratched bumper which t-cutted off.

Tony Harrington 05 May 2012 08:21 PM

I can only commend you in regard to how you handled this volatile situation. Having said that I think you should report the incident to the police even though they generally don't get involved unless an individual has been injured or property has been damaged.

You should report them for a number of reasons:

1. They may have been hiding something ie. no tax/insurance
2. Possibly it may be an offence to drive off without exchanging details etc
3. There could be a police record of complaints against these people
4. The car in the picture is parked illegally. Generally the police waive this if the area is a heavy one in terms of traffic volume but they must leave sufficient access for prams & wheel chairs

Once again full admiration to how you responded to this incident, it could have gone well nasty.

thesyn 05 May 2012 08:45 PM

I would say forget it but there is the faint possibility that they might report to BIB so best if you get in first.

njkmrs 05 May 2012 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 10609894)
I Thought I'd run this by you good people and see what the masses think.

I had a bit of a minor bump in the car today. By minor i mean clash of wing mirrors.

Basically there were vehicles parked either side of the road. The one on my side had its wheels on the pavement the one on the other side had both wheels on the road. (See picture at bottom ps bloke and woman in it are the culrprits).

Anyway as I was coming through already level with the van at this point this bloke in a fairly new ish BMW 325 came the other way. He made no attempt to slow down or to move out of the way and we ended up hitting mirrors.

Anyway I parked up as did he and I went across to the blokes car to look at the damage. Minor scratches to his mirror.

I asked him for his details and at this point the passenger door opened and out stepped this blokes girlfriend/wife/partner whatever. Anyway without any provocation she starts effing and blinding and then tells me to shut up or she'll "****ing smack me" and proper squares up to me like a bloke you've upset in the pub. Inches away from my face puffing her shoulders out you know the stance i mean the pidgeon stance.

With that the bloke starts too. Now I'm no pushover when it comes to crap like this but I've never in my life been faced with someone thats got that agressive and confrontational from the off.

Anyway realising that things were qucikly going pair shaped I told her to crack on but not to make the mistake of thinking that just because she was a bird that she wouldnt get one back.

That seemed to incite the boyfriend and he started threatening me and calling me fat c*nt blah blah blah so I told him to shut up and let his boyfriend so the talking.

Any way these idiots kept trying the aggessive the louder i shout the more i'll back down approach. At this point I tried to calm things down and suggested we deal with this in an adult way. They were having none of it. So I started taking pictures of the cars, damage, scene etc.

The insults and threats caried on and at one point I thought they were both going to get physical at the same time. The bloke mentioned calling the police and I congratulated him on the first good Idea he'd had. Then this bint said not to and kind of started flapping a bit.

They wouldnt exchange details and they eventually drove off.

I have photos of them their car and its reg plate. Just wondered what action you guys would suggest. Im not bothered about the damage as its only the mirror glass thats gone what proper annoyed me is the womans behaviour. Had it not been for her I honestly think it would have been dealt with in a civil manner.

To be fair I seriously thought about giving the pair of them a hiding as I had my 2 year old in the car and I was concerned about mine and his welfare had they both kicked off. I know that sounds like a contradiction but attack is the best form off defence and all that and I really thought they were both going to get violent at one point.

Anyway, I just wondered what you lot thought and how you would of handled it and what your next course of action with it would be.

I look forward to your varied replies :)

Cheers

Daz

Sorry about the photo the black shroud is my phone case as I was in a hurry.

http://www.scoob.co.uk/accident1.jpg

To be honest ,she looks like she has a perky pair of toots ,so i would have said "look shoot the fook up ,bend over, take this and your boyfriend can watch ", but obviously its too late now ,but worth remembering for next time.!!:thumb:

dazdavies 05 May 2012 09:46 PM

After some effort I've managed to report it to the police. First I rang them and was told I had to go to a police station and report it in person. So off I trott only to find the police station all locked up. Despite there being a sign saying ring the bell if there is anyone here we will answer if not ring central control. Despite me being able to see several people through a frosted window not one of the bastids answered the door even after several attempts. So I rang central control who booked me an appointment at a station 14 miles away. The officer that did eventually help me was superb. An old school bobby who retires in a few months. He was brilliant, very understanding and his help and advice were superb. If only the police service was full of people like him rather than the majority of arseholes like the ones that couldn't be arsed to answer the door in the first place.

Anyway looks like the culprits are going to get a visit and maybe prosecuted for a public order offence and leaving the scene of an accident. I doubt I'll hear anything about this but at least I feel better having reported it.

Steve vRS 05 May 2012 09:49 PM

Well done for reporting it :D

Steve

tubbytommy 05 May 2012 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 10610356)
After some effort I've managed to report it to the police. First I rang them and was told I had to go to a police station and report it in person. So off I trott only to find the police station all locked up. Despite there being a sign saying ring the bell if there is anyone here we will answer if not ring central control. Despite me being able to see several people through a frosted window not one of the bastids answered the door even after several attempts. So I rang central control who booked me an appointment at a station 14 miles away. The officer that did eventually help me was superb. An old school bobby who retires in a few months. He was brilliant, very understanding and his help and advice were superb. If only the police service was full of people like him rather than the majority of arseholes like the ones that couldn't be arsed to answer the door in the first place.

Anyway looks like the culprits are going to get a visit and maybe prosecuted for a public order offence and leaving the scene of an accident. I doubt I'll hear anything about this but at least I feel better having reported it.

i hope they get what they deserve, well done mate